No announcement yet.

NATO is now trying to kill Mommar Ghadhafi, has killed Saif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the fact that he resorted to listing his "credentials" as a college student and thinking that gives him the right to lecture us about geo-politics, when we have an abundance of people that have actually been there and done that and have the friggin t-shirt to prove it, coupled with no proper sructure to his ramblings left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Besides, I get antsy when someone annoys the colonel.
    That's MY Job, dammit! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko R View Post
      I don't need him to "teach" me about something I already lived through, I am learning quite a bit, from university professors, none of whom that I've talked to agree with anything he says.
      I seriously doubt that, otherwise they would have brought to your attention the theories of

Anarchy in international relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

International relations theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        Besides, I get antsy when someone annoys the colonel.
        That's MY Job, dammit! :(
        Behave or I'll tell your wife where is the nearest shoe sale.

Comment

I'm not going to bother with this anymore, here are some sources I used in my analysis since you think it is so far fetched, feel free to read them all, but you probably won't. I'm not the only one who thinks this way, I have intelligence officials, former generals, historians, journalists, political pundits and politicians who can tell you what I'm trying to tell you.

Source: Human Rights Watch HRW says Libya rebels detain pro-Gadhafi civilians
          Source: Former NATO commander Wesley Clark Gen. Wesley Clark: Stay Out Of Libya
          Source: Wesley Clark again General Wesley Clark explains Libyan invasion planned years in advance
          Source: Wesley Clark yet again (LISTEN TO MINUTE 6-7 especially well) Gen. Wesley Clark - 2nd Interview today on Libyan No-Fly Zone
          Source: The Guardian (David Gibbs)
          Kosovo: a template for disaster

Source: A prominent Libyan offical, Reuters, and BBC Koussa says Libya could become "new Somalia": BBC
          Source: BBC Paul Danahar Analysis: Fractured war effort against Gaddafi
          Source: Noam Chomsky, BBC Noam Chomsky warns against intervention in Libya
          Source: Noam Chomsky again, Kavkaz Center Noam Chomsky: War in Libya is a war for 'man depending on the West'
          Source: Noam Chomsky yet again, Truthout.org
          Libya and the World of Oil
          <<<< READ THIS IF YOU'RE WONDERING ABOUT THE OIL STATEMENT I MADE
          Source: David Crane (law professor, President and CEO, NRG Energy), Huffpo Libya, Oil, Energy Security: How 100 Million Electric Vehicles Address All Three <<<MORE ON OIL
          Source: Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic The Imperial President
          Source: NATO official text The North Atlantic Treaty Libya did not attack a NATO country, thus it violates their charter, as well as International Law, its only legal because the Security council approved it.
          Source: Rachel Maddow, Richard Engel Libya, Obama, and Rachel Maddow: The Moderate Voice
          Source: Noam Chomsky interview on Origins of Terrorism Noam Chomsky on the origins of terrorism - EXCLUSIVE Part I
          Source: Arutz Sheva, Maayana Miskin, James CLapper (US director of National Intelligence) Expert: Libya Could Become the Next Somalia
          Source: Russ Baker (award winning investigative journalist), Business Insider Libya: Connect The Dots And You Get A Giant Dollar Sign
          Last edited by Mirko R; 07 Jun 11,, 00:33.
          Bog visoko, a Rusija daleko.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            I seriously doubt that, otherwise they would have brought to your attention the theories of

Anarchy in international relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

International relations theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            I was refering to Anarchy inside Libya, not international anarchy, two very different things.

Also, Realism is not the only international relations theory and I don't believe in it. International relations theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <<<< this is the link you posted, but this is only one of the theories, read all of them next time.

THIS IS FOR THE COLONEL because he asked me to provide proof that more people died after the NATO campaign in Kosovo
            Source: Human Rights Watch Kosovo: Civilian Deaths in the NATO Air Campaign
            Last edited by Mirko R; 07 Jun 11,, 00:41.

Comment

I was refering to Anarchy inside Libya, not international anarchy, two very different things.

Also, Realism is not the only international relations theory and I don't believe in it. International relations theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <<<< this is the link you posted, but this is only one of the theories, read all of them next time.
              LOL, I have. You're claiming a whole raft of bad intentions and conspiracy theories for NATO's attacks on the former Yugoslavia and Lybia, and further claiming that your 'university professors' agree with you.
              A simple examination of the links I provided give a whole raft of current theories which give perfectly reasonable reasons for state-on-state actions without ever needing those emotive conspiracy theories. Since those links I provided are international relations 101, it's highly unlikely your 'professors' agree with you.

Leibniz

Comment

Another "After the OIL motive".The last one in Iraq didnt work either. You know for always being "after the oil" funny how the US doesnt get a drop of it although they give the most in funding and we get no lesser rate then anyone on the market.

