No announcement yet.

XM-8 Pictures and Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afterall that is kind of the point of infantry, to close in with and destroy the enemy, that is;)

Comment

The M-14 SOPMOD looks so much better than this stupid toy

Comment

The XM-8 looks like a toy gun to me and XM-29 even more. TheXM-29 is not only horrible looking its damned heavy too for a rifle that is supposed to be fired from shoulder, somewhere I heard it weights almost 7kg fully loaded, that's like unloaded machinegun. With that kind of weight there should be very little recoil from 5.56mm ammunition.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          LOL, dude, there were bayonet charges in the Gulf War.

You really need to read more.
          really? id like to here about that. then again, if you actuall managed to melee a guy in modern combat, you would have my respect for life.
          "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Another good article and description of the XM-8...

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/...h_XM8,,00.html

Regarding close-quarters battle, a central American contingent, poorly armed, were attacked by insurgents with AK-47s and RPGs. One of them was surrounded and attacked by 15 insurgents. One of his friends, angry, whipped out his switchblade knife, charged-in alone, attacked, and drove off the 15 attackers, saving his friend.
            The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Griftadan, there was a British army bayonet charge during the tail end of major combat ops during Operation Iraqi Freedom involving the Scottish highlanders.

During ODS1, during bunker clearing ops, there was some hand to hand fighting. During TF 2/7s legendary 'thunder run' into baghdad the fighting got to almost muzzle contact range. The Brigade commander found himself engaging the enemy with his pistol from the hatch of his Abrams. It was a very intense fight.
              Last edited by Bill; 15 Aug 04,, 03:33.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                Griftadan, there was a British army bayonet charge during the tail end of major combat ops during Operation Iraqi Freedom involving the Scottish highlanders.

During ODS1, during bunker clearing ops, there was some hand to hand fighting. During TF 1-15s legendary 'thunder run' into baghdad the fighting got to almost muzzle contact range. The Brigade commander found himself engaging the enemy with his pistol from the hatch of his Abrams. It was a very intense fight.
                give it to the scots to give a bayonet charge. gotta love em..

Comment

does anyone know for sure if the xm8 can be modified to fire 6.8 or 7.62 mm rounds? i definately think that we should upgrade to the 6.8 mm, or atleast the 6.5.

Comment

I don't think anyone has tried have they?

Comment

Originally posted by griftadan
                      does anyone know for sure if the xm8 can be modified to fire 6.8 or 7.62 mm rounds? i definitely think that we should upgrade to the 6.8 mm, or at-least the 6.5.
                      well that is supposed to be a design feature thats what i read any way the 7.62 and 6.8m conversions are likely on the drawing board the XM8 started life as the KE module of the XM29. the beauty of this system is its modular adaptability it can be changed from a PDW sized carbine to a mid length carbine to a full length sharp shooter to a Squad Automatic with the addition of the XM320 (basically the AG36GL) and the XM26 Lss and man this thing will rock

Comment

Working...
                      X