This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indian army vs american army

this is one another stupid thread started by as usual.but lets imagin a war between indian ground forces and american ground forces.no air and naval support to both armies.lets imagin americans r using pakistani land but no support or help from *****.its only a war between ground forces of both these millitery gaints using tanks artillary everything they have.now lets start.i will say in millitery terms india though inferior but will defeat americans.

Hey, I'll agree with you.

Nothing much to discuss, I guess.

Dead thread.

Comment

LOL, this is a realistic scenario...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
        Hey, I'll agree with you.

Nothing much to discuss, I guess.

Dead thread.
        You were just agreeing with him for the sake of it?

Active Duty Uniformed Troop Strength
        Rank Country Troops
        1 China 2,250,000
        2 USA 1,625,852
        3 India 1,325,00

I don't think India will win.

Comment

With the US's technology in weapons, explosives, tanks, and training (which is sadly declining a bit), India has no chance IMSUO.

Comment

Should we all ignore the fact that probably 80+% of all Combat Arms troops in the US Army have extensive combat experience as well?

Seriously, this is a very silly thread...

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
              With the US's technology in weapons, explosives, tanks, and training (which is sadly declining a bit)
              Any proof that it's declining?

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                Should we all ignore the fact that probably 80+% of all Combat Arms troops in the US Army have extensive combat experience as well?

So does the IA and they undergo division and Corps size exercises every year and second year respectively. These usually last for a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster
                  So does the IA
                  WHERE/WHEN?

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                    WHERE/WHEN?
                    Read the ****ing news or go to BR.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster
                      Read the ****ing news or go to BR.
                      Burden of proof is on you to back your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88
                        You were just agreeing with him for the sake of it?

Active Duty Uniformed Troop Strength
                        Rank Country Troops
                        1 China 2,250,000
                        2 USA 1,625,852
                        3 India 1,325,00

I don't think India will win.
                        India has One million Active duty uniformed troops.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

All the Indian army units have been involved in anti-insurgency operations in Kashmir and North-east for the past 10 - 12 years. and they have seen combat in Srilanka in late 1980's. They recently fought the Kargil war in 1999.
                          Actually its silly comparing both the Armies. The US army very is modern and has a big technological advantage over the Indian army. and the Indian army has been modernizing its forces but still a long way to go.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

The Indian Army has extensive experience in Anti-Terrorism Ops in different sectors like Kashmir (Mountainous + Plains + Urban) 15 yrs, Assam (Wet hilly area)30 yrs, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland etc (Jungle Hilly warfare) 50 yrs.

and ofcourse... Siachen Glacier.. worlds highest altititude battle front with the most severe weather conditions (15 yrs)

then there are the numerous wars...Sri Lanka, Kargil etc

the High Altitude Warfare School at Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir; and the Counter-Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School at Vairengte, Mizoram are World renouned... the Americans, Brits, French all want to train there to IA tactics and go through the intense training.

"U.S., Indian Army Exercises Begin In Mizoram

U.S. and Indian Soldiers began joint training exercises in Mizoram this week. Named Operation "Yudh Abyas 04-1," the exercises are being held at a jungle warfare center.

The exercises represent an excellent opportunity for U.S. Army Pacific and Indian Soldiers to share experiences and practice on issues related to tactics, techniques and procedures at the small unit level. "Yudh Abyas" will strengthen and broaden the bonds between the U.S. and Indian Armies that have been developed in a series of exercises recently
                            "

http://www.usarpac.army.mil/news/rel...nt-mizoram.asp

Also the IA conduts regular large scale war games and training excercises every year... this year they conducted Op Vajra Shakti

Indian Army Monday began a seven-day land and air exercises, the biggest since Operation Poorna Vijay in 2001, to carry out fast battle maneuvers in the nuclear backdrop, reports Press Trust of India.

The exercises, in which an infantry division and an independent armoured brigade are participating with air element, began in Nakodar near Jalandhar and was to test fire and move capability of the elite strike corp against a nuclear environment backdrop, army officers said.

The exercise code-named Operation 'Vajra Shakti' is to give shape to the recently formulated new army doctrine, which lays emphasis on rapid strike by brigade group level formalities.

"The exercise is also aimed at testing the armoured, artillery as well as infantry formations against electronic and chemical warfare," officials informed PTI.

The exercise, of which intimation has been given to Pakistan as part of new confidence-building measures enforced by the two countries, is bigger in scale than Operation Poorna Vijay, but at much lower strength than the Operation Brasstacks conducted in the Thar desert in Rajasthan in 1987, which involved both country's armoured divisions and the strike corp formations

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/li...503-irna01.htm

In a war scenario, with American troops invading from Pakistan, the Indian Army will definitely prevail.

However, America has much more experience deploying troops in different theatres around the world, and is much more efficient with logistical support etc
                            and maybe if the two armies met on neutral ground away from home, the US army would have the upper hand due to their sheer experience and expertise in that area.
                            Last edited by Aryaramnaes; 29 May 05,, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                              Any proof that it's declining?
                              The Armed forces are more and more desperate to recruit troops, so they now have to resort to loosening the restrictions, and making the training easier.
                              13 push-ups, 17 sit-ups, and the mile run in 8:30 or less?
                              I could do all that in fifth grade.
                              My fitness test results now (end of Freshman year of high-school):
                              Sit-ups: 70
                              Pull-ups: 15 (I could have done more, but I started to laugh at 14)
                              Shuttle-run: 8.9
                              Mile run: 6:22
                              And I'm 5'5".

Comment

Working...
                              X