F/A-18 Super Hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGTharos View Post
    Today, even with AIM-9M anyone in front of your plane is in trouble. That thing has a 75 degree seeker gimbal and will attack targets at all aspects.
    Don't you mean AIM-9x? The AIM-9x infront of your target is in bug trouble. The AIM-9x has a 90 degree angel of maneuvering. AIM-9x is very agile and is the best WVR air to air missile. I had to copy and paste my sources on the AIM-9x from another forum because there i had substantially all of my sources about the AIM-9x. I'm showing you how good the AIM-9x is and how it works. Here's my sources from the other forum.

AIM-9X is a Advanced Air-to-air missile from its predecessor the AIM-9M. It's a newer Sidewinder missile with extended range, increased maneuverability and increased reliability. Also the biggest difference between both AIM-9 and AIM-9x missiles is that AIM-9x is thinner and stealthy in design which is why it's a small skinny missile. The original AIM-9 is bigger which increases the aircrafts (RCS) while carrying the AIM-9 in the main hard point sections. Then AIM-9x is use-full when adding the JHMCS which is especially important if your trying to get the enemy down with your advanced missile.

Utilizing the JHMCS, a pilot can point the AIM-9X missile's seeker and "lock on" by simply looking at a target, thereby increasing air combat effectiveness It retains the same rocket motor, fuze and warhead of the 9-"Mike", but its lower drag gives it improved range and speed. AIM-9X also includes an internal cooling system, eliminating the need for use of launch-rail nitrogen bottles or internal argon bottle. It also features an electronic safe and arm device similar to the AMRAAM, allowing reduction in minimum range and reprogrammable InfraRed Counter Counter Measures capability that coupled with the FPA provide improved look down into clutter and performance against the latest IRCM.

Differences between the AIM-9 Sidewinders missile series:

Comment

• :) Hehe?

Comment

• Hehe? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Jaime View Post
          Can you give me a link on Chogy?

And also why don't you need the Aim-9x? You need it because its very maneuverable. It has a 90 degree of turning which will score you a kill.
          I can't remember where I read those posts. Those are just the abstract of his wisdom...

Sure, I want the -9X on my side. I just pray the other guy doesn't have something like it when I'm in a turning fight against him.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The AIM-9x has a 90 degree angel of maneuvering. AIM-9x is very agile and is the best WVR air to air missile.
            This is goign to sound harsh, oh well I am an abrasive asshole anyway. Best advice I can give you, shut up when it comes to spouting off like you know things, and ask our resident pilots and aviation experts questions instead of lecturing them. We have people here who have actually fired the missiles your talking about. Right now i think the odds are even up you don't have to shave yet, vs typical troll.

Comment

• Steven,

You don't have to copy/paste numbers off the Internet because most of us know the exact numbers and/or do not particularly care for it. We frown upon the "this missile has this range and that missile has that range so this missile will obviously win" talk.

As far as the "dogfight" in the classical sense to the word, ask yourself this:

What's the use of fighting someone one on one with pistols when there are snipers all around you?

Comment

• Attached Files
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  This is goign to sound harsh, oh well I am an abrasive asshole anyway. Best advice I can give you, shut up when it comes to spouting off like you know things, and ask our resident pilots and aviation experts questions instead of lecturing them. We have people here who have actually fired the missiles your talking about. Right now i think the odds are even up you don't have to shave yet, vs typical troll.
                  If you can't handle some good info about the AIM-9x please get out or ignore it. Ridiculous if i should say i guess you don't want to hear my info. Like I said I came from another aviation forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    Steven,

You don't have to copy/paste numbers off the Internet because most of us know the exact numbers and/or do not particularly care for it. We frown upon the "this missile has this range and that missile has that range so this missile will obviously win" talk.

As far as the "dogfight" in the classical sense to the word, ask yourself this:

What's the use of fighting someone one on one with pistols when there are snipers all around you?
                    That was my info from another aviation forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33105[/ATTACH]
                      Seriously?

Comment

Seriously?
                        Yup, welcome to WAB. Your info isn't really new info, we already have it. Raw numbers don't matter as much as insight and experience.

Comment

Don't you mean AIM-9x? The AIM-9x infront of your target is in bug trouble.
                          No, I mean the 9M. The 9X is more trouble with extra trouble on top. In case your imagination didn't come up with this one, you can slew anything that's slewable with JHMCS, it just needs to be slaved to it, which the software may or may not do (these days there's not much point since the 9X is replacing previous sidewinder versions - the 120 can be aimed with JHMCS as well).

The AIM-9x has a 90 degree angel of maneuvering. AIM-9x is very agile and is the best WVR air to air missile. I had to copy and paste my sources on the AIM-9x from another forum because there i had substantially all of my sources about the AIM-9x. I'm showing you how good the AIM-9x is and how it works. Here's my sources from the other forum.
                          I know more about the 9X than you ever will, thanks :)
                          Last edited by GGTharos; 09 Jun 13,, 14:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                            Yup, welcome to WAB. Your info isn't really new info, we already have it. Raw numbers don't matter as much as insight and experience.
                            Ok Thanks,

Steven

Comment

• Originally posted by GGTharos View Post
                              No, I mean the 9M. The 9X is more trouble with extra trouble on top. In case your imagination didn't come up with this one, you can slew anything that's slewable with JHMCS, it just needs to be slaved to it, which the software may or may not do (these days there's not much point since the 9X is replacing previous sidewinder versions - the 120 can be aimed with JHMCS as well).

I know more about the 9X than you ever will, thanks :)

How about if you know more about the Super Hornet? I'll know much more than you :)

Comment

• This is not a measuring contest.

If you have something valuable to add to the discussion, you are more then welcomed.
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X