No announcement yet.

Serial blasts in Ahmedabad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai police has its ATS and encounter squad on the job , wait a few more days for the encounters to come in the papers

Comment

• Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
      Firstly, did it prove effective? Did Punjab become safer? Did the no. of terrorist incidents sharply deteriorate? Is it better of have a sh1t load of pamphlet wielding, chest beating people than bomb planting, mass shooting maniacs?
      There were loads of reasons which led to the routing out of Khalistani terrorists. For one, those terrorists had little public support; they were a manifestation of the Indira Gandhi government, it was only later that she declared war on her own goons. Secondly, the Pakistanis slowly drifted away from the Khalistanis; probably after realizing how well exposed it would leave them. As for the ideology, I don't see how it was curtailed by fake encounters.

Secondly,looked a bloody map of late?Notice the proximity of Gurdaspur,Ferozepur,Asr. to Pakistan? Far more possibilities for ideological support and operational incentives from across the border?Patiala,Bathinda,Sangrur are at the opposite end..
      Right, and now tell me where the majority of the security forces were deployed.

Thirdly, "every male over the age of 12 killed" is horse puckey , fake encounters, certainly , families of suspects intimidated, certainly,....wanton genocide....NO..only in propaganda crap
      Hey, guess what genious, we'll never know; because the media was first booted out and then afterwards put under a watershed. And yes that is exactly what some villages in Gurdaspur district claim. And as for the fake encounters, the reason for most of those was far different then any terrorist hunting.

Lastly,East Punjab sort of walked through the whole messyeah right, no comments on that
      It was in comparison with West Punjab; and well, rather then just rolling your eyes, make a point instead.

That is precisely what was done in Punjab. You can go on and on about inflaming feelings and providing basis for recruitment for extremists but facts go against you. When you know that law enforcement does not has its hands tied, that you can be shot off in an encounter for crimes that cannot be proved in court for the incapability of the judicial system , that your family will not live in luxury but be harassed, then extremist ideology is magically replaced by common sense.

There may be supporters for Khalistan in Punjab, but I assure you, these are either people who are set to gain personal profit (aka Mann), or sword brandishing teenagers (who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth) but the vast majority of them are NRI's , fed on propaganda, with no real idea of the ground realities.

Like it or not, you are the one fooling yourself here:)
      All nice and rosy, black and white, isn't it?

Firstly, Punjab Police at that time had a reward system going; the more terrorists you kill, the faster you get promoted. And wow did it work, terrorists started falling from the sky. Secondly, it was common to buy off the Police and Khalistanis alike. Both acted as goons on hire. Need to take back Kabza? Whats the local police station for? Now although I don't take political sides myself, I do belong to a political family, and the way the Police are used will put anyone to shame and will definetly shatter that rosey black and white picture of yours. The free hand which was given to the police made them ideal for all the dirty jobs. Ground realities? These are the ground realities of rural Punjab; but do tell me about the ground realities you talk of.
      Last edited by Tronic; 30 Jul 08,, 03:53.
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Originally posted by Tronic View Post
        There were loads of reasons which led to the routing out of Khalistani terrorists.
        Including swift retribution and fake encounters
        For one, those terrorists had little public support
        They had enough public support back then
        they were a manifestation of the Indira Gandhi government, it was only later that she declared war on her own goons.
        Agreed, that was how it all started
        Secondly, the Pakistanis slowly drifted away from the Khalistanis; probably after realizing how well exposed it would leave them.
        Multiple factors.For one they realised that there were more viable areas to invest in economically.Secondly, Pakistan realised that independent Khalistan is pretty much an impossibility, and also is not in their own best interests, their intention was and still is to offer training and safe haven for terrorists to ply their trade in Punjab.Economically, the movement started having more backing at this point through its by now well settled agents from Canada and UK than Pak, so wasn't a big concern.
        As for the ideology, I don't see how it was curtailed by fake encounters.
        Then I am surprised at your observation and intelligence, you can cry hoarse about there not being much backing by the people, but there was enough backing for it two sustain through two decades, what the encounters did was convince the gullible people recruited by the cause that while they had much more chance of winding up dead than getting Khalistan,it curtailed the ideology to the fanatics, stopped its growing acceptance in the masses.

Right, and now tell me where the majority of the security forces were deployed.
        Right and try focusing on WHY they were deployed there, you are trying to replace the effect with the cause

Hey, guess what genious, we'll never know; because the media was first booted out and then afterwards put under a watershed.
        No sh.it Sherlock, then how do you claim thats what happened?

yes that is exactly what some villages in Gurdaspur district claim. And as for the fake encounters, the reason for most of those was far different then any terrorist hunting.
        Villages claim? All villagers claim? Some villagers claim? Some villagers of villages from an area you yourself claim was more in the grip of the movement claim?

