• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...something to keep all the weight rightly distributed....."

Yup, its all about that.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Okay...its because of the arraying of the torsion bars for the suspension system. To spacing of the torsion bars cause a slightly longer run along the left side of the vehicle causing a slightly longer track needed to ensure proper suspension.
      Mark Twain

Comment

• In the US Army, what was a rubber bitch?
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          In the US Army, what was a rubber bitch?
          The pet name for the blow-up doll Mike Sparks keeps in his "Gavin"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            The pet name for the blow-up doll Mike Sparks keeps in his "Gavin"
            I thought it was called a "Super Gavin"?
            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• AR

We can't be that old. Can we?

Comment

AR

You only need to look on your driver's license gunny.

Maybe it's time to get bifocals. :scared:
                Last edited by citanon; 23 Sep 14,, 06:31.

Comment

AR

Aye, 'tis sad.....

Gunny know what I was referring to.

The rubber bitch was the inflatable air mattress issued to US troops into the 1980s. It was a POS. The best use of it I used to see was when troops took it to the beach at Tybee Island.

Most experienced troops bought their own roll up foam mattress pad and used those. They became standard issue by around 1985-86.

Your up Gunny.

PS: We need an Old Fart emoticon....
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• Ok, keeping with the Old Fart theme,

What was a "John Wayne" used for?

Comment

• Well, in a C Ration you ate them....either as the candy (chocolate and toffee bar) or spread them with the peanut butter or "cheese" as the cracker.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• It does have to do with a C-rat. but thats not the answer.

Think this is the difference between Marine and Army slang.

Could be confused with a plane.
                        Last edited by Gun Grape; 24 Sep 14,, 23:27.

Comment

It does have to do with a C-rat. but thats not the answer.

Think this is the difference between Marine and Army slang.

Could be confused with a plane.

Attached Files
                          Mark Twain

Comment

• That would be the one. The P-38 can opener. AKA a John Wayne.

From what I have been told, its still being manufactured today

The treat you mentioned was called a Gorilla Cookie in the Corps.

On C-Rat memory, nothing beat having a can of peaches and a can of pound cake. Fruit cocktail came close though.

Comment

• On C-Rat memory, nothing beat having a can of peaches and a can of pound cake. Fruit cocktail came close though.

Since I despise peaches it ws not one I liked. But I could ALWAYS get good in trade.

I actually liked the Ham & Eggs as well as the Beef & Spice sauce. Either one with the cheese melted was awesome.

I also liked the Chocolate Nutroll...aka the Chocolate Butt Plug.

MREs were a HUGE downgrade to me.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Spaghetti and meatballs, a can of peaches and a La Victoria jalopena if the mess section was anywhere to be found. That and a LOT of coffee was about all I required. Beef in Spice wasn't bad. Ham & Eggs?

Stayed faaaar away from that sh!t.
                                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                                X