• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued.

Attached Files
    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

The new attachment tool is quite sophiscated and got me confused... I've got 20 pics but somehow I uploaded 21 of them hmmm...

Attached Files
      夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Last one.

Attached Files
        夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Why would the Nazis wanna beat up on poor helpless buxom beauties? Honestly, that's just plain wrong! Now I know why we went to war with them
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Snow, there is a huge different between pulp fiction and my beloved propaganda.

Social Realism developed as a reaction against idealism and the exaggerated ego encouraged by Romanticism. Consequences of the Industrial Revolution became apparent; urban centers grew, slums proliferated on a new scale contrasting with the display of wealth of the upper classes. With a new sense of social consciousness, the Social Realists pledged to “fight the beautiful art”, any style which appealed to the eye or emotions. They focused on the ugly realities of contemporary life and sympathized with working-class people, particularly the poor. They recorded what they saw (“as it existed”) in a dispassionate manner. The public was outraged by Social Realism, in part, because they didn't know how to look at it or what to do with it (George Shi, University of Fine Arts, Valencia)[6]
            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Social Realism must be part of modernity then. Cheers.
              夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                If you could find large versions of each of those I would be in your debt.
                Pari, A quick search yielded me slightly bigger versions like this & this

Try Tineye reverse image search for image searching. It is quite good. Needless to say, do post here if you find anything interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by tinymarae View Post
                  Pari, A quick search yielded me slightly bigger versions like this & this

Try Tineye reverse image search for image searching. It is quite good. Needless to say, do post here if you find anything interesting.
                  Wow, what a great site Tineye is, thank you so much :) (I hate that the standard smiley face is gone, going to have to do something about that)
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
                    I don't, sorry.
                    Sorry, I missed this. No problems, I'm obliged to you for posting them in the first place.

Leibniz

Comment

• I never realised being a nazi could be so much fun or I would have joined years ago...

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by snowhole View Post
                        Social Realism must be part of modernity then. Cheers.
                        the very core.
                        “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

• BTW, go watch "mad men" it is the best example of anti-Social Realism TV ever made. its creative team knows the meaning of propaganda ehhhh, I mean advertising.
                          Last edited by xinhui; 30 Aug 10,, 14:59.

Comment

• I personally prefer Rubicon, which airs right before on AMC.

Comment

• The Forgotten Man

The guy that did One Nation under God is at it again.

The link will take you to the interactive picture that explains the different elements of the picture
                              McNaughton Fine Art

Attached Files

Comment

• "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                                X