Club K missile system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club K missile system

Anyone familiar with this Russian concept?

The specialized containers are made by Kontsern-Morinformsistema-Agat and the cruise missiles are manufactured by Novator. Modules resemble any standard 40' shipping container. From what I understand, three modules comprise a system... Universal Launching Module (ULM), Combat Management Module (CMM) and the power supply module and Life Support Module (ES & LSM). They can be moved into place via truck, rail, or cargo ship and would be very difficult to detect. I believe the range is 300km. The missiles are married to satellite guidance which minimizes operability by a non-state actor. All things considered, this could play hell with a carrier.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
    Anyone familiar with this Russian concept?

The specialized containers are made by Kontsern-Morinformsistema-Agat and the cruise missiles are manufactured by Novator. Modules resemble any standard 40' shipping container. From what I understand, three modules comprise a system... Universal Launching Module (ULM), Combat Management Module (CMM) and the power supply module and Life Support Module (ES & LSM). They can be moved into place via truck, rail, or cargo ship and would be very difficult to detect. I believe the range is 300km. The missiles are married to satellite guidance which minimizes operability by a non-state actor. All things considered, this could play hell with a carrier.
    Or give someone an excuse to bomb everything and anything that looks remotely like a shipping container on the coast line.

More seriously, is this the missile targeted by the Israeli strike last week?

Comment

no those were anti ship ones fairly standard I think.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakhont
      Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

The Klub K cruise missiles by Novator belong to this family...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_K
        sigpic

Comment

I remember seeing the cartoon advertising from Rosonboroexport a couple years ago. Scary concept, not sure I like seeing it operational.
          "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

I remember reading about this somewhere on this forum.

It would be cool if we can put a few of these on a smaller container ship. Add a few ESSM, also in containers. Bolt couple of Phalanx systems and a few 3" guns. And we have a modern commerce raider.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
            X