Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US to allow women into combat arms roles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post

The ideal weight carried by our men on patrols is about 40 pounds/ 20 kgs and that also depends on the length of the patrol. Carrying too much load will slow one down.
    Pffffffffffft wimps , paras in the f/lands carried 80 ilbs ,never slowed them down , magnificent night yomps ,even us glorious Tankies on foot carried 50 , wimps yas are , wimpsssssss , :slap:

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
      I stay around 175-180 pounds which gives me a BMI of 23. My waist to height ratio is 0.45 which is considered optimal.

If I drop down below this I look skinny and anorexic imo. At this weight I have curves and a nice bumper.
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

A man can carry that much load, but he will not be an effective fighting force. Most inf/ SF patrols are of 3 day duration and you dont need that much to take your load beyond 40 pounds, unless you are carrying special equipment.

Yup I saw it too.
        Captain, this 40 pounds would be extra would it not? Or not include the weight of body armor many of our troops wear.

Thanks
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
          Pffffffffffft wimps , paras in the f/lands carried 80 ilbs ,never slowed them down , magnificent night yomps ,even us glorious Tankies on foot carried 50 , wimps yas are , wimpsssssss , :slap:
          Dont complain if you had to carry all your tea rations ...the Para's had no option. It was a good old hot war, and not some extended insurgency.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            Captain, this 40 pounds would be extra would it not? Or not include the weight of body armor many of our troops wear.

Thanks
            This 40 pounds is excluding body armour, that would be separate.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Dont complain if you had to carry all your tea rations ...the Para's had no option. It was a good old hot war, and not some extended insurgency.

Teaaaaaaaaaaaaa teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :slap:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X