Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan likely to use Nuclear weapons on India "a few days" into war: US ambassador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we've detonated far more than 100 nukes just through testing, lol.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
      we've detonated far more than 100 nukes just through testing, lol.
      All at the same time ?

Comment

• Oh for Pete sakes, the largest standard warhead on deployment (not purpose built) is 5 megatons. The most common today is 120kt. Mount Tambora is estimated at 1 gigaton. That is 200 times 5 megaton warheads or 8333 times 120 kt warheads.
        Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
          We will happily dance with the devil if we have to survive.
          Haven't we been there already? I mean this discussion.

Babies eating their feet or even assholes is the dance you propose. Your babies.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

All at the same time ?
            You do realize how nuclear yield works or you are just petrified when you read some numbers in front of nukes?

Yield wont kill many of you (or us for that matter), fallout will do a better job, with a more vivid images for someone who has a glee in their eyes imagining their enemy dying a 1000 deaths. Too bad the same thing will be happening at their homes. And again, "We" as we know it, wont survive it.

BTW, What a nice discussion for a Saturday morning cup.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• If I recall correctly there have been close to 1500 nuke explosions on the planet so far?

And if I also recall correctly Krakatoa erupted with the power of a 200 megaton nuclear bomb in the year 1883...or the equivalent of 13,000 of the "Little Boy" bomb dropped on Hiroshima?

Comment

• I don't know why is everybody talking about nukes going off. From what SteveDaPirate said:

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                While the US could probably take out Pakistan’s nukes using conventional weapons given enough time, there wouldn’t be all that much time available once you started.
                So, taking out Pakistan's nukes conventionally is possible. Important thing is timing. Maybe a coordinated attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  Haven't we been there already? I mean this discussion.

Babies eating their feet or even assholes is the dance you propose. Your babies.
                  We are a nuclear power. A responsible one at that.

So when someone from a non-nuclear nation threatens us with a 1000 nuke barrage sitting on the shoulders of their neighbor, whose umbrella they shelter under, it is not only not appreciated, it is also a bit amusing.

Speaking of nuclear powers, and taking out their arsenals, I would think baby steps would be the way to go.

Try your practice run on North Korea first. I know you pooh pooh that their nukes are a joke. Great. Should make it easier for you. Try them first and then work your way up the chain to the bigger boys.

Pakistan next.

Then if you've taken both out, unilaterally, still unmolested by any other big nuclear power, THEN try your hand at India.

Otherwise its all a little droll. Saturday humor with the morning cup as you put it.
                  Last edited by sated buddha; 13 Sep 14,, 10:49.

Comment

• I saw this picture on the internet (even though it's out dated and am sure there are bigger and meaner weapons now) and was literally terrified realizing what kind of a dangerous species humans are. We CAN possibly destroy our own planet with all this ego and whose d**k is bigger race

The mythical story of Atlantis comes to my mind

Tsar Bomba contained three stages, unlike normal thermonuclear weapons that explode in just two stages. While the addition of third stage increased the explosive power of the thermonuclear, the bomb's actual yield of 100Mt was reduced by 50% to limit radioactive dust
                    Source
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by commander; 13 Sep 14,, 13:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by popillol View Post
                      I don't know why is everybody talking about nukes going off. From what SteveDaPirate said:

So, taking out Pakistan's nukes conventionally is possible. Important thing is timing. Maybe a coordinated attack.
                      Like others have mentioned before USA will not risk it's assets if there's nothing in for it. It is capable of keeping an eye on the whereabouts of the Pakistani Nukes and I am sure even Indian ones. The Pakistani's too will know to not mess with Uncle Sam or it will be the end of its existence unlike India who shares border with it and has to be very very veryyy patient. So unless you give USA a strong reason they are not gonna jump in front of the line to take Pakistan's nukes. Nobody denies the possibility anyway , USA CAN take out the Pakistani nukes but the costs will be dearer since this means another country that might turn to ISIS which is already developing to be a bigger headache than the AQ.
                      Last edited by commander; 13 Sep 14,, 13:24.

Comment

Speaking of nuclear powers, and taking out their arsenals, I would think baby steps would be the way to go.
                        No one here is coming to you for your baby step thinking, you smuck. You know shit all and you talk shit. Keep your infantile rumblings to yourself. You are no expert by any part of the subject.

For your info, you dumb ass. The scenario is for India to start a war, forcing the US to take out Pakistan's arsenal. India starts a war for the US to finish with a nuclear strike. You actually think we're going to allow you to do that a 2nd time? Dumbass.
                        Chimo

Comment

So when someone from a non-nuclear nation threatens us with a 1000 nuke barrage sitting on the shoulders of their neighbor, whose umbrella they shelter under, it is not only not appreciated, it is also a bit amusing.
                          4 Brigade have hands on experience with American tac nukes assigned to it. None of your brigades even seen a nuke. Yeah, I'm sure who is the amateur doing amateur hour here and it ain't me.

You want to play pissing contest about nukes with me? You're going to lose and lose big. Canada has more experience delivering nukes than India by a 40 year margin.
                          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 13 Sep 14,, 18:42.
                          Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            You want to play pissing contest about nukes with me? You're going to
                            lose and lose big. Canada has more experience delivering nukes than
                            India by a 40 year margin.
                            There's only one country that can take a piss on its own here.

And it isn't yours.

Yes you did train to piss for someone else.

When he said you could.

Comment

There's only one country that can take a piss on its own here.

And it isn't yours.
                              Who said anything about countries. I'm talking you and me. You want to talk nuclear war? Bring it.

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                              Yes you did train to piss for someone else.

When he said you could.
                              Well, at least I was trained. You're just whacking off in your dreams.
                              Chimo

Comment

• SB,

You wont see the good Col explaining to you how to put a stent onto someone or a catheter, or how to code a program...

Don't talk big about nukes with him. This is not some contest. If you want to learn something, he is about the best source around here.
                                For all that some of us learned here about the big toys, comes from him. Forget the media hoopla and the chest-trump India and Pakistan exchange.

Comment

Working...
                                X