Iranian Airlines Denied Refuelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Then again maybe Russia will furnish them with aircraft.
    Iran Air has some 35 Tu-204 on order, to be delivered starting next year. Will replace their entire fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircraft pretty much. The order is still active and good.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Hell I'd be in for that. Timing should be right to not have the kids on my hands as well. Personally I fancy some skiing, some of that fishing you were talking of, followed by some land-yacht racing over that salt desert you've got in the north-east.
      Any time Pari, any time.
      We have a Persian proverb which no one knows when it was started that it says "A guest is a gift from God".

Comment

Ok, no dynamite, how about a car battery and two wires in the water?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          Ok, no dynamite, how about a car battery and two wires in the water?
          Commander!
          No doubt your sense of humor is being appreciated among subordinates, but I'm sure ur aware that you can be prosecuted for advocating torture.

That 12 Volt battery and a pair of jumper cables revive a bad memory.

Comment

Aryajet Reply

Aryajet,

"We used to call it north pole, 6 month winter time and COLD!!"

Uh huh. I'm from Wisconsin. Let me tell you about real cold someday. -25/-30F isn't unusual at 0530hrs in January. Colonel and a few others are Canadian. They've got their stories too.

No doubt the northern mountains are cold. Well aware that there's skiing north of Tehran. Plenty of conversations with a former Turkish infantry officer, Ucar, about the snow in that area during winter.

All that said is beside my point. Just a small matter of you dissembling Iran into some lush garden spot from one end to the other.

Making things rain-foresty green in the desert is easy. Add water. Ain't none to speak of south of Tehran. West towards Iraq is iffy too. Go far enough northwest and maybe it changes but nobody has discribed the area from Kirkuk south to Basra as some garden-spot. I'm guessing things don't immediately change by stepping over the border. East to Afghanistan is just...ugly looking. Hot, hot, hot with lots of brown bumps...

I ain't got nothin' really goin' on, though, soooo, um...count me in for Rock The Casbah Grand Tour v.1. Who's bringing the beer?
            Last edited by S2; 11 Jul 10,, 06:19.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

If they'd ever let me in, I'd be completely game and up for the trip, it's been a while since I've been anywhere interesting...

I could probably fly to Jordan and get a flight through there, Lord knows there are no direct flights from Tel Aviv to Tehran...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

S-2,
                Almost the same in my hometown, -35 deg C (which about 32 deg F) was normal, the difference is field elevation which is 5400 ft and geographically is located in a narrow corridor between Zagrous and Alborz mountain with constant wind blowing from west adding to chill factor.

And if that trip takes place I promise I'll bring enough beer to fill up a Olympic size swimming pool.;)

Comment

Jad_333,

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                  Sign me up for the tour. But I am not so confident as you that the present regime will not stand much longer. Of course it depends on what you mean by "not much longer." How about expanding on that? And how will the fall come about?
                  Because there is no political sanity left any more. There was not much before but what ever was is vanished.

Entire regime is fragmented with each faction pointing fingers at the others.

Economy is in shamble and on top of that subsidies will be lifted this fall and consequences will be sky rocketing food, energy and other services. How does 5 USD a gallon of petrol sound?

High ranking clerics in Qum have already stopped supporting the regime and many of them constantly chastise the regime on daily basis. religious seminaries are where the legitimacy (supposedly) of this regime comes from.

Not on a nation wide level but strikes are happening all over the country which security forces have to contend with them. Those forces are tired, demoralized and the will to fight their own blood and bone is not there any more.

I still think IRGC will take over, they have too much at stake and present political and economical situation is a grave detrement to their commerce. Almost 1/3 of total GDP is handled by IRGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
                    Commander!
                    I'm a bellycrawler, not boat people. And not to be confused with the bird brains.

No doubt your sense of humor is being appreciated among subordinates, but I'm sure ur aware that you can be prosecuted for advocating torture.
                    Contrary to popular belief, PETA did not write the Geneva Conventions. Besides, how do you torture fish?

That 12 Volt battery and a pair of jumper cables revive a bad memory.
                    I do not recall the GC covers self-inflicted torture, otherwise, we would have legal protection against our wives.

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                    Colonel and a few others are Canadian. They've got their stories too.
                    It's the wind chill that gets to you. Exposed skin warnings are the worst. When the wind hits you, it just chills you to the bone no matter how many layers you have on.

Comment

Colonel,

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      I'm a bellycrawler, not boat people. And not to be confused with the bird brains.
                      I meant as C.O, I know you are an Engineer.

I was a hybrid, a bird brain working for belly crawlers.

Comment

And if that trip takes place I promise I'll bring enough beer to fill up a Olympic size swimming pool.;)
                        OK, I'm back in!;)

Comment

Snipe,

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                          OK, I'm back in!;)
                          You, Highsea and I ned to figure out how to ship the bikes over there. Imagine carving these canyons in staggered formation. 120 miles of switchbacks, hairpins and tight sweepers, it will take you from Tehran right to the shores of Caspian see.;)

Comment

Wow! Doesn't look like any pictures of Iran I've ever seen. OK, to be fair, I would apply the same rules as any place I ride.

1. Must allow conceal carry.
                            2. No helmet laws.
                            (Any chance of that?)

I know missouri has a helmet law and i have been fighting it for years. That is the main reason I ride straight to Kansas, Oklahoma or Arkansas when "just getting away".

But yeah, that road looks like a good ride!:)

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                              Wow! Doesn't look like any pictures of Iran I've ever seen. OK, to be fair, I would apply the same rules as any place I ride.

1. Must allow conceal carry.
                              2. No helmet laws.
                              (Any chance of that?)

I know missouri has a helmet law and i have been fighting it for years. That is the main reason I ride straight to Kansas, Oklahoma or Arkansas when "just getting away".

But yeah, that road looks like a good ride!:)
                              Snipe Sir,
                              Unfortunately it is illegal in Iran to ride any motorbike in public roads with engine displacement higher than 250 CC.

Right after the dawn of revolution 1000 and 1200 cc were being used as get away vehicles after assassination of IRI officials. Quick reaction was to ban high powered high speed bikes, that was early 1980 and the ban still stands.

Comment

Too bad we are the last country with this much freedom left. A limit on engine size for MCs to burying women up to thier necks and smashing thier head with stones. Place is nuts!

Sounds like they need another revolution.

Man I love this country!! If you can build it, you can ride it!

502 cubic inches(that's 8000 CCs btw) of totally ridiculous bike! Bet that would piss 'em off!

Comment

Working...
                                X