This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    What is mind boggling is that we all know that Putin does not want a war. He's bluffing. He's putting everything he got into the bluff. Mihas is right. A single determined Ukrainian battalion forcing the surrender of a single Russian company and this is all over.
    His bluff is working to some extent. The Ukrainian authorities are hesitant to move against the separatists, ostensibly for fear of a Russian incursion to protect the separatists. They should have acted with more forcefulness from the gitgo. Now the separatists have increased their hold and are becoming more audacious. The attack on the pro-Ukrainian demonstrators day before yesterday was an opening, but so far nothing.

BTW, where would a Ukraine battalion meet a Russian company if Russia doesn't invade?
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Do you think there are not already Russian military units operating within Eastern Ukraine?
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Couldn't Ukraine just wait until late May, when the 40,000 Russian troops on the border are reaching the end of their deployment?

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
          Couldn't Ukraine just wait until late May, when the 40,000 Russian troops on the border are reaching the end of their deployment?
          Blame the victim much? By the end of May of they don't somehow contain these self-defending militia, 1/2 the country will be gone.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Blame the victim much? By the end of May of they don't somehow contain these self-defending militia, 1/2 the country will be gone.
            I was thinking of division level movements (or a dozen or so battalions)

My sympathies are with the Ukrainian people. It's just that those "militias" don't seem to be gaining very much traction even in the three easternmost provinces, though it's possible the little green men could become a lot more prolific in the next few weeks.

Comment

U.S. Taped Moscow Plotting Chaos
              More concrete evidence that Russian operatives are in East Ukraine. But what I found illuminating is how strong Kerry's language is.

Examples:
              “Right now there is not a negotiation; there is a confrontation. I’m sad to report I’ve never seen such a complete, miserable, unaccountable, disgraceful walk away from a set of promises and understandings than what has taken place,” Kerry said. ““I’ve had six conversations with Lavrov in the last weeks. The last one was kafta-esque, it was other planet, it was just bizarre. Nobody is better at telling you that red is blue and black is white… That’s what we are dealing with.”

"“I’m not convinced he’s made the decision to cross the line with his troops because then it’s absolutely no question that its full force sector sanctions, energy, banking, finance, technology, arms, you name it, they are all on the table,” Kerry said"

And regarding the topic of whether sanctions can work or not, I think that the Russian declaration "there will be no invasion of E. Ukraine", reflects Russian concern when Kerry uses language he used in his second quote (above).

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                What is mind boggling is that we all know that Putin does not want a war. He's bluffing. He's putting everything he got into the bluff. Mihas is right. A single determined Ukrainian battalion forcing the surrender of a single Russian company and this is all over.
                The bad thing for determined Ukrainian battalion is that the Russian company is invisible. Little Green Men. Invisible Men.

Comment

The Ukrainian biathlonists - sisters Valya and Vita Semerenko, who gained the gold medal of Sochi-2014 in Biathlon Women's 4x6km Relay, may become Russians. The reason for such a decision is the Biathlon Federation of Ukraine still owes them prize money for the Sochi victory.

According to Valya the final decision is not made yet.

СеÑтры Семеренко могут принÑÑ‚ÑŒ роÑÑийÑкое гражданÑтво | Ðовини на Gazeta.ua

Vita Semerenko

Oh these Little Green Men!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MrSecond; 29 Apr 14,, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    1. Andrew, your history is incorrect. The Baltics are Balts and have a Nordic/Germanic background and history. They are not of the Eastern Orthodox religions as a rule. They were part of other empires prior to their winnig their independence in 1920. The USSR illegally occupied them in 1940 and they regained their independence when the Soviet Union crumbled.

They are free and independent countries.

2. And this is your warning from a moderator. Again, advocating for the subjugation and take over of sovereign natiosn will not be tolerated on the WAB. Any further activities or suggestions of thsi sort will result in disciplinary actions.
                    What subjugation are you talking about?
                    I know the history of the Baltics very well.:)
                    And just like in 1940 the peoples of these countries liberated themselves from nationalists and peacefully joined the USSR, they will be welcomed back to the Eurasian Union in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew View Post
                      What subjugation are you talking about?
                      I know the history of the Baltics very well.:)
                      And just like in 1940 the peoples of these countries liberated themselves from nationalists and peacefully joined the USSR, they will be welcomed back to the Eurasian Union in the near future.
                      The part where you said this

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                      Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are Russian territories temporary occupied by the West.
                      I'm sure they are next in the Kremlin's list.
                      Just wait a moment till the Ukrainian affair is finished
                      And "peacefully" joined the USSR? Are you fucking high or just an idiot?
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                        Do you think there are not already Russian military units operating within Eastern Ukraine?
                        Please provide some proof of this. If you can claim this, I can easily claim that there are western provocateurs that overthrew the central government or even better, that the Internet is controlled by CIA men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                          Please provide some proof of this. If you can claim this, I can easily claim that there are western provocateurs that overthrew the central government or even better, that the Internet is controlled by CIA men.
                          I will call you to prove it without claiming anything. I win.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            The part where you said this

And "peacefully" joined the USSR? Are you fucking high or just an idiot?
                            Iuppiter iratus ergo nefas.

The Baltics are now subjugated by ultranationalist powers with the general support of the West.
                            I'm sure the Latvians, Lithuanians, and Estonians will liberate themselves in the near future with the helping hand of the Russian population of these countries.
                            And eventually will joyfully rejoin the rest of the post-soviet space in Putin's Eurasian Union.

Comment

• Andrew,

Your understanding of history sucks.

And Here's a hint....don't fuck with a moderator.

Last warning.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• I have a question to all.
                                Why is the Russian point of view on these events so irritating for the western public?

Comment

Working...
                                X