jewish attacks on palestinians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
    IDF rounds up suspects because they fit a certain profile. It has worked very well in preventing terrorist attacks, since 95% of them are intercepted and not allowed to happen. What are you offering?
    really good for you it helps in bridging the divide between iraeli arabs and jews doesn't it.

You also seem to be implying that any Jew living beyond the green line is a fanatic, which is not only wrong but just as stupid as saying all Arabs are criminals.
    yeah sure when fanatical jews are being put under the spotlight the only defence you can come up with is that im generally discrimnating against jews beyond israel proper.

You seem to be trying to make a parallel like its all equal, Jews have their fanatics, Muslims have theirs, underhandedly pretending to be evenhanded. Compare the numbers of each. Compare the types of attacks that they engage in. And then consider the response by their side and by their representative politicians. Evenhanded comparisons belong in evenhanded cases. Don't come in here with that everyone is equally wrong bullcrap, the shoe does not fit
    irgun and lehi just to name a few of the fanatical organizations that have sprung up all over israel sure they're not as big as hamas and hebollah because they have the nomal comforts of life all they have is a fanatical hatred for Arabs who they think are primitive and a lot of time on their hands to break the law

What cases are you referencing?
    this is an extract from the book im reading ARAB & JEW by David.K.Shipler
    "in 1983 yeshiva student named Aharon Gross was stabbed to death in the Hebron Casbah.retaliation from the jews came swiftly. While the Army confined arab residents to their homes in a curfew, settlers rampaged through the market burning stalls. Six settlers including three of those involved in the attack of arab mayors, developed a careful plan to pose as Arabs and assault the Campus of the Islamic College. they walked calmly into the college courtyard, firing at a group of students in the adjacent grove, then spraying the courtyard with gunfire and throwing a grenade at a group of students standing near the entrance. three were killed and thirty three were wounded.

only the three defendants who had murdered Arab students by firing Automatic weapons into the campus of the islamic college recieved the maximum-mandatory life sentences because the law allowed the court no discretion. but they served less than seven years 'after communications by president herzog"

this isnt the first time when 25 fanatics plotted to blow up the dome of rock they were handed down much lighter sentences than what arab terrorist would have recieved

Comment

Originally posted by 1947 View Post
      IDF rounds up suspects because they fit a certain profile. It has worked very well in preventing terrorist attacks, since 95% of them are intercepted and not allowed to happen. What are you offering?
      really good for you it helps in bridging the divide between iraeli arabs and jews doesn't it.

We were not talking about Israeli Arabs, however, so I'm not sure how this relates.

You also seem to be implying that any Jew living beyond the green line is a fanatic, which is not only wrong but just as stupid as saying all Arabs are criminals.
      yeah sure when fanatical jews are being put under the spotlight the only defence you can come up with is that im generally discrimnating against jews beyond israel proper.

What can I tell you partner, you said it, and I pointed it out. And you don't seem to even be disputing it after I pointed it out, either.

You seem to be trying to make a parallel like its all equal, Jews have their fanatics, Muslims have theirs, underhandedly pretending to be evenhanded. Compare the numbers of each. Compare the types of attacks that they engage in. And then consider the response by their side and by their representative politicians. Evenhanded comparisons belong in evenhanded cases. Don't come in here with that everyone is equally wrong bullcrap, the shoe does not fit
      irgun and lehi just to name a few of the fanatical organizations that have sprung up all over israel sure they're not as big as hamas and hebollah because they have the nomal comforts of life all they have is a fanatical hatred for Arabs who they think are primitive and a lot of time on their hands to break the law

Thank you for the ride! However, now that I step out of your time machine, I wonder where.. or should I say when, in time, I have stepped out? Oh, that's right! Silly me! Its 60 years since Irgun and Lehi, which makes it a bit irrelevant in discussing the here and now terrorist groups. But I can see now that it is a common tactic with you to keep jumping around between topics, and time periods and anything else for that matter, just so that you don't argue about something long enough to be show that you're wrong. What other groups are you talking about? How many people have they killed? Are they legally allowed to function by Israeli authorities? Do they hold political power in the Israeli government? Are they sanctioned by mainstream politicians? Do they hold sway with the majority of the public? Because of you look at Hamas and Hizballah, they fit all those questions pretty neatly my friend, and you'd be well advised to pay attention that if you are going FAR out on a limb to make your unfitting comparisons.

