Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In current Russia-Georgia conflict, who is right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering, if Saakasvilly introduced english as the 2nd national language, would it help him to score better in the eyes of the West? :)

Comment

• Russia is not going to invade the Middle East,new prophecy says.
      News and Views: Russia not about to invade Mideast : New Prophecy

Comment

• You bet it!

He is US trained and so he is doing well, even though he is incompetent as this conflict has shown!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
          Then the Russians should learn English!
          The sheer number of Russian-speaking newbies on WAB should give you an idea about number of Russians learning English

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
            If the Chinese are learning, what stops the Russians?";)

Gavaroo pa Englishki!

I am sure that Russians are not so dumb as they want to make them out to be here!;):))

You would be surprised how many Russians believe that Americans are uneducated swellhead.

I am one of them
            (joking)

but now I regret that I studied French and German, instead of English. On the other hand - I understand English freely, and even talk from time to time with my English-speaking partners. In any case, it is dozens of times easier to learn English, than to learn German after the French (my first foreign language).

BTW I'm not a maniac =) , but some of my classmates are - now they know from 3 to 6 languages. As for me - I like maths much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by BFG View Post
              You would be surprised how many Russians believe that Americans are uneducated swellhead.

I am one of them
              (joking)

but now I regret that I studied French and German, instead of English. On the other hand - I understand English freely, and even talk from time to time with my English-speaking partners. In any case, it is dozens of times easier to learn English, than to learn German after the French (my first foreign language).

BTW I'm not a maniac =) , but some of my classmates are - now they know from 3 to 6 languages. As for me - I like maths much more.
              Your English is pretty good,

Using an online translator?

Or are you naturally gifted?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                Your English is pretty good,

Using an online translator?

Or are you naturally gifted?
                Thanks!

gifted... ? Not in languages - that's for sure.
                30% of my posts are written with help of google translate.

My brother is gifted. 3 (En. Fr. Esp) learned at school (same school as mine, but i chosed advanced maths instead of third and i'am more than happy with it). And now, after academy of foreign trade, he added Italian, German and Chinese

Free education - another legacy from USSR. with Nukes, navy, air forces... ;)

Comment

• I've heard that the average USSR conscript was better educated than the average American soldier during the 70s and 80s (being better educated does not equal to being better trained though)

Comment

• Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                    I've heard that the average USSR conscript was better educated than the average American soldier during the 70s and 80s (being better educated does not equal to being better trained though)
                    It depends on how you define education doesn't it. The average American may only speak 1 or possibly 2 languages, but is much more likely to be a wise with technology and mechanics. Those being things rare in Russia until recently while Americans grew up with them.

In terms of raw scores the US out scores Russia, but both countries also have much larger populations than the top scoring countries. Where America really starts to shine is our post secondary education. primary and secondary education is consumer education, while our colleges are tools of social and economic advancement.

Comment

• I doubt that the education system can be compared directly. There as i lack of good business administrators - it's obvious. And no one wants to be a scientist - wages are lower than that of some secretaries. So the 80% is useless. But if you are smarter then average - you can do something amazing on this base.

Comment

• Try to learn russian language and you'll see what is really difficult.
                        But we'll have to learn chineese soon....all of us)))

Comment

• O.o welcome back Zhucha :).

Is your opinion based on demographics or military capability?

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            O.o welcome back Zhucha :).

Is your opinion based on demographics or military capability?
                            He has been banished.

Wonder why?

Hence, you are talking to yourself!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• well

this is a link from Csmonitor.com

Behind checkpoints, a look at Russian actions in Georgia | csmonitor.com
                              the link below is on the article in the link above
                              ReliefWeb » Map » Satellite Damage Assessment For Tskhinvali, South Ossetia, Georgia (as of 22 Aug 2008)
                              the JPG loads better than the pdf it shows the dmg assesment using satelites of Tskhinvali and the villages surrounding it.

Generally csmonitor.com is not as biased as iht or other mass media outlets but thats just my opinion.
                              Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Injecteer View Post
                                Just wondering, if Saakasvilly introduced english as the 2nd national language, would it help him to score better in the eyes of the West? :)
                                Might have understood "Don't, you'll lose!".

Comment

Working...
                                X