Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This early German "heavy" tank pre-dated the Tiger and the Panther by two years, but was never put into production; only five examples were ever constructed, with three being sent to Norway during Germany's 1940 invasion of that country.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Would you be talking about the multi-turreted Neubaufahrzeug?

Yes I had to look up how to spell it
      Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, that is correct. A German early-War experiment at a heavy tank that failed miserably; kind of like an M3 Lee on steroids.

Needless to say, the Germans theerafter concentrated on more "practical" designs, and pursued the Panzerkampfwagen series of tanks.

All yours, GG!
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• What is this?

Attached Files
          Last edited by Gun Grape; 12 Feb 14,, 12:29.

Comment

• T-31 Demolition Tank

shushpanzer_ru: T31 Demolition Tank
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Correct Ben. Your question

Comment

• Open question
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• What is the name of this piece? Named for the tactic that employs it.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Gun Grape; 24 Feb 14,, 05:37.

Comment

• Looks like a Quaker gun from Port Hudson.

Quaker guns were logs placed in gun embrasures of fortifications which were intended to fool observers on the true power of a defensive. They were called Quaker guns as Quakers were pacifists.

Here is a wag showing how to fire one off at Manassas Junction in 1862...

Attached Files
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• the Civil War guru nailed it. Even got where it was located.

It was first used by Col William Washington in the Revolutionary War

During the American War of Independence, after nearly a year of brutal backcountry conflict between American Colonel William Washington and the fierce British commander Lieutenant Colonel Banastre Tarleton, Colonel Washington had retreated to North Carolina in October 1780.

Ordered to leave a regular force of colonial dragoons in the North Carolina theater by Brigadier General Daniel Morgan, Colonel Washington still lacked the proper artillery to dislodge the Loyalists. On December 4, the Americans, were able to trap the Loyalist Colonel Rowland Rugeley and his company of 125 or so men in Rugeley’s house and barn near Camden, South Carolina. He told his cavalrymen to dismount and surround the barn. While out of Rugeley’s sight, Washington’s men fabricated a pine log to resemble a cannon.

In this case, the "Quaker Gun Trick" worked quite effectively. Colonel Washington faced the fake cannon toward the buildings in which the Loyalists had barricaded themselves and threatened bombardment if they did not surrender. Shortly afterwards, Rugeley surrendered his entire force without a single shot being fired.

Your question AR.

Comment

• First saw the photo at Grand Gulf museum years ago!

New Question:

What does back out 2 clicks mean?
                        Last edited by Albany Rifles; 25 Feb 14,, 17:33.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Part of the setup and loading process of a .50 cal, you screw the barrel in, unscrew it back out again till you hear 2 clicks, and then do some other stuff with the "Go, No Go" I think it was called.

Comment

• About 40% correct...
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Well, I don't have much experience with the .50 cal. Only officers were supplied "Go, No Go"s. During advanced training, though, my tank had a .50 cal put on it, so I had to learn how to aim and shoot it using the FCS. Because I liked learning new stuff, I also liked watching/helping the Lt when he loaded the .50 cal.

I don't really remember much of it, though, it's been quite a while since my advanced training.

Comment

• You are bouncing around it.

Let's figure out what others have to say.
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X