Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strongest military power in south america??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US did not create Chavez in VEN. look at Gen Hill's (SCOM) statements on him, the US is not happy with him. Chavez's best friend is who? a man by the name of Castro.

Comment

this isnt simple deflection politics by US in Lat A

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
        US did not create Chavez in VEN. look at Gen Hill's (SCOM) statements on him, the US is not happy with him. Chavez's best friend is who? a man by the name of Castro.
        it was not created the way Noriega was made up.... but with constant meddling in their life you would certainly get somebody who hates you. I would say that Chavez is a soft version of what could have emerged

Comment

sir, i do now wish to impugne your credibility in any way. however, i have sources who play a critical role in US FoPo 4 state dept + DoD in L A. US is NOT happy w/ Chavez. US wants Chavez OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
            US is NOT happy w/ Chavez. US wants Chavez OUT.
            sure no doubts!

Comment

I'm happy you've come to your senses.

Comment

I think that the strongest army in South America is Chile. They have been increasing their power significantly these lasts 10 years.

Comment

How evil is Chavez actually on a scale from 1 to ten? If 1 is Uncle Sam and 10 is Kim Jung Il?

No, seriously, except fraternizing with A-jads and threatening USA, has the man actually done something worse than just threatening US authority?

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    How evil is Chavez actually on a scale from 1 to ten? If 1 is Uncle Sam and 10 is Kim Jung Il?

No, seriously, except fraternizing with A-jads and threatening USA, has the man actually done something worse than just threatening US authority?
                    Most of the bad stuff he's done, he has done to Venezuela. Before he leaves office he will wreck the economy. It is possible to turn a net oil exporter into an economic basket case and Chavez is just the dictator to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by wabpilot View Post
                      Most of the bad stuff he's done, he has done to Venezuela. Before he leaves office he will wreck the economy. It is possible to turn a net oil exporter into an economic basket case and Chavez is just the dictator to do it.
                      Not to mention removing basic rights, like freedom of speech, freedom to assemble, freedom of the press...
                      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Didn't you wonder why the venezuelans left all this so easily? I guess they simply do not find any advantages which could say anything in favour of their past "democracy" against the present "dictatorship". Most of venezuelans do not find, at least.

Comment

Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by wabpilot View Post
                            Well, he is in power because previous Governments were doing very little to people and too much to foreign corporations. They eased Chavez with his populistic policies.

Before democracy and freedom rights people need - security, food, health care and education

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                              Well, he is in power because previous Governments were doing very little to people and too much to foreign corporations. They eased Chavez with his populistic policies.

Before democracy and freedom rights people need - security, food, health care and education
                              Which Chavez seems to be supplying somewhat better than earlier governments. All macroeconomic indicators are a little better than what they were before 1999.

Comment

Chavez has made territorial claims to Guyana and Colombia. He also called Alvaro Uribe of Colombia a "thief" or some such thing, and generally been a nuisance to everyone around him except Bolivia. Uribe, a real high-roader, has made nice with Chavez, and even come clean about an assassination plot hatched by ex-Venezuelan military people in Colombia. Uribe doesn't appear to have had anything to do with it.

Domestically, Chavez has delivered on some of his promises (oil rents), but his consolidation of power is worrisome to many Venezuelans.

Interestingly, Venezuela is in a kind of limbo right now, having left the Andean Community, though after a year its still not been ratified by the Brazilian and Paraguayan parliaments into Mercosur. Continent-wide Unasur is due to integrate the two blocs and everyone else in SA in December, so it may prove to be a non-issue. Can't imagine Chavez has much leverage in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                                X