No announcement yet.

Destroyers - Fletcher Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the way.. when the holiday is over....

Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
    Slow loading for some reason ...
    Happy 4th !
    Attached Files

Comment

• BP & TBM3Fan - Thanks for sharing! Also, all have a wonderful 4th of July.

Comment

• 4th with a bang ...

Originally posted by bbvet View Post
        BP & TBM3Fan - Thanks for sharing! Also, all have a wonderful 4th of July.
        Some pictures from the Cassin Young....
        Attached Files

Comment

• BP,

Much appreciate the additional Fanfare photos!

Hank

Comment

• Good stuff!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Dd-566 ...

BP,

Much appreciate the additional Fanfare photos!

Hank

I was interested in the recital addressing the three (3) three inch mounts on the Stoddard.
              So checking out the cruise book I came across an interesting collection of supportive material for Fletcher-DD's from the 1960's http://ussstoddard.org/vietnam1967.htm
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                I was interested in the recital addressing the three (3) three inch mounts on the Stoddard.
                So checking out the cruise book I came across an interesting collection of supportive material for Fletcher-DD's from the 1960's http://ussstoddard.org/vietnam1967.htm
                BP,

Yes, those photos are from a fellow crewman I served with, Joe Weidlich. I'm trying to locate the negatives from 8-9 rolls of 35mm Kodacolor film I took on the same cruise. I did print out a few, but nothing that stands out as helpful for a model. The devil is in the details! There will be quite a bit of scratchbuilding involved with this model to get it correct. Thanks for the comments and additional photos.

Hank
                Last edited by bbvet; 07 Jul 17,, 13:54. Reason: Adding additional commentary

Comment

• Detail a 3 inch mount! From what I can see up close that could take a lifetime especially when compared to the 3/50 cal dual mount.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    Detail a 3 inch mount! From what I can see up close that could take a lifetime especially when compared to the 3/50 cal dual mount.
                    Actually, I will need to get the DUAL 3"/50 mount detailed and printed in 3D (if possible). I have someone lined up, just a matter of getting back to my shop and seeing if the details I have will enable him to design the parts in 3D and then get them printed. I'd imagine that a lot of the minute' details will be omitted as these parts will be for a 1/144 model and probably not more than 1/2" in length at best. Of course, once designed, it can be printed in various scales (in this case larger scales) with little extra effort on the designer's end of things. To mold this (or these) parts, would be extremely time consuming for each different scale needed or requested.

Hank

Comment

• B & W Saturday afternoon movie ...

Anybody with :30 minutes to kill and desire to see some Fletcher's underway might click on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4FFP2hmUoQ

Features one of my favorite actors Joey Tata along with the following Fletcher's underway USS Trathen, USS Cowell, USS Preston..... enjoy.
                      Hank you might enjoy the picture of the USS Cowell that provides another view of the shield you mentioned earlier...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                        Anybody with :30 minutes to kill and desire to see some Fletcher's underway might click on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4FFP2hmUoQ

Features one of my favorite actors Joey Tata along with the following Fletcher's underway USS Trathen, USS Cowell, USS Preston..... enjoy.
                        Hank you might enjoy the picture of the USS Cowell that provides another view of the shield you mentioned earlier...
                        BP,

Thanks so much!! Very nice shots. I have the one of TRATHAN in color - can't have enough info!!! I'll check out the video when I get a chance!

Hank

Comment

• Good video! Makes you want to enlist on a DD...

Comment

• The Destroyer ....

Originally posted by Builder 2010 View Post
                            Good video! Makes you want to enlist on a DD...
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e960TBYh0XA

If you like to cut to the chase and join the Fletcher story line jump ahead to 23:10

Comment

• BP,

I've looked through this thread and have not come up with any (visible) photos of the Mk. 32 triple torpedo tubes - by any chance do you have any from your visits to THE SULLIVANS or CASSIN YOUNG that you could post?

Thanks,

Hank

Comment

• Series of Ten 21 inc torpedo tubes - two quintuple centerline mount....

BP,

I've looked through this thread and have not come up with any (visible) photos of the Mk. 32 triple torpedo tubes - by any chance do you have any from your visits to THE SULLIVANS or CASSIN YOUNG that you could post?

Thanks,

Hank
                                Yes I can help out with that request.
                                Pictures from the Kidd and The Sullivans will follow...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X