Its all about being after the oil I tell you.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Stop deleting posts that don't break rules, here are the links you wanted from professors, THE US NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF INTELLIGENCE, AND A PROMINENT LIBYAN OFFICAL who all agree with me:

Source: Human Rights Watch HRW says Libya rebels detain pro-Gadhafi civilians
                  Source: Former NATO commander Wesley Clark Gen. Wesley Clark: Stay Out Of Libya
                  Source: Wesley Clark again General Wesley Clark explains Libyan invasion planned years in advance
                  Source: Wesley Clark yet again (LISTEN TO MINUTE 6-7 especially well) Gen. Wesley Clark - 2nd Interview today on Libyan No-Fly Zone
                  Source: The Guardian (David Gibbs)
                  Kosovo: a template for disaster

Source: A prominent Libyan offical, Reuters, and BBC Koussa says Libya could become "new Somalia": BBC
                  Source: BBC Paul Danahar Analysis: Fractured war effort against Gaddafi
                  Source: Noam Chomsky, BBC Noam Chomsky warns against intervention in Libya
                  Source: Noam Chomsky again, Kavkaz Center Noam Chomsky: War in Libya is a war for 'man depending on the West'
                  Source: Noam Chomsky yet again, Truthout.org
                  Libya and the World of Oil
                  <<<< READ THIS IF YOU'RE WONDERING ABOUT THE OIL STATEMENT I MADE
                  Source: David Crane (law professor, President and CEO, NRG Energy), Huffpo Libya, Oil, Energy Security: How 100 Million Electric Vehicles Address All Three <<<MORE ON OIL
                  Source: Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic The Imperial President
                  Source: NATO official text The North Atlantic Treaty Libya did not attack a NATO country, thus it violates their charter, as well as International Law, its only legal because the Security council approved it.
                  Source: Rachel Maddow, Richard Engel Libya, Obama, and Rachel Maddow: The Moderate Voice
                  Source: Noam Chomsky interview on Origins of Terrorism Noam Chomsky on the origins of terrorism - EXCLUSIVE Part I
                  Source: Arutz Sheva, Maayana Miskin, James CLapper (US director of National Intelligence) Expert: Libya Could Become the Next Somalia
                  Source: Russ Baker (award winning investigative journalist), Business Insider Libya: Connect The Dots And You Get A Giant Dollar Sign

Also I was talking about internal anarchy in Libya not international anarchy and realism is only one international relations theory which I do not agree with, and do not have to agree with to know anything about world affairs. I'm a constructivist.

BigRoss asking for my credentials, the reason I provided them, which was not on a whim:
                  Originally posted by BigRoss86
                  3) Don't make absolute statements. Statements like "if NATO and the west stopped invading sovereign countries and bringing needless violence to people that are already suffering, there would be a lot less terrorist attacks in the world. In fact, I guarantee it. " just go to show that you are ignorant. You have little to no active military experience (being on the receiving end doesn't count, unless you fought back somehow), little to no active political experience, and not enough schooling to make such bold statements. There are many people here on this forum that have plenty military experience, plenty political experience and both. Shooting your mouth off only goes to show how badly you compare to them.

Comment

THIS IS FOR THE COLONEL because he asked me to provide proof that more people died after the NATO campaign in Kosovo
                    Source: Human Rights Watch Kosovo: Civilian Deaths in the NATO Air Campaign
                    Your own source organization stated that 13,000 civilians were killed by the Serbs and another 250,000 was about to freeze.

Civilian Deaths in the NATO Air Campaign - The Crisis in Kosovo

compare to 500 by NATO as per your reference.

You obviously only cherry pick and do not read full histories or sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko R
                      I just gave you a post with a series of links of prominent intellectuals who agree with me, here it is again:
                      You still don't understand. You're outraged that international players are bombing Lybia and claiming that your professors and various other sundry individuals agree with you.
                      As ALL those international relations theories say, nation states act in their own best interests, regardless of whether you or any other individual regards those actions as 'bad' or 'immoral' or not.
                      For you to claim that your professors agree with your personal moral perspective goes against every theory of international relations taught anywhere.

Leibniz

Comment

I'm pretty sure Noam Chomsky and David Crane, both of whome are highly esteemed university professors that agree with me had more convincing arguments than eye rolling, I would love to hear an eloquent argument as to why he is completely misguided, because like I said, I like to learn, so please elaborate. I thought this was a serious forum for serious members.

Comment

Deleted my own post as as you can see my name appears as yours does above. If it was one of the mods then their name would appear. Just letting you know.
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                            You still don't understand. You're outraged that international players are bombing Lybia and claiming that your professors and various other sundry individuals agree with you.
                            As ALL those international relations theories say, nation states act in their own best interests, regardless of whether you or any other individual regards those actions as 'bad' or 'immoral' or not.
                            For you to claim that your professors agree with your personal moral perspective goes against every theory of international relations taught anywhere.
                            Read the articles, its not a personal moral perspective, the US director of national intelligence agrees with me as does a Libyan official. Furthermore, states do act in their own interests, but different theories have different moral grounds and different concepts of interests, which makes them more likely to persue different things for different reasons, if someone is of the neo-liberal school of thought they would agree that the greater interest is in their interest, NATO claims to do just that, but this is neither in the greater interest nor in theirs as you can read from the articles. I know you guys are smarter than this.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Noam Chomsky and David Crane, both of whome are highly esteemed university professors that agree with me had more convincing arguments than eye rolling, I would love to hear an eloquent argument as to why he is completely misguided, because like I said, I like to learn, so please elaborate. I thought this was a serious forum for serious members.
                              Neither Noam Chomsky nor David Crane lecture in international relations, and neither teaches you as they're not lecturing in your claimed field of study. Try again.

Leibniz

Comment

Stop deleting posts that don't break rules,
                                I beg your pardon?

Also I was talking about internal anarchy in Libya not international anarchy and realism is only one international relations theory which I do not agree with, and do not have to agree with to know anything about world affairs. I'm a constructivist.
                                Constructivists argue about why nation states act in their own self interests, not that they don't. Try again.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X