Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan likely to use Nuclear weapons on India "a few days" into war: US ambassador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pakistani policy on Nuclear weapons use can be compared to a Poker player who goes "All in" in case you try and call. The idea of the Pakistani Nukes is

1. Continue planning and coordinating terror incidents in India and when INdia attempts to do an 'Abottabad', go all in. So if India decides to get Dawood Ibrahim, or the Kandahar Hijackers, or Lakhvi, or Hafeez Saeed, etc..long list really then it threatens war and "all in". Now how many of you would like to go all in with all your life savings? So net net, India balks even with an Ace and King in hand against the Pakistani 2 and 3.. And the Pakistani's take that as victory and prop more groups with plausible deniability obviously.

2. However much denied. Pakistani's know deep inside..their quest is not just Kashmir, It is occupation of India. Sharia in India. Nukes are a part of that objective. Pakistan's aim is not to live in peace with India. Even Afghanistan's subjagation is part of the process. They call it strategic depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by subba View Post
      2. However much denied. Pakistani's know deep inside..their quest is not just Kashmir, It is occupation of India.
      loll. I don't think they are stupid.

Sharia in India.
      Sharia already exists in India. ;)
      Last edited by Tronic; 25 Jun 11,, 05:59.
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Occupation of INDIA? By Pakistan? I knew they were crazy, but not that batshit crazy!
        Ace o Spades in Ninth Hell

Comment

• What problem will USA have, if India defeats Pakistan and prevents nukes from being launched. After all, India can conduct much better anti terrorism operations as it has both the intention and capability to do so? (If the Americans help in destroying Pakistani nukes)
          And is this possible, not accounting China....

Comment

• Originally posted by popillol View Post
            What problem will USA have, if India defeats Pakistan and prevents nukes from being launched. After all, India can conduct much better anti terrorism operations as it has both the intention and capability to do so? (If the Americans help in destroying Pakistani nukes)
            IMO there wont be a defeat per se. Since Pakistan will threaten to take us down with them the moment they realize they are loosing. So we can only contain them but eliminating them is something that can't be achieved until the Nukes are taken care of First. What's more alarming is the chances of the Nukes falling into the hands of the likes of LeT or AQ is more.

By the way you do understand this is a 3 years old thread :confu:

Comment

• Originally posted by commander View Post
              IMO there wont be a defeat per se. Since Pakistan will threaten to take us down with them the moment they realize they are loosing. So we can only contain them but eliminating them is something that can't be achieved until the Nukes are taken care of First. What's more alarming is the chances of the Nukes falling into the hands of the likes of LeT or AQ is more.
              An all-out pre-emptive strike when nobody is even thinking about a war? Are the pakistani nukes already on the missiles? If not, then in a sudden all out war, do they stand a chance of being launched? IAF will be all over Pakistan...
              And if we India made clear to USA that war is the only way forward, won't the Americans be helping to take out the nukes?

Originally posted by commander View Post
              By the way you do understand this is a 3 years old thread :confu:
              I don't want to get scolded for that :red:

Comment

An all-out pre-emptive strike when nobody is even thinking about a war? Are the pakistani nukes already on the missiles? If not, then in a sudden all out war, do they stand a chance of being launched? IAF will be all over Pakistan...
                And if we India made clear to USA that war is the only way forward, won't the Americans be helping to take out the nukes?
                A pre-emptive strike in the heart of Pakistan? I am no military expert but even to me that sounds absurd. The moment India starts to mobilize troops Pakistani generals would sense what's coming and there goes any advantage of a pre-emptive strike. Further a pre-emptive strike is is out of question due to the diplomatical issues that it would create and India would rather sit on the sidelines and watch Pakistan die a painful death rather than do anything.

Comment

Don't worry about it, as long as you are on the same topic, continuing an existing thread is probably preferable to creating a new one to discuss the same thing even if it is old.

I don't recall where I saw it, but at some point I remember reading that the US threatened both Pakistan and India with Enhanced Radiation Weapons to keep them from fighting. The threat being that whichever side escalated to nuclear use first would be attacked by US neutron bombs which would kill the population but leave their cities, and infrastructure intact as a prize for the other side. I wish I could find the source again as I am not sure how reliable it was.

Comment

What problem will USA have, if India defeats Pakistan
                    Not easily.
                    Originally posted by popillol View Post
                    and prevents nukes from being launched.
                    India can't do it.

After all, India can conduct much better anti terrorism operations as it has both the intention and capability to do so?
                    Anti-terror ops are completely different than strategic campaigns. India has not done one since the 70s and the Pakistanis have learned since then.

(If the Americans help in destroying Pakistani nukes)
                    The US doesn't need India's help and India would only get in the way.

China ain't going to stand in the way of an American nuclear strike campaign.
                    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by ace009 View Post
                      Occupation of INDIA? By Pakistan? I knew they were crazy, but not that batshit crazy!
                      Pakistan's Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto wanted to have a "1000 year war" and Gen. Zia wanted to "bleed India by 1000 cuts".In 1971 they wanted to raise Pakistani flag on Delhi's Red Fort but ended up defending Lahore and losing East Pakistan aka Bangladesh.Gazwa-e-Hind is their wet dream.

