Special Forces and the Future of Warfare:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    The US Military SpecOps community is 50k strong.

PS: I hate cell phones.
    Even when I don't have one, I hate them in most cases.
    I hate the ones that confuse the hell out of you; where you have to press a billion buttons just to friggin' call your friend.
    I like cell phones when they still had two-line pisplays. Then all you had to do is dial the number, and it was so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
      Even when I don't have one, I hate them in most cases.
      I hate the ones that confuse the hell out of you; where you have to press a billion buttons just to friggin' call your friend.
      I like cell phones when they still had two-line pisplays. Then all you had to do is dial the number, and it was so simple.
      I thought you were supposed to be the smartest in your class. What happened? ;)
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I am the smartest in my class, but there's so many features on cell phones nowadays...
        Sometimes I like a challenge that takes logic and thinking to figure-out, not by pressing a million different buttons just to change your ringtone.

Thinking=good
        Trial and error/pressing buttons=bad

I'm so spoiled with Mac computers; so logically designed and organized.

Comment

Special forces are special and the worlds elite special forces such as the UK's SAS do not exist in huge numbers (less than 1000) because if they tried to recruit 20,000 SAS they would need to considerably drop the standard of ability required. Special forces such as the SAS often work covertly, many are bi or multi lingual, are given a task and plan their own mission, are very much left to their own devices and work in a very unorthadox culture such as no rank. This would not make the basis of a good large land force.
          Well it depends on the role of the SF force and how much a nation needs them. And of course how much money there is to train new members.

--------
          Of course I am doubting we can use the "Afghan model" for covert wars we don't want to overtly take part in...
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
          X