Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden is dead and his corpse is in US hands.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House only worth $250,000 not 1 million

Osama bin Laden hideout 'worth far less than US claimed' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
      Eyewitnesses, some of them named, narrating the events they experienced is not 'conjecture'.

Hey, if you have any explanations for the discrepancies and loopholes in the 'official' accounts, go ahead and make your case.

And don't worry about us Pakistanis abroad, we are doing fine. I am making some of these same arguments to coworkers and acquaintances and getting quite a few to agree.
      I do not see any loopholes...

The CIA chief has made clear that he does not trust Pakistanis. Not that I can blame him..Bin Laden stayed in that house for atleast 5 years..less than 2 miles for a major military installation. Pakistan is supposed to be a country at war with the military being frequent targets.It is unbelievable that atleast some aspects of the Pakistani military did not know who was there.

Comment

• Would just love to hear the Pakistani's explanations for this. Outside of the familar "We didnt know". Bullshit, there is no doubt someone had to know and its their obligation to find out who that who really is. Otherwise the US should seriously contemplate any further aid at all and more raids in the Tribal areas.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Nope, a little north-east of that I believe.

abbottabad pakistan bin laden - Google Maps
          I see the site you pointed (A) to and it matches the military photos in shape and size - all these other sites? - the news seems to have it all confused -it doesn't look like it was really that close to the military base - over a kilometer away it appears - and with lots of tall things blocking any line of sight in the way - the news assertion that this was right next to a military base seems suspect here.
          Attached Files
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

• That night vision photo is from the movie Black Hawk Down. Sadly, another faked photo.

Comment

• Bin Ladens last Facebook post.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by InExile View Post
                In California that house would be $2-3 million easy.

Comment

• The activities are all in one-on-one basis. Instructions are being passed through a chain. Most of it is never direct so the top is never implicated "directly". Its the way the mafia runs things.

Who are the caporegimes? Most importantly, who is the boss?

Like it happens with any mafia investigation, I assume trails have been established and dots have been connected. So what stops from taking down the boss?

Ajit ninan has rightly interpreted the predicament. It is so because of the wild card.

Comment

That house was no 'mansion' or anything unusual.

Check out the pictures - rather dilapidated and normal sized. The only thing that was rather large were the grounds ringed by the wall, not the house itself.

All the stuff about 'mansion' and 'unusual construction' is turning out to be baloney and likely very carefully released propaganda to pile pressure onto Pakistan by the US establishment.

And as far as unusual construction goes, see a description of a nearby house from the same Guardian article:

But there was no sign of life from a nearby property, about 50 metres from Bin Laden's back wall, with a high perimeter wall and two watchtowers. Neighbours said it had been built three years ago by a man whose family has long owned property in the area. The nameplate read: Major Amir Aziz. Locals said he was a serving Pakistan army officer. Despite repeated rings on the doorbell, he refused to answer.

Osama bin Laden's last hours come into focus as White House revises its story | World news | The Guardian
                    AM, you are giving in to wishful seeing. This property is 8x larger than most neighboring houses. Reporters on the scene say that it covers an area about 2 football fields. It's built, as you can see there, like a fort, and it's towering over the reporters and military personnel standing around. When it was built in 2005 the hill had practically just this house. Oh, that other suspicious property nearby: as you said, owned by a major of the Pakistani army.

So now we know. You can have a house like this without problem in Abbottabad..... if you are a part of the Army or the security aparatus.

Comment

• Can I just say one thing?

I am enjoying the extreme discomfort and denials and whinging displayed by the Pakistanis on this thread. Just had some popcorn and some nice lagers of beers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Pakistanis, take a hint! The Obama Administration is doing everything it can NOT to allow the US House to declare War on Pakistan. And be advised, China is not going to stop the US!
                        Harboring Bin Laden is why we went to war in Afghanistan.

I personally don't care one bit about the politics and how much we "need" Pakistan. We will get to the truth, and Pakistan can either turn over the people responsible for sheltering OBL or face the consequences.

Nothing else will do, imo.

With OBL they crossed a line that we can't ignore.
                        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea View Post
                          Harboring Bin Laden is why we went to war in Afghanistan.

I personally don't care one bit about the politics and how much we "need" Pakistan. We will get to the truth, and Pakistan can either turn over the people responsible for sheltering OBL or face the consequences.

Nothing else will do, imo.

With OBL they crossed a line that we can't ignore.
                          In full agreement with you.

Comment

• EVERYONE......

Just went back and reread the last 24 hours of posts....that's 45 minutes of my life back that you all owe me!

Things appear to have calmed down again....good.

Knock off the flaming and the name calling...keep it professional.

If things get ugly again I will come back and lock the thread.

If you have joined WAB and are entering into discussion here for the first time and have not checked in the Members Introductions thread located here Member Introductions you better get over there and introduce yourself to the membership. Failure to do so will result in a banning....I haven't banned anyone yet in my tenure as a mod....don't make me do it today.

Keep the noise down...you are harshing my mellow.

Carry on.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Musharraf just gave an interview to one of the local anchors here. When asked how nobody knew OBL was living there. He mentioned a story he heard on the TV (in Dubai) that none of the kids living in the neighbourhood had any clue ie the locals did not have any idea.

Therefore its not fair to expect the security services to have had any suspicions

What

Comment

• Well, no photos will be released now.

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama says the White House will not release a photo of Osama bin Laden's body.
                                Obama made the remarks during an interview Wednesday with CBS' "60 Minutes."
                                The White House had been weighing the release of a photo, in part to offer proof that bin Laden was killed during a raid on his compound early Monday.
                                However, officials had cautioned that the photo was gruesome and could be inflammatory.
                                U.S. forces stormed the compound in Pakistan where bin Laden was hiding, then shot and killed the al-Qaida leader.

Obama will not release photo of bin Laden - Yahoo! News

Comment

Working...
                                X