Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is longer a Boeing 707 or a Boeing 727?

Comment

If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

• 707 128' (39m)

747 152'11'' (46.6m)

747-400 152'11'' (70.66m)

Comment

• Originally posted by wabpilot View Post
          Which is longer a Boeing 707 or a Boeing 727?
          707 128' (39m)

747 152'11'' (46.6m)

and of course they should all have the exact same fuselage cross-section, along with the 737 and 757.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
            707 128' (39m)

747 152'11'' (46.6m)

I think your number equivilants need s tad bit of review and editing.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

• Back to this astronaut thing, Jim Lovell was the first one to circumnavigate the Moon twice. Unfortunately the second one was supposed to be a landing but something blew up in one of the modules.

I have to mention Jim as he went to the same High School I did back in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. When I entered the school as a 7th grader I think he was a Senior at the time.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                I think your number equivilants need s tad bit of review and editing.
                RustyB' I have to agree, but they are from the Aviation Flight Manual which is rather worrying

Comment

• 707-020: 136 ft 2 in
                  707-120B: 144 ft 6 in
                  707-320B: 152 ft 11 in

727-100: 133 ft 2 in
                  727-200: 153 ft 2 in
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Bump.

Has the question been answered Wabpilot?

Comment

• 24-hr rule. I think my answer was closest to being correct, so I'll ask the next question.

What country scored to first air-to-air kill with an AIM-9 Sidewinder?

Comment

• Republic of China against the Peoples Republic of China

Comment

• Originally posted by GAU-8 View Post
                          Bump.

Has the question been answered Wabpilot?
                          Iron Duke got it right. Most people think the 07 was longer than the 27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                            Republic of China against the Peoples Republic of China
                            I think I could agree with that answer, not because I've read an awful lot about these aerial clashes of around 1956/1957, but because Ive heard so much about that famous incident, when a RoC Sabre fired an AIM-9B at a MiG-15, only for the missile to lodge in the tail of the MiG, having failed to explode. The MiG pilot returned safely to his airfield with the Sidewinder still relatively intact, the missile was recovered and sent to the USSR, where it was copied (reverse-engineered) and put into production as the R-13 (AA-2ATOLL).

Now the question I would like to know is: did a similar thing happen to an F-105 over Vietnam, where it brought back an unexploded AA-2 ATOLL punched straight through its tail? I'm sure I saw a picture of this F-105 just after it returned from this sortie with the missile still sticking out from its tail??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                              Republic of China against the Peoples Republic of China
                              Correct, your question.

Comment

• Name the only German pilot pow who escaped from canada to germany during the second world war.

Comment

Working...
                                X