Hamas military leader Ahmed Jaabari assassinated in IAF airstrike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get the call up, I'll let you guys know. In the meantime:

If you are religious people, pray to whatever deity you happen to believe in that the violence and bloodshed stops. If you are not religious, please do all you can to try and set the record straight. Hamas is a terrorist unit and Israel, like any and every sovereign nation on this earth has the right to defend itself. If you need more help, I just posted a video in the propaganda thread that will explain Hamas' war-crimes and Human Rights violations.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Iron Dome system intercepts 12-14 rockets in one salvo. Filmed at a wedding in Be'er Sheva

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Gaza: Fresh Attacks As Egypt PM Visits - Yahoo! News UK

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering:

Fourth Geneva Convention, Article 51:

2. The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack. Acts or threats of violence the primary purpose of which is to spread terror among the civilian population are prohibited.

4. Indiscriminate attacks are prohibited. Indiscriminate attacks are: (a) those which are not directed at a specific military objective; (b) those which employ a method or means of combat which cannot be directed at a specific military objective; or (c) those which employ a method or means of combat the effects of which cannot be limited as required by this Protocol; and consequently, in each such case, are of a nature to strike military objectives and civilians or civilian objects without distinction.

5. Among others, the following types of attacks are to be considered as indiscriminate: ... an attack which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.

6. Attacks against the civilian population or civilians by way of reprisals are prohibited.

7. The presence or movements of the civilian population or individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favour or impede military operations.

Hamas, Al-Aqsa Brigades, Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades and others are all guilty of breaking each of the above clauses of the Geneva Convention. Tell that to your friends who claim Hamas are not terrorists.

Comment

Shame its never adhered to Ben

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

I'm waiting to see if I get my emergency reserve call-up in the mail. The only reason I can think of not getting a call-up yet is that my unit recently upgraded to the Merkava 4B and I'm only qualified on the Merkava 4.
              Is there such a difference in the 4B from the 4 that would warrant reserve Tank Commanders doing a weekend Commanders Course to keep updated with the weapons system... maybe once a year? When situations such as this does arise at least the reserve Commanders can be deployed to the best of their ability. If push come to shove Israel needs the best to do the best.

Comment

I said in a previous that Benny has to get his arse back in the turret , advance to contact m8y , and one round kills will suffice thanks;) ,,if push happens , good luck bud :tank:

Comment

About once a year there is a course qualifying Merkava 4 crewmen on the 4B, I haven't had the chance to take the course yet. For loaders and drivers there is no difference, as far as gunners are concerned, it's a brand new FCS

Comment

Breakdown of rocket attacks, as of 10:30PM Thursday, 15/11/12:

Attached Files

Comment

I understand 30,000 Israeli reservists may be called up...

I think the real point here is the new Government in Egypt and how they respond. They cannot afford to lose US aid or the Egyptian army will have alway with Morsi double time but Morsi has to satisfy his Moslem Brotherhood pals. Nor can Israel afford to lose the Egyptian 'entente'. I understand the Egyptian Prime Minister will go to Gaza today and a truce will be observed. It seems to me that Egyptians have to prove themselves and get an end to this before it escalates as Morsi cannot afford to lose the Israeli peace either.

What is most troubling is these Iranian (I am told) rockets that can reach Tel Aviv. Now if these are indeed Iranian arms getting into Gaza (and I have no reason to suspect it's not true) then clearly the threat to Tel Aviv must be cleared. Despite claims that the stockpiles of weapons are being targeted is it possible to stop this threat with certainty without going in? I doubt this myself but will defer to those know better. Also how are Iranian weapons getting in? One can only assume via Egypt and Sinai and this poses more problems for Morsi, who if he denies that this is happening with his ok must admit that the Egyptian army has effectively lost control of Bedouins in Sinai (they never had much control anyway).

There is also the underlying and real problem of Iran. The US elections are over (for worse in my opinion but pff) and now Obama doesn't have to worry about being re-elected again. I have not heard of any change of plan in Iran but perhaps this is preparatory to other matters?

Comment

BBC `16000 reservists called up . Good luck guys /

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post

I think the real point here is the new Government in Egypt and how they respond. They cannot afford to lose US aid or the Egyptian army will have alway with Morsi double time but Morsi has to satisfy his Moslem Brotherhood pals. Nor can Israel afford to lose the Egyptian 'entente'. I understand the Egyptian Prime Minister will go to Gaza today and a truce will be observed. It seems to me that Egyptians have to prove themselves and get an end to this before it escalates as Morsi cannot afford to lose the Israeli peace either.

What is most troubling is these Iranian (I am told) rockets that can reach Tel Aviv. Now if these are indeed Iranian arms getting into Gaza (and I have no reason to suspect it's not true) then clearly the threat to Tel Aviv must be cleared. Despite claims that the stockpiles of weapons are being targeted is it possible to stop this threat with certainty without going in? I doubt this myself but will defer to those know better. Also how are Iranian weapons getting in? One can only assume via Egypt and Sinai and this poses more problems for Morsi, who if he denies that this is happening with his ok must admit that the Egyptian army has effectively lost control of Bedouins in Sinai (they never had much control anyway).

There is also the underlying and real problem of Iran. The US elections are over (for worse in my opinion but pff) and now Obama doesn't have to worry about being re-elected again. I have not heard of any change of plan in Iran but perhaps this is preparatory to other matters?
                          There was meant to be a truce. Israel even announced that unless attacked, we would sit quiet while Morsi was in town. Hamas decided to launch anyway, and there goes that truce

As far as we know, Hamas has Iranian-made Fajr-5 rockets, which under ideal circumstances can reach the area of Tel Aviv. Yesterday and today there were three confirmed launches at Tel Aviv, which didn't cause casualties, and a 4th that is under investigation, IDF Spokesperson hasn't confirmed or denied yet, so news can't report anything yet. The Iranian weapons are getting in the same way the rest of their armaments are getting in, the Sinai tunnel system. After the attack a short while ago Morsi pretty much admitted that he lost control of the Sinai.

As far as US politics: On the international scene, US and Britain supported Israeli's right to defend itself. Haven't heard from the UN or the EU yet, but Russia said that Israel's actions are a gross exaggeration. Coming from Russia, one honestly doesn't know if that's a condemnation or a compliment...

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post

BBC News - Gaza crisis: Egyptians back under-fire Palestinians

Egyptian leaders have promised to support Gaza against Israeli attacks, as violence escalated for a third day.
                            President Mohammed Mursi said he would not leave Gaza on its own and condemned Israel's "blatant aggression", hours after his prime minister visited Gaza.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                              ...but Russia said that Israel's actions are a gross exaggeration.
                              Almost fell out of my chair when I read that. Would this be the same Russia that leveled Grozny?

sigpic

Comment

It was Yeltsin's Russia that did that (1999 i believe), not Putin's.

And it wasn't leveled, it was all bumps.
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X