Top Ten Chinese Military Modernization Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sumku View Post
    By this logic, Credit for every single Ballistic Missiles[in whosoever's arsenal's it is]should go to Germans[remember their V2's]
    Chinese. They invented the rocket (ie fireworks).

Comment

Assyrians (Babylonians?) for developing missile weapons. It's a good thing they're extinct, or the royalty payments would be astronomical.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumku View Post
        By this logic, Credit for every single Ballistic Missiles[in whosoever's arsenal's it is]should go to Germans[remember their V2's]
        I don't think so. Actually, USA, USSR were also developing Ballistic Missiles. And they had same kinds of rocket, base on the same theory of German V2. But the German V2 was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          Chinese. They invented the rocket (ie fireworks).
          Actually the first working rockets ( sword tipped ), were made by Tipu Sultan which he used against the British Army. These rockets were shown to an American who stated research on it and came up with some stuff.

I agree too, the V2s were the best.
          " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Nope, a lot earlier

The History of Early Fireworks and Fire Arrows

Comment

Correct, as per recorded history, Its the Chinese

Comment

Someone much smarter then I am told me this.

#1 most powerful Chinese weapon: Gave NCO a good pay and free housing so he can support his family. not just him more responsibilities.

As today, a NCO third grade can bring home 1700 RMB a month and a possible 800 more of hazard pay if he is stationed at Tibet/Xinjing. With free housing, that is good money for Chinese standard. in 1988, a NCO third grade got about 120 RMB and his wife was not allowed to live in the barracks, child care? forget it.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                If I have to list the top 10 military development, it would be (in no particular order)

1) Deng Xia Peng cutting off defence funds, forcing the PLA to get their heads out of Mao's butt hole.

2) The 1979 1st Sino-VN War which woke the PLA up,

3) The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan which showed the PLA's reliance on terrain didn't really stand a chance.

4) The Kuwait War which showed just how far behind the Chinese were.

5) General Cao Gangchun, a combat experienced gunner in the 1984 2nd Sino-VN War, who had the clout to get money and the management skills needed not to waste it (well, not as much, this is an army after all).

6) Brigadization - litterally chopping the fat out of division and forming a single brigade out of the Hero Regiment (ie, the shock regiment) and getting rid of the other other two half ass regiments that were not up to par.

7) War Zone Campaign - the 1st real attempt at a cohesive military doctrine since the People's War garbage.

8) A Great deal of R&D and not afraid to make mistakes. The Light Mechanized Regiment is the example. I see a whole lot of mistakes being made but the Chinese are learning in what not to do - which is far more important than learning what to do.

9) A real combined arms thinking. Currently, the LMR is a single battle group, the 1st time I've seen such a formation in the PLA. The battle group concept dates back to the Wehrmacht during WWII.

10) Patience. General Cao has stated that he needed 20 years just to produce the officer corps needed for a true modernization effort.
                Last edited by xinhui; 23 Jun 08,, 06:52.
                “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                X