Air to air combat future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by citanon View Post
    Except the when the winning aircrafts then come flying over the battlefield to deliver pain.
    Well, yeah.

Just give it a little more time and the ground forces will be robots, too. Hopefully, countries will get smart and only fight each other with robots. Once one side's robots are blow up, it will surrender rather than suffer human losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Proyas View Post
      Well, yeah.

Just give it a little more time and the ground forces will be robots, too. Hopefully, countries will get smart and only fight each other with robots. Once one side's robots are blow up, it will surrender rather than suffer human losses.
      No, once the robots are expended, it will be back to Bows and Arrows!
      "Liberty is a thing beyond all price.

Comment

This was discussed previously here: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mil...ir-combat.html
        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Whatever ground sensors that would be able to detect a stealth aircraft could also be used to direct opposing aircraft/missiles towards it. The future is higher tech, not lower tech. In an era of supercruising aircraft, followed by hypersonic aircraft, bullets are becoming less and less valuable(In the A2A realm).
            I want what I do not have.

Comment

Originally posted by scorefour View Post
              Whatever ground sensors that would be able to detect a stealth aircraft could also be used to direct opposing aircraft/missiles towards it. The future is higher tech, not lower tech. In an era of supercruising aircraft, followed by hypersonic aircraft, bullets are becoming less and less valuable(In the A2A realm).
              But they still have their place. If an intruder enters your airspace and turns out to be a lost (or in difficulties due to avionics failure) airliner how would you steer it away from danger? With missiles you can destroy it of course, but a short burst of fire ahead of the cockpit would gain the crews attention.
              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

^ you can always try what Jasper Maskelyne, did to german bombers , in ww2; To mask the Suez Canal he built a revolving cone of mirrors that created a wheel of spinning light nine miles wide, meant to dazzle and disorient enemy pilots so that their bombs would fall off-target, from documentary i saw, it worked pretty well, pilots who was "shot", with those mirriors, had no idea where they were, some fell out of skyes.
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                  ^ you can always try what Jasper Maskelyne, did to german bombers , in ww2; To mask the Suez Canal he built a revolving cone of mirrors that created a wheel of spinning light nine miles wide, meant to dazzle and disorient enemy pilots so that their bombs would fall off-target, from documentary i saw, it worked pretty well, pilots who was "shot", with those mirriors, had no idea where they were, some fell out of skyes.
                  Or you could have a cannon and a small supply of ammunition, which will be more convenient and cheaper.:))
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Well, yeah.

Until the Robots decide they don't want to do it anymore and they take over. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
                      FINALLY!!:)) just as i was losing hope someone said it. Does no one remember the Guhvernor of California's greatest role anymore?
                      Fight the rise of the machines people!
                      Attached Files
                      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I saw a trailer for T4 yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
                          It's possible. Maybe it will be for the best.

Comment

It's possible. Maybe it will be for the best.
                            You know, somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it - Will Smith, I,Robot:))
                            When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X