What cases are you referencing?
      this is an extract from the book im reading ARAB & JEW by David.K.Shipler
      "in 1983 yeshiva student named Aharon Gross was stabbed to death in the Hebron Casbah.retaliation from the jews came swiftly. While the Army confined arab residents to their homes in a curfew, settlers rampaged through the market burning stalls. Six settlers including three of those involved in the attack of arab mayors, developed a careful plan to pose as Arabs and assault the Campus of the Islamic College. they walked calmly into the college courtyard, firing at a group of students in the adjacent grove, then spraying the courtyard with gunfire and throwing a grenade at a group of students standing near the entrance. three were killed and thirty three were wounded.

only the three defendants who had murdered Arab students by firing Automatic weapons into the campus of the islamic college recieved the maximum-mandatory life sentences because the law allowed the court no discretion. but they served less than seven years 'after communications by president herzog"

this isnt the first time when 25 fanatics plotted to blow up the dome of rock they were handed down much lighter sentences than what arab terrorist would have recieved

So they were imprisoned by Israel then. Now think about what happens to Arab terrorists for killing Jews within the frameworks of their legal systems.

As far as blowing up the dome of the rock, of course they got comparatively lighter sentences than people who actually perpetrated attack. Someone with intent gets a lighter sentence than if they actually did something. Same thing happens when an Arab is caught at a checkpoint outside of Ramallah or what have you and has the intention to but never gets a chance to carry out an attack.
      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post

So they were imprisoned by Israel then. Now think about what happens to Arab terrorists for killing Jews within the frameworks of their legal systems.

As far as blowing up the dome of the rock, of course they got comparatively lighter sentences than people who actually perpetrated attack. Someone with intent gets a lighter sentence than if they actually did something. Same thing happens when an Arab is caught at a checkpoint outside of Ramallah or what have you and has the intention to but never gets a chance to carry out an attack.
        any israeli arab terrorist or civilian who would do the same as the three sentenced for the murders or the 25 who plotted to blow up the dome of rock would have received the maximum sentences while israelis religious terrorists recieve much lighter sentences partly due to underlying acceptance by the Israeli population to some extent who see these actions as fair and just for what PLO has done to them

What can I tell you partner, you said it, and I pointed it out. And you don't seem to even be disputing it after I pointed it out, either.

when i said fanatical jews i meant the terrorists now you yourself being a jew got insulted because you dont accept the fact that terrorism is a two way street and the pristine values on which israel was built can be stained by jewish terrorism. there are jewish terrorists out there but not on the epic proportions of hamas or hezbollah they do have covert support from some parts mainstream Israel who condemn terrorism but see it right when Israeli arabs are attacked because of the wounds inflicted on them by arab terrorists

Its 60 years since Irgun and Lehi, which makes it a bit irrelevant in discussing the here and now terrorist groups.
        irgun and lehi set the precedence for the next wave of terrorists to come. most of the arabs on the land now know as israel were left their homes to avoid conflict a sizeable amount were forcibly evicted from their homes or intimidated to leave by these sorts of organizations during and after the formation of israel (israeli-arab wars of 1948) just so u dont starts jumping around accusing me of having no knowledge of mid east history the some arabs who left their land did so after advice from arab militia's who promised to return them once the conflict was over and Israel would be defeated.

But I can see now that it is a common tactic with you to keep jumping around between topics, and time periods and anything else for that matter, just so that you don't argue about something long enough to be show that you're wrong.
        forgive me for not devoting all the time in my life to responding to ur every post. im sorry that i have OTHER THINGS TO DO like WORK, SOCIALIZE than sit all day bickering about the israeli-palestinian conflict. when im old and lonely and ready to retire i promise you i'll stay on all day only to respond to your posts.
        there happy.

hamas and hezbollah receive wide spread support among the refugee arab population because they have nothing to lose. a vast majority of their die hard supporters have no land no homes no state and a longing desire to return to their ancestors homes. now if they were educated in proper institutions and facilities there would be a drastic change in the views they hold and the actions they would take.
        israeli terrorists on the other hand are educated have land and homes and all the comforts of life but they also have time on their hands to either take the law into their own hands or to break the law.