Kashmir is just a excuse and it would not stop there.There is a common brainwashing done by Pak ISI/Army/Govt that they ruled India for 1000 years and descendants of Moguls. Factually the Islamic Rule lasted hardly 300 years and that also when there were rulers like Akbar who were born in India and were moderate unlike barbarians who tried to convert all Hindus.Those barbarian brains are still alive in the form of ISIS,Al-Qaida,TTP,LeT,JeM etc and well supported by countries like Pakistan.You name a Islamic Terrorist Organization today and Pakistan would be directly/indirectly behind it.

That "bleed India by 1000 cuts" has now backfired really badly and today Pakistan is bleeding with hundred cuts.

All out pre-emptive strike is NOT the need of the hour to counter the proxy war Pakistan is doing.The best is to pay back in the same proxy war and stay in denial mode just like Pakistan do.Attacking Pakistan would unite Pakistan since the ONLY binding force Pakistan has is it's self-created falsified hatred towards it's parent country aka India.

The US-Pakistan love affair almost ended when the killer of 3000 Americans ie. OBL was found living a happy life in his harem of wives well protected by Pak Army.Till then Pakistan milked $$$ Billions of US Taxpayers money and used the aid to strengthen it's own Military against India.

Originally posted by commander View Post
                      A pre-emptive strike in the heart of Pakistan? I am no military expert but even to me that sounds absurd. The moment India starts to mobilize troops Pakistani generals would sense what's coming and there goes any advantage of a pre-emptive strike. Further a pre-emptive strike is is out of question due to the diplomatical issues that it would create and India would rather sit on the sidelines and watch Pakistan die a painful death rather than do anything.
                      I can't term myself as any Defense expert but let me explain.

Indian forces are basically defensive forces and strikes back when attacked. India can't do any "pre-emptive" US style strikes.While US can sit easy and strike/bomb away places thousands of miles away just by drones India can't.Even though India has 3 Strike Corps + 10 Holding Corps and 1 Mountain Strike Corps would be added soon(to deter growing Chinese aggression) India's policy is not taking any pre-emptive strike since it believes in Peaceful co-existence. Unfortunately India is sandwiched between 2 Aggressive and Expansionist Military ruled country ie. Pakistan and China. But still there is a Cold-Start doctrine and Pakistan has no solid reply for this yet.As India is progressing it would get stronger and India is working on BMD so it would help as well to deter any missile attack falling deep inside India. I guess Delhi already have 2-3 levels of this system though I am not sure.

Also Indian Govt lacks vision and strategy and not mature enough to be supporting such strikes.Whereas in Pakistan the Govt is a puppet and ISI/Army calls the shots and can launch attacks very quickly without series of approvals like it's needed in India.

After facing shameful and decisive defeat 1971 Pakistan understood that it's conventional forces can't match India so it would try to be aggressive and threaten India daily by it's nukes which was gifted by China and keep proxy war by hired terrorists from poor families.India showed lot of tolerance by not taking a pre-emptive strike(even after Mumbai and Parliament) and in the long run it paid back.Today Pakistan is burning in it's own fire since the Terrorists it created are hitting them back.Indian Military can sit back and enjoy Pakistan fighting with it's own terrorists. The WOT resulted in 60,000 Pakistanis dead and daily blasts,drone attacks,Shia-Sunni riots,Mafia wars etc so a country in chaos.
                      Last edited by Batista; 12 Sep 14,, 16:21.

Comment

• If India can't take out Pakistan's nukes, but a war is raging and can't be stopped (If Indian political establishment refuse to bow down to sanctions and threats), what will USA do? Bomb both India and Pakistan or take out the nukes of Pakistan herself? If USA threatens to nuke both, then I think India will be loser but if not, India will have solved 6 decades of problem and strategically undermine the Chinese in this region.

Comment

• The world is going to allow you to nuke each other to your heart's content. And then trade you both for any remaining nukes (if there are any) for survival aide. A 400 warhead exchange in the South Continenet is going to create a humanitarian disaster unseen on this planet and if you don't want to trade your remaining surviving nukes, we ain't going to give your hospitals squat.
                          Chimo

Comment

• Why will USA sit idle. Won't USA feel threatened too? If Pakistan is going down along with India, won't it give its nukes to rogue organizations, after all, Pakistan has no love for USA either.

Comment

Why will USA sit idle. Won't USA feel threatened too? If Pakistan is going down along with India, won't it give its nukes to rogue organizations, after all, Pakistan has no love for USA either.
                              What nukes? You're getting clobberred by your worst blood fued enemy and you're telling me that you're going to save your nukes instead of hurting the other guy as much as you can?
                              Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                                What nukes? You're getting clobberred by your worst blood fued enemy and you're telling me that you're going to save your nukes instead of hurting the other guy as much as you can?
                                Oh no, I meant Pakistan, seeing it is going down, giving its nukes to say AQ? That is a significant threat which will force the Americans to act. (or not, i don't know)

Comment

Working...
                                X