Israel works on Iran N-strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astralis,

While a discussion of biological warfare isn't the main focus of the thread, I still think an outbreak of smallpox would be devastating. I am not an expert, but I have read about its effects throughout history. In the book Guns, Germs, and Steel, Jared Diamond revealed that smallpox was one of the deciding factors in the Spanish conquest of the Americas. Perhaps a modern outbreak could have comparable effects.

That being said, I do recognize that Huntington's theory has errors. However, I maintain that the conflict between Islam and America is fundamentally cultural, not socio-economic.

that's enough to keep terrorism alive, yes, but that is nowhere close to enough to upset the current world order of nation-states. if the terrorists want to win, they need to make their own state (if not a nation). and if they do, they just put themselves out in the open for annihilation by the vastly wealthier, vastly more united, and vastly more capable non-terrorist states.
    The ultimate reestablishment of the Caliphate requires the creation of a nation-state. If that is the condition for Islamist victory, your ideas are correct. However, it appears that terrorists are well-equipped to win their short-term victories, at great cost to America. For example, I believe the United States will pull out of Iraq because of the turmoil there. While the insugency has not caused a great deal of military damage, they have cost the United States many billions of dollars and inestimable fall from grace in the world.

Terrorists are able to execute deadly attacks for a few hundred dollars, while America must spend millions on warheads to achieve comparable damage. In asymmetrical warfare, Muslim insurgency has proven itself. If such warfare is successful in driving America from Iraq, I think Islamism can claim a legitimate and influential victory in the region.

To say that we could defeat the terrorists in pitched combat is irrelevant, although true. Jihadists do not desire pitched combat and seldom put themselves in that scenario. In summation, the terrorists do not need to put themselves in the open to achieve a majority of their goals. I think the Israeli invasion of Lebanon last summer attests to this point. Of course, that war warrants a longer discussion.

I do need to consider your criticism of Huntington at length. As of now, I have no satisfactory reply to your points. Hard thought and time shall provide it. Adieu for now.

Sincerely,

Bulgaroctonus

Comment

Troung needs to get a reality check and stop touting the Indian horn without logic.
      India could have prevented the Paks from getting the n-bomb, why didn't they? Dude I salute your sense of undying patriotism and it is good. But let it not blind you so that you actually start believing your own BS.

India is coming up and has got unparalleled quantative resources compared to Pakistan, but to us neutral observers we know that ***** are not a joke in qualitative military might. India could have had the chance that they have been wishing for during Kargil to eradicate Pakistan, but they did'nt. Simply cuz they couldn't.

The only reason you guys even got those hills back was becasue the civilian government of Sharif had to bow down to international pressure (cuz eveyrbody knows the ***** are broke-ass economically) and ask Musharraf to back down. This of course caused the infamous rift between military and the civilian govt, hence triggering the subsequent firing of Mush and the military coup that followed.

Truth be told the Indian's had a tough time dealing with the rag-tag hilly-billies holed up on that mountainous terrain. It was no victory parade.

How do I know this? Well the US knows eveyrthing!!!

As for China and Russia, both countries have never really enjoyed the marketing capabilities of the US which till today continues to reign in as the number one migratory dream for most third-world countries. Hence it has got a mighty economy that can grind the entire world's economy to a halt, should it so much as sneeze.

The thing with the US is that it realized its potential to be the no.1 superpower on the face of the earth after it tilted the balance of power in both World Wars. It knew its potential then and as a result till today works hard on keeping things right side up. In between the USSR, at some point showed itself to be a competitor but most of it turned out to be a hoax after the country got dismantled. For the first time the world realized that Russia had been all about numbers rather then quality. And i say this bearing in mind the number of MIGs that keep falling out of the sky, the tanks that dont start up and nuclear plants that rot and decay.

The US cannot be responsible for the whole world! If Russia, China and even India for that matter consider themselves to be superpowers, well why dont they step up to that challenge. They cant even defend their own interests and that is why the US continues to be the top dog in the world of international politics.

China couldnt stop Indian from acquiring nukes and India couldnt do it to Pakistan.

However trust me, the US is going to take action of Iran and that has been relayed to several neighbouring countries at classified breifings.

As far as winning or losing is concerned all im going to say is "He who dares, does!"

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor 26375 View Post
        Troung needs to get a reality check and stop touting the Indian horn without logic.
        India could have prevented the Paks from getting the n-bomb, why didn't they? Dude I salute your sense of undying patriotism and it is good. But let it not blind you so that you actually start believing your own BS.
        Troung not an Indian.

Stopped them at what cost, a war?

India is coming up and has got unparalleled quantative resources compared to Pakistan, but to us neutral observers we know that ***** are not a joke in qualitative military might. India could have had the chance that they have been wishing for during Kargil to eradicate Pakistan, but they did'nt. Simply cuz they couldn't.
        Its called being a nation which thinks with its head, instead of its balls.

The only reason you guys even got those hills back was becasue the civilian government of Sharif had to bow down to international pressure (cuz eveyrbody knows the ***** are broke-ass economically) and ask Musharraf to back down. This of course caused the infamous rift between military and the civilian govt, hence triggering the subsequent firing of Mush and the military coup that followed.

Truth be told the Indian's had a tough time dealing with the rag-tag hilly-billies holed up on that mountainous terrain. It was no victory parade.

How do I know this? Well the US knows eveyrthing!!!
        Care to go up those peaks, i know people who died up there, no hilly billies holed up there they were all trained members of a nations military.

Check the military documents, if you know everything correct them.

Yes indeed the US knows everything, well what on earth has US got to do with this?

As for China and Russia, both countries have never really enjoyed the marketing capabilities of the US which till today continues to reign in as the number one migratory dream for most third-world countries. Hence it has got a mighty economy that can grind the entire world's economy to a halt, should it so much as sneeze.

The thing with the US is that it realized its potential to be the no.1 superpower on the face of the earth after it tilted the balance of power in both World Wars. It knew its potential then and as a result till today works hard on keeping things right side up. In between the USSR, at some point showed itself to be a competitor but most of it turned out to be a hoax after the country got dismantled. For the first time the world realized that Russia had been all about numbers rather then quality. And i say this bearing in mind the number of MIGs that keep falling out of the sky, the tanks that dont start up and nuclear plants that rot and decay.

The US cannot be responsible for the whole world! If Russia, China and even India for that matter consider themselves to be superpowers, well why dont they step up to that challenge. They cant even defend their own interests and that is why the US continues to be the top dog in the world of international politics.

China couldnt stop Indian from acquiring nukes and India couldnt do it to Pakistan.

However trust me, the US is going to take action of Iran and that has been relayed to several neighbouring countries at classified breifings.

As far as winning or losing is concerned all im going to say is "He who dares, does!"
        What?
        Last edited by kuku; 27 Sep 08,, 12:24.

Comment

I think that is a pompous attitude that is ripe for dissapointment. I believe Islam is the most dangerous ideology America has faced. Nazism as Communism had more powerful nation-states than Islam has. Indeed, both seemed poised to take over the world. However, Islam has greater numerical strength, a longer historical presence (therefore legitimacy), and has a stronger base among its population than Communism or Nazism ever did.
          I'm no expert on the subject, but I think it would be incredibly shallow to blame the recent conflicts all on ideology. It is probably a very nice strategy for politicians to get broad based support, as it redefines the conflicts to something alot larger touching alot more peoples lives. <- "Clash of civilizations"

I believe that, in all conflicts, there are alot of layers and shades to be found underneath the most apparent characteristics. And politicians will always try to find the interpretation most suitable to their goals.
          Knowledge is annoying
          -K. Pilkington

Comment

Working...
          X