Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    I'll drive it for you Sir.

I'd be honored to be your track driver if we ever found ourselves headed into battle.
    M21,

Thank you. Thank you. I am extremely honoured.

For the rest of you who may not understand. M21Sniper has just offerred to refuse to allow me to fail. I want the rest of the forum to understand the honour you've bestowed upon me, a non-American officer.

Comment

1, 300 M113 Gavins In Combat In Iraq Now

1, 300 M113 Gavins are in COMBAT in Iraq NOW.

50% of an Army Heavy Division moves by M113 Gavin variant light tracked armored fighting vehicles.

The problem the other 50% not in M1/M2s are riding in vulnerable wheeled trucks based on the silly WWII notion that there are "safe" rear area.

The Army's 4 light divisions have ZERO armored fighting vehicles.

There are 700 M113 Gavins in Kuwait ready to be put into use, are easy to operate and maintain. If there is a will, there is a way.

The question is are we going to face the reality on the 21st century non-linear battlefield NOTHING must roll on air-filled rubber tired trucks.

Details:

http://www.geocities.com/paratroop20...rykersfail.htm

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by murphyslaw
        1, 300 M113 Gavins are in COMBAT in Iraq NOW.

50% of an Army Heavy Division moves by M113 Gavin variant light tracked armored fighting vehicles.

The problem the other 50% not in M1/M2s are riding in vulnerable wheeled trucks based on the silly WWII notion that there are "safe" rear area.

The Army's 4 light divisions have ZERO armored fighting vehicles.

There are 700 M113 Gavins in Kuwait ready to be put into use, are easy to operate and maintain. If there is a will, there is a way.

The question is are we going to face the reality on the 21st century non-linear battlefield NOTHING must roll on air-filled rubber tired trucks.

Details:

http://www.geocities.com/paratroop20...rykersfail.htm

Carol
        You've just failed to completely to impress me! You know crap! I've stated a 1000000000000 times. The M113 HAS NEVER BEEN NAMED THE GAVIN! That is just some Airborne's sick dream to honour a hero. Those 700 M113s, if they're in any conditions like I saw the M109s in Saudi (and they are), they are in no operational status!

You've just failed to impress real live service members.

Comment

Probably half of the 700 could be made to work in short order by cannibalizing the other half.

The M-113 is an exceedingly simple vehicle, that's why it's lasted so long.

Comment

Working...
          X