Best statehood solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heso10 View Post
    Israel said that its attack in 1967 was a self defense to "future" attacks from Egypt, Syria and jordan,....End of discussion.

I don't know where you get that piece of alleged Israeli propaganda. But actually, the propaganda is all yours.

Israel didn't need to speculate into the future. Egypt had closed the Straits of Tiran and had kicked out the UN UNEF from Sinai, massing troops in the area along the way.

Both these actions are Acts of War.

More could be added, but it need not to establish the point beyond discussion.

Period.

Originally posted by heso10 View Post
    since Egyptian army stopped at 12 km from the canal, and held defensive positions, then also " israel was fighting for her life "
    You forget to mention Syria. Apparently Arabs consider that being several times the size and population is not enough. They bravely prefer to hunt in packs.

Nevermind, because they lost again.

The Third Army was surrounded. Sadat had already begged the Soviet Union for help, which they delivered. They were enabled partly by Nixon, who screwed up by impeding Kissinger to stall the negotiations and buy time. Thus UN Security Council passed Resolution 338 a week too soon and saved Egypt's ass.

I have always wondered how would have the Israelis finished off the Third Army had they had a week more. I mean the actual tactics they would have used. I believe they still had SAMs, it wouldn't have been easy to get them from the air.
    Anybody?
    L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux

Comment

Originally posted by Castellano View Post

I have always wondered how would have the Israelis finished off the Third Army had they had a week more. I mean the actual tactics they would have used. I believe they still had SAMs, it wouldn't have been easy to get them from the air.
      By the time that the Israelis had surrounded the Third Army, they had also destroyed much of the SAM umbrella in the south. However, they still could not have taken out the Third Army by air. It would have taken too long, and there would have been too much pressure for them to stop. Apparently, what they planned to do was bring Adan's division back to the East Bank of the Canal and use it to crush the Third Army bridgehead.

Comment

Bi-national state. They can call it the Federation of Palestine-Israel.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Akaloc View Post
          Bi-national state. They can call it the Federation of Palestine-Israel.
          Reference this last week's Arab riots in Acre when you want to know how that idea would pan out.
          In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
          The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

The Palestinians can't behave when they live next to the Jews. What makes anyone think they'd behave if they live with the Israelis?
            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Aranthus View Post
              By the time that the Israelis had surrounded the Third Army, they had also destroyed much of the SAM umbrella in the south. However, they still could not have taken out the Third Army by air. It would have taken too long, and there would have been too much pressure for them to stop.
              Why would the Israelis need to do anything? They have the cat in a bag. It's the Sinai desert, the 3d Army had its line of communications and logistics severed.

Did they even have enough water?
              All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
              -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                Did they even have enough water?
                Nope, that's why they were trying hard as hell to break out in some places. If there was no cease-fire, however, there was the chance that in trying to break out to get supply lines established, they could already be running low on fuel.
                In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

I vote for territorial swap..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post
                    and how do u suggest one does that

Though I don't sympathise an inch with the Palestinians I still believe they have every right to live as u and I do.

Otherwise what would be the difference between them and us.??
                    You mean Jews doing a "Counter-pogrom" to kill off about 4 million palestinians? Sweet irony it would be ... Hitler does a pogrom in Europe, killing off millions of Jews, in relatialtion Europeans ship off the surviving Jews to their "promised land", where 60+ years later they hold another progrom to kill off the inhabitants .... man - I can think of all the Novels, Movies and Docu-dramas that can be made from this a hundred years later! BIG MONEY!! BIG BIG MONEY!
                    Too bad I won't be alive then to see the money!
                    Ace o Spades in Ninth Hell

Comment

• Dude, you just narcoposted. Bad. Very very bad!

Comment

• What difference does it make?

The Gunny is no longer here.....

The inmates are running the asylum now.

Comment

• A thread thats almost 3 years old WTF?

(the return of Hot Dead Chick)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Jeez, gunny, come up with something new. I've got a whole collection of these that I've started posting ever since you started slacking in your duties
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• rickshaw92 Reply

"Dude, you just narcoposted. Bad. Very very bad!"

The Dude objects. Not always. Depends on the narcotics...
                                Attached Files
                                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                                X