Twenty die on Russian submarine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP to all the lads.

Russia has to take these things seriously.
    Question everything, answer nothing.

Comment

Rest in Peace
      When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
          Very unfortunate.

Tragic loss of life.

May their souls rest in peace.

It also affects India's acquiring the N subs.
          Sir, A question.
          Were any of the men killed aboard Indian military? The reason I ask is one would expect someone from India's Navy to be aboard during her sea trials as Nerpa was to become theirs for rent in the very near future.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            Sir, A question.
            Were any of the men killed aboard Indian military? The reason I ask is one would expect someone from India's Navy to be aboard during her sea trials as Nerpa was to become theirs for rent in the very near future.
            officially neither the IN nor the RN have ever said that India will get the nerpa, hence neither will ever admit to Indian casualties. as far as the official line goes there were no Indians on board, even the media reports indicate that the submarine was going to host the first Indian contingent only next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bengalraider View Post
              officially neither the IN nor the RN have ever said that India will get the nerpa, hence neither will ever admit to Indian casualties. as far as the official line goes there were no Indians on board, even the media reports indicate that the submarine was going to host the first Indian contingent only next week.
              Bengal,
              It has been pretty well contested that India would recieve the Nerpa. She fits the bill as far as building date, design, and delivery window. Although not officially endorsed by either the Russian Navy or the Indian Navy she does fit the window for delivery as the other sub they are building wont be ready for some time and no one expects the Indian Navy who is spending alot of currency with the Russian Navy to recieve an outdated version of the sub or a previous class for the "lease". This is why I posed the question above. I would suspect the official version of this wont be long in coming for announcment. However after this accident it may prolong the hand over process and thus its official release to the public for either to aknowledge.
              IMO, its pretty safe to say the Indian Navy will recieve the Nerpa after this process has been cleared away but then again who is too say.
              Last edited by Dreadnought; 11 Nov 08,, 16:49.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

R.i.p.
                Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

Bengal,
                  It has been pretty well contested that India would recieve the Nerpa. She fits the bill as far as building date, design, and delivery window. Although not officially endorsed by either the Russian Navy or the Indian Navy she does fit the window for delivery as the other sub they are building wont be ready for some time and no one expects the Indian Navy who is spending alot of currency with the Russian Navy to recieve an outdated version of the sub or a previous class for the "lease". This is why I posed the question above. I would suspect the official version of this wont be long in coming for announcment. However after this accident it may prolong the hand over process and thus its official release to the public for either to aknowledge.
                  IMO, its pretty safe to say the Indian Navy will recieve the Nerpa after this process has been cleared away but then again who is too say.
                  even after this accident i do hope the IN still gets the nerpa though i think they shall keep it even more under wraps because of the scandal that would result when the news leaked that the IN had actually got a submarine in which such an accident had taken place

Comment

The Chinese still took delivery of that Sovernmeny where a fire broke out and killed some shipyard workers.

Comment

Really sad.
                      RIP.

14 of them were civilians.:(

From the later reports, it is said that the accidental activation of FireControl Mechanism may have been due to a civilian lighting a cigarette in a Non-Smoking area. Of course, we may never know the truth as it will result in delay or possible cancellation of the lease to India.
                      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/W...ow/3700042.cms

(Btw, contrary to some posts here, the K-512 Nerpa is being leased to India and being commissioned in IN as the INS Chakra on a 10 yr lease. There were two Akula II subs 40% and 60% completed but their construction was halted due to monetary shorcomings. According to the India-Russia deal, India gets the both the constructed subs on a 10 yr lease for a payment of $650 Million each. This deal was a part of the Admiral Gorshkov STOBAR aircraft carrier package. This sub will be fiitted with the 3M-54 Klub missiles for India)
                      Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

first, there were 17 of civilian engeneers, three of them I knew, though not well enough
                        second, system activated at night, crew was sleeping. And what cigarette? All of them were shipbuilding engeneers specialized in submarine building - how could one of them light a cigarette on submerged submarine? Are you claiming them fools?

Russian admirals tend to claim all civilians as stupid and unable personell just to save their own useless heads, don't be like them please

One guy went to another compartement right before, he can't even recall why - now he stutter and his hands trembling from neurasthenia, he still can't believe that he survived.
                        We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Sir, A question.
                          I wouldn't know.

It is a part of the chances that one takes when one volunteers for the defence forces.

We take everything in our stride I presume.

Part of life should I say.

With the way the Indian govt is treating the armed forces, had it been Pakistan, things would be different.

We are proud to be the Indian armed forces and ready to take all the sh1t!

We are Indians and we are proud of our democratic traditions and of our armed forces being apolitical.
                          Last edited by Ray; 12 Nov 08,, 09:20.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
                            first, there were 17 of civilian engeneers, three of them I knew, though not well enough
                            second, system activated at night, crew was sleeping. And what cigarette? All of them were shipbuilding engeneers specialized in submarine building - how could one of them light a cigarette on submerged submarine? Are you claiming them fools?

Russian admirals tend to claim all civilians as stupid and unable personell just to save their own useless heads, don't be like them please

One guy went to another compartement right before, he can't even recall why - now he stutter and his hands trembling from neurasthenia, he still can't believe that he survived.
                            Easy mate, I am not claiming anything. I have just quoted the report. Thats it. You would know better than me. (Honestly, no offence meant)
                            Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Okay, sorry if being offencive, didn't ment to.

Comment

Great, just great. They found someone to pin accusations upon

Today some official from Investigations Committee told to Echo of Moscow radio station journalists that they found initiator of firefighting system. Some sailor said giving confessions that he activated it on purpose, without demand.
                                Anyone believes this crap?

Comment

Working...
                                X