Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Angel is a B-52 from the book "Red Alert", which is the inspiration for Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb". The name of the B-52 in Dr. Strangelove is the "Leper Colony":

Attached Files
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Edit: Double Tap
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        Alabama Angel is a B-52 from the book "Red Alert", which is the inspiration for Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb". The name of the B-52 in Dr. Strangelove is the "Leper Colony":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35224[/ATTACH]
        That will work.....of course, I was expecting more on the lines of

...................yours
        Attached Files

Comment

• Best scene in the movie? COL Bat Guano and the Coca Cola machine.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Kennan Wynn and Peter Sellers, loved that scene
            Last edited by Battleship IOWA; 23 Jan 14,, 03:48.
            Craig Johnson

Comment

• Not a lot of people know but Kennan was the son of Ed Wynn from TV and movies like "Mary Poppins".

Attached Files
              Craig Johnson

Comment

• This man collided with one of his foes; they ended up shaking hands.

What else is notable about this man?

Comment

This man collided with one of his foes; they ended up shaking hands.

What else is notable about this man?
                  Oswald Boelke?
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Nope.

Second hint: He attended four flying schools before being commissioned as a Second Lieutenant and earning his wings.

Comment

Nope.

Second hint: He attended four flying schools before being commissioned as a Second Lieutenant and earning his wings.
                      Is he IAF? If so, I give up

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Nope, not IAF. WWII.

Only scored 1.5 kills against the Germans, but he eventually became a triple ace

Comment

• I have found the guy, will leave it to the others. Enough leads out there.

Will only add he was an American. Actually first US pilot in one category ;)

Comment

• Well, that's the part that I'm hoping people will discover. If I just tell them what he achieved, it would be too easy ;)

Comment

• Major James "Jabby" Jabara
                              was the first American jet ace.
                              Craig Johnson

Comment

• Correct. You're up

Comment

Working...
                                X