Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1A2 vs Challenger 2 (intelligent debate)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
    Ratch Catch Catcher Ratch Catch Cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not quite C/A but very close

Rack catch plunger release catch cam , but ya can have a manakin ceegar ;)

jeez i had to edit this , gawd me vodka,ed head :))
    Last edited by tankie; 15 Oct 09,, 05:47.

Comment

• Damn, I was close, been a while and not even a CVR(T) Gunner. Mmmmmm Celina.

Comment

Damn, I was close, been a while and not even a CVR(T) Gunner. Mmmmmm Celina.
        Do you remember the 'screw retaining intermediate firing needle withdrawal lever' on the Cent breech block:))

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Do you remember the 'screw retaining intermediate firing needle withdrawal lever' on the Cent breech block:))
          Only ever drove a Cent Target Tank.

Comment

Hey Albany, never admit your partnership Unit were the 9/12 Lancers Damn Cavalry. But I must admit the CVR(T) is a swift little Machine, great fun to play with. By the way they have been upgraded an up-powered engine, gearbox and final drives, the engine is now a Cummins 5.8 Litre Diesel, replacing the 4.2 Litre Jaguar Engine (Petrol), still go in excess of 60 mph. They are also thing of upgrading the gun to 40mm, in line with Warrior. It can carry 165 rounds of ammunition (Main), in clips of three.
            Should have tried the CVR (W) Fox. Now they were fast, very top heavy, dangerous, if you had a poor or new driver, but very fast. If I remember rightly one of our guys had a speeding ticket for about 90 mph and there were supposed to be one in one of the mess at Catterick garrison for 112 mph. But they got governed back to around 50 mph but most went about 60 to 70 mph.
            As for rearming the CVR (T) and Warrior to 40 mm, I think this have been cancelled due to not been necessary (it costs to much)

Comment

• Only experience I've had with Centurion's is in their Sho't Kal configuration, shooting at them on the range. Plus I've ridden around in a couple Nagmachons and Pumas.

Cramped, cranky, noisy, smelly and mean. But I've been spoiled...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Wildboar

Originally posted by Wildboar455 View Post
                As for rearming the CVR (T) and Warrior to 40 mm, I think this have been cancelled due to not been necessary (it costs to much)
                Not sure where you got that from. AFAIK the 40mm is the selected weapon for warrior and FRES Recce vehicle. Now whether the FRES Recce will be an upgraded CVR(T), well that Im not sure about. See below link from late last year which contains the statement:

"The BAE Systems turret design is also optimised for the all-new weapon system (CT40) mandated by the UK MoD for Warrior and FRES SV"

Here is link to BAE Press release:

£1Bn Upgrade Bid Promises More Punch For British Army Warriors - BAE Systems

Regards

Arty
                Last edited by ArtyEngineer; 17 Feb 10,, 22:02. Reason: Typos
                "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

• I left the TA about two years ago after fifteen years in the regulars and before I left we were told that it was not going to happen on cost grounds. But since then I have not really been following the upgrades of equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildboar455 View Post
                    I left the TA about two years ago after fifteen years in the regulars and before I left we were told that it was not going to happen on cost grounds. But since then I have not really been following the upgrades of equipment.
                    I think you are right and the upgrade will be defared for a few years yet. 2013? My breath is bated;)

LEICESTER, United Kingdom. – British Army Warrior infantry fighting vehicles are set for a major boost in combat effectiveness by 2013 if a BAE Systems bid to upgrade the fleet is successful.

£1Bn Upgrade Bid Promises More Punch For British Army Warriors - BAE Systems

Comment

• Are there any pictures of the water heater for making tea in the Challenger 2 tank? Is it something fancy or just a metal container heated by ... heating element? engine exhaust? muffler?

Do older British tanks have this feature?
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Are there any pictures of the water heater for making tea in the Challenger 2 tank? Is it something fancy or just a metal container heated by ... heating element? engine exhaust? muffler?

Do older British tanks have this feature?
                        Its just a 'box' type kettle that was plugged in to the electrics in the turret. We had them on the Chieftain as well as the Challenger.

Comment

Its just a 'box' type kettle that was plugged in to the electrics in the turret. We had them on the Chieftain as well as the Challenger.
                          That's cool. Sometimes hot water is good for the morale. Pack a case of instant noodles and you're good to go on a cold winter night. :)
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Teh importanct of Tea!!!

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            That's cool. Sometimes hot water is good for the morale. Pack a case of instant noodles and you're good to go on a cold winter night. :)
                            I heard that when AS90 was originally fielded the first retrofit required in the field was teh addition of a boiling vessel!!!!

Hot water is one of the most important things to folks in the field!!!

Regards

Arty
                            "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Dont forget the Cent , Dave, a pot with an element plugged in , also had the B/V on scimitars and scorps , essential piece of kit along with the orange handbag ;)

Comment

• tankie

Meant to say earlier that your Avatar is fantastic. Oddball fecking legend!!!! So many great quotes from that movie!!!!

Regards

Arty

Comment

Working...
                                X