And as for the fake encounters, the reason for most of those was far different then any terrorist hunting.
        I beg to disagree.The reason for most of them was terrorist hunting (or rather hunting of terror suspects) and not vice versa.

It was in comparison with West Punjab; and well, rather then just rolling your eyes, make a point instead.
        W.Pb. was most effected, however to claim that compared to it the rest of Punjab just sort of walked through the whole mess.....well

All nice and rosy, black and white, isn't it?
        Not at all, it isn't, wasn't back then either, thats why harsh steps had to be taken

Firstly, Punjab Police at that time had a reward system going; the more terrorists you kill, the faster you get promoted. And wow did it work, terrorists started falling from the sky.
        Did it?Yes, to quite a large extent.
        Do I deny innocent people got killed? No
        Do I think Pb. Police was not guilty of excesses for personal gains? No
        Do I think they were instrumental in getting rid of terrorists. Yes

Secondly, it was common to buy off the Police and Khalistanis alike. Both acted as goons on hire. Need to take back Kabza? Whats the local police station for? Now although I don't take political sides myself, I do belong to a political family, and the way the Police are used will put anyone to shame and will definetly shatter that rosey black and white picture of yours. The free hand which was given to the police made them ideal for all the dirty jobs. Ground realities? These are the ground realities of rural Punjab; but do tell me about the ground realities you talk of.
        If you would have bothered to read through all the posts, you would have found that I have already stated that anything with questionable legality and ethics has to be used very carefully, or something to that effect.My picture is not rosy black and white at all.There are vast shades of gray in between.Rosy black and white would be to expect the cops to have acted like perfect law enforcing angels, like you do.I don't attempt to justify all actions of the police, but hell, I would choose them any day over those of Khalistanis.They may have used brutal repression, many a times for their personal gain, but they did make sacrifices to curb terrorism, as did all people.The fact remains, encounters played their part in it, a major part, a part that could not have been played by the hapless people or dirty politicos.So please mate, get yourself rid of the illusion that you are the only one who knows about the ground realities of rural Punjab.
        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• Ahmedabad blasts case solved, claim cops

Cracking the Ahmedabad serial bomb blasts that killed 55 persons, Gujarat police on Saturday arrested its mastermind Mufti Abu Bashir and nine others and said that the network of SIMI was behind the explosions.

"We believe that the network of SIMI was behind the blasts. Indian Mujahideen [Images], which claimed the responsibility of the blasts, is connected to SIMI," Gujarat DGP P C Pande told media persons in Ahmedabad on Saturday

Bashir was arrested in Lucknow on Saturday, he said, adding that he will be brought to Ahmedabad in a day or two and interrogated for more information.

Pande said there are indications that he might be linked with Hyderabad, Jaipur and Banglore blasts as well.

"Today is the big day for Gujarat police, which has been able to crack the Ahmedabad blasts case," said Pande.

Most of the nine people arrested in the blasts case are active workers of the banned organisation SIMI.

The arrests of Bashir and nine suspects were done with the help of Central Intelligence agencies and police of other states, Pande said.

"The planning of the blasts was done in Ahmedabad by the SIMI," Joint Commissioner of Police of city crime branch Ashish Bhatia, who is heading the inquiry of the blasts, said.

A meeting was held at the house of Yunus Mansuri in Bapunagar area of the city to plan the blasts, Bhatia said.

They had purchased five pre-paid mobile cards for internal communications and they were traced after checking the records.

It was found that the calls which were coming to these five cards had stopped after July 26, the day of the blasts.

Bhatia also said police have indentified the shops from where the cycles used in the blasts were purchased. Explosives for the blasts came from Madhya Pradesh , Bhatia said.

"Those arrested were present during a training camp organised by SIMI in Halol in Vadodara distrct in January 2008. They were given training on how to survive in adverse conditions and were trained how to tackle police interrogation," Bhatia said.

"They were also taught how to drive motorcycle and fake an accident during the camp," Bhatia said.
          Link

Comment

• Good for them!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Congratulations to the Indian police. Well done.:)
              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• kudos to all policemen involved in the effort

Comment

• Not only does this further re-enforce the fact SIMI is just a cover for terrorist organisations, it also goes on to show what can be achieved if of the Central Intelligence agencies and state law enforcement are able to work together successfully in tandem, I wish the same can be done in routine investigations and tip-offs.
                  When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X