Two seat F22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two seat F22?

Is there a two seat version of the F22 for training, or will all training be done in the simualtor?

You mean FB-22?

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/auth...p?author=A2076

http://www.geocities.com/xplanes2000/FB-22new.jpg

Comment

No I mean a two seat F22 for training. I cant think of one recent american plane that didnt have a two seat trainer other than the F117. F22 are being put into production and being introduced into airforce use, but there is no two seat trainer to go along with the new plane.

Comment

I guess they'll do it all by simulators then. I'm surprised they'd give such a massively expensive aircraft to a pilot who'd never flown it for real without having an instructor, but I guess sims are pretty advanced these days.

Comment

There never was any intention to build a two-seater trainer version. Current simulators are extremely sophisticated. IIRC, all F-22 pilots are selected from experienced F-15 pilots, and they make about 18 simulator flights before taking the Raptor up for the first time.

There is very preliminary work done for a two-seater F-35, but it is an EA version, not a trainer, so it will be the same way- just some sim time, then go.

In both cases, the AC is really not very hard to fly compared to say, and F-15, and the computer won't let you get into trouble.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

The F-22B was cut for cost reasons. Same for the TF-35.
            F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

And also the F-22B should not be confused with the FB-22. One was the proposed trainer, and the other is the proposed Interim Bomber.
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

". I cant think of one recent american plane that didnt have a two seat trainer other than the F117."

A-10

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  ". I cant think of one recent american plane that didnt have a two seat trainer other than the F117."

A-10
                  true but they did make a 2 seat version of it - at least one any way ;)

Comment

They made three NAW birds, but they're not trainers, they were night all weather attack variants, and none of them ever entered service.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                      They made three NAW birds, but they're not trainers, they were night all weather attack variants, and none of them ever entered service.
                      yeah I know - I was just being a ass

Comment

Originally posted by magic-spaceship
                        yeah I know - I was just being a ass
                        oh yeah? Well two can play that game!
                        Attached Files
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

^^^ Lol. Airbus.

I've seen the 3-seater, never knew there was a 4-seater out there...

Comment

Working...
                          X