Comment

Originally posted by 1947 View Post
          any israeli arab terrorist or civilian who would do the same as the three sentenced for the murders or the 25 who plotted to blow up the dome of rock would have received the maximum sentences while israelis religious terrorists recieve much lighter sentences partly due to underlying acceptance by the Israeli population to some extent who see these actions as fair and just for what PLO has done to them

Are you going to back that up with some study that gives us confirmation of such a general trend? A study from a not too biased source? Or is that just verbal defecation at work?

when i said fanatical jews i meant the terrorists now you yourself being a jew got insulted because you dont accept the fact that terrorism is a two way street and the pristine values on which israel was built can be stained by jewish terrorism.

Did I tell you I was a Jew?

Did I tell you that I don't accept that Jews could also be terrorists?

there are jewish terrorists out there but not on the epic proportions of hamas or hezbollah they do have covert support from some parts mainstream Israel who condemn terrorism but see it right when Israeli arabs are attacked because of the wounds inflicted on them by arab terrorists

Right, I asked who they were, and to point out some proof of what you term "covery support from pars of mainstream Israel." Again, you've done nothing to show it. I do appreciate you citing some specific case out of a book, that was a first for you, but you're going to have keep working if you actually want to follow through with your point of view.

Its 60 years since Irgun and Lehi, which makes it a bit irrelevant in discussing the here and now terrorist groups.
          irgun and lehi set the precedence for the next wave of terrorists to come. most of the arabs on the land now know as israel were left their homes to avoid conflict a sizeable amount were forcibly evicted from their homes or intimidated to leave by these sorts of organizations during and after the formation of israel (israeli-arab wars of 1948) just so u dont starts jumping around accusing me of having no knowledge of mid east history the some arabs who left their land did so after advice from arab militia's who promised to return them once the conflict was over and Israel would be defeated.

Irgun and Lehi set the precedent for whom? What amount of them were forcibly evicted, versus how many left because they were waiting for the Arab countries to clear "their" neighborhoods of Jews before coming back. Those Arabs who chose to be friendly to Israel and their Jewish neighbors did not have any problems. There are many examples of this, but have you been to Abu Gosh for example?

But I can see now that it is a common tactic with you to keep jumping around between topics, and time periods and anything else for that matter, just so that you don't argue about something long enough to be show that you're wrong.
          forgive me for not devoting all the time in my life to responding to ur every post. im sorry that i have OTHER THINGS TO DO like WORK, SOCIALIZE than sit all day bickering about the israeli-palestinian conflict. when im old and lonely and ready to retire i promise you i'll stay on all day only to respond to your posts.
          there happy.

Oh ain't that special! So on the one hand, you have enough time away from work and socializing to read all my posts and respond to them, but only partially. You could prove me wrong, you could actually answer all those tough questions, but you only have time to answer the easy ones. Again, an escape tactic, but not even that clever. I'm not retired or lonely, yet somehow I manage, go figure. You can either enter into a conversation, or if you're so overwhelmed by your other duties, you can not enter into it. Your loss, the things I suggested that you not do are things that would make your argument stronger on any topic, not just the Israeli-Arab conflict.

hamas and hezbollah receive wide spread support among the refugee arab population

Hizballah and Hamas are not the same thing. Hizballah is not as popular among them, for even though it fights against Israel, some of the fighters who are members of both Hizballah and other Lebanese security services go and crack down on the refugees living in Lebanon, into their camps. Hizballah also does not support helping any of the refugees in Lebanon, unlike what they do with the southern Lebanese population, they don't want to take them on their backs as a burden. That's straight from Nasrallah's mouth.

because they have nothing to lose. a vast majority of their die hard supporters have no land no homes

Have you ever seen what is termed a refugee camp? All of them have homes, they don't live in tents as you'd like to imagine.

no state and a longing desire to return to their ancestors homes. now if they were educated in proper institutions and facilities there would be a drastic change in the views they hold and the actions they would take.

So what do you suggest? They are educated by Hamas instead, funded by the UN and European/American aid dollars. Instead of using that to give them a proper education, take a look at what UNRWA funds as far as their education programs.

israeli terrorists on the other hand are educated have land and homes and all the comforts of life but they also have time on their hands to either take the law into their own hands or to break the law.
          Which people are you speaking of? You speak of these Israeli terrorists and their lifestyle as if you know them personally.
          In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
          The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Working...
          X