spinnin our wheels"or props"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinnin our wheels"or props"

a rant..now i see two lcs finally,way overbudget,everybody and there dog got their pockets lined on them two boats,well after the navy been dipstickin around while the last 9 or 10 whatever tico cruisers rust away,we should have had half a dozen or more replacements built by now,what 10 years of study cgx this and that and maybe they cut some steel for the 1st one,anybody know any new cruiser news.

I haven't even heard of ANY class warship they are spending money on that can be designed or even built within today's technology to say nothing on budget.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

good god..

ive been diggen around and just read that a u.s ship yard that builds aegis ships for the u.s navy is teaming up with south korea hyandai to offer a 4000 to 6000 aegis frigate light cruiser to nations,they already built the kdx II and III which i think the u.s should just build or enlarge a little more anyway,i think it holds more missilles like a tico then a burke,plus it needs room for the new tomahawk antiship missille around the corner.

Comment

Everything needs more room for this gadget, more room for that gizmo, more room for the Cylon death ray, more room for a gun that can shoot a shell into orbit, etc. etc.

Warship designers or redesigners (and I was one of them) are notorious for packing 12 pounds of potatoes in a 10 pound sack.

Then when we come up with a 15 pound sack other designers absolutely, positively, without question have to put 20 pounds in it.

I'm glad I'm retired. 39 years of that was enough.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

good morning and thank you for your servicethe past 39 years my hats off to ya.."rusty battleship"..i know their building more burkes now"which is fine by me,it and the kdx II and t45 are the top dogs,in western designs,but i sure hope they upgun the lcs"s i didnt realize the nlos box missille was so short raged,1 small deck gun ,1 ram, 1interchanchable mission module/sub/land/seattack,they need at least another ram box launchers,larger gun,4 harpoons at least,maybe small vls/essm.get it together.
          Last edited by biteasaur; 25 Jul 09,, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
            ,but i sure hope they upgun the lcs"s i didnt realize the nlos box missille was so short raged,1 small deck gun ,1 ram, 1interchanchable mission module/sub/land/sea attack,they need at least another ram box launchers,larger gun,4 harpoons at least,maybe small vls/essm.get it together.
            Why? As Rusty said, it sounds like you want to shove 20lbs of crap in a 10lb bag.

Comment

let me back up a bit here..

now let me rephrase,i salute any and all military retired or commited/still enlisted to their job.."go u.s.a.,now i just dont want our men and women sent into harms way in an undergunned lcs,it just worries me a little is all,stretch it out and make it bigger then,just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
                now let me rephrase,i salute any and all military retired or commited/still enlisted to their job.."go u.s.a.,now i just dont want our men and women sent into harms way in an undergunned lcs,it just worries me a little is all,stretch it out and make it bigger then,just an idea.
                Still have not stated why you think its "Undergunned".

Stretch it out, Make it a Burke. Then we can go back into the LCS replacement beause its too big for the job.

Comment

ok,not trying to agitate you but if both models of lcs is gonna keep that small of a deck gun it needs one front and rear/i still prefer a bigger gun,at least one more ram,maybe a small vls for essm/various,still needs a antiship missille ,it just seems it will get swarmed in the littorells/shallows where its designed to fight,say hyppothetical guam or near north korea/china fac 022 launching 100 km #antiship/cheezy diesal subs everywhere/jh7-mig21/23 i know a lcs will not be alone but it would be dangerous.

Comment

Everything needs more room for this gadget, more room for that gizmo, more room for the Cylon death ray, more room for a gun that can shoot a shell into orbit, etc. etc.

"Cylon death ray" priceless.:))
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post

"Cylon death ray" priceless.:))
                      look what they did with the Kidd in the 2nd Transformers movie a rail gun..(even though they showed the Preble)

Comment

Working...
                      X