No announcement yet.

China Threatens U.S. Alliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hate to see a war between China & the USA. The Chinese have a very big army and many would die. How would he attack China or would China attack the USA? I'm sure the US Navy has more ships even though the Chinese have more men. An attack thru North Korea & Taiwan would be the first steps.

Comment

Originally posted by lwarmonger
      We wouldn't lose many in a war against China. Our fleet would blow China's fleet and air force away, and then selective strikes would be made against key industrial and military targets within China, while a total blockade was formed around China's coast. Minimal loss to the US, and absolutly crippling to China's ability to sustain a conflict (imported raw materials, especially oil, are essential).

No problem at all.

And it gives the US an opportunity to crush China sooner, rather than later. Regardless of whether one thinks China's economic growth will continue at the same pace or not, I think everyone can agree that it would be an easier conflict now than in the future.
      Y ou say American can win so many war against China without lose,and please tell me the reason why they lose in korea war ,and vietnam war in which Chinese arMy directly involved.Chinese air defence system is very tough,China is the first country to shot down Jet with ground --air missile.Chinese air defence troops shot down nearly 3000 various american jets in vietnam war.
      Please don,t show off the superiority of American army,it may be useful to Iraq,furthermore,it,s not easy for American army to tear chinese troops to pieces.

Comment

"Y ou say American can win so many war against China without lose,and please tell me the reason why they lose in korea war ,and vietnam war in which Chinese arMy directly involved.Chinese air defence system is very tough"

America did not lose in Korea and Chinese units did not engage in ground combat during the 2nd Indochina War.

"China is the first country to shot down Jet with ground --air missile."

Could have sworn that was the USSR with a U-2. But China was the first nation to lose a plane at the hands of a guided infared missile...

"Chinese air defence troops shot down nearly 3000 various american jets in vietnam war."

And to think could have sworn that was done mostly by the NVA/VC and much of that in the South.

"Chinese air defence system is very tough"

the USAF/USN were planning to crack a much bigger nut then that...

"The Chinese have a very big army and many would die."

Who cares? Would not make a difference if they added 3 million men to the PLA. What are they going to do swim out to CBGs? Make a human bridge to the ROC? They will be sucking their thumbs in a USAF/USN show crushing the PLAAF/PLAN.
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

With such a huge army the Chinese could use trench warfare to beat the US.

Comment

Jeremy, no offense, but you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

If the US faces down China it will be in the Taiwan straight...a body of water.

It will be a fight of air and naval forces...their army will have nothing to do but hide in bunkers in such a scenario.

Comment

Why would China fight in a Bay when they don't have a big navy? The Chinese know they can't win at sea too. They will defend the coasts with 500,000,000 people so no D-Day invasion would work. The US would take years just to get the men overthere.

Comment

meeeh, neither the US nor the Chinese want a war with each other. Under that assumption, Taiwan cannot be saved! The only thing keeping a full scale attack is China's interest in economic development. A war against Taiwan can bring them back a few years.

The US would only supply weaponry. It won't commit its forces against the Chinese. It will win, no doubt about that... but the losses won't be acceptable.

Comment

Why would the US fight on the Chinese mainland? China would be the invading, not the defending. If all they wanted to do was defend themselves they wouldn't be at war with the US. And if they are doing any invading the USN would destroy them.

Comment

I don't understand China passing it's anti-scession law of Taiwan in the first place. It is provoking, and causing other countries to stand back and re-group. The arms embargo considered being lifted by France and Germany. If this happens, the US Congress regards the lifting of the arms embargo as a little declaration of war from Europe. It will take revenge through trade.

China using aggression may never happen, but "historical experience and China's sheer future supremacy," calls for caution where other countries are concerned....and Japan will surely enter.

Comment

"Why would China fight in a Bay when they don't have a big navy? The Chinese know they can't win at sea too. They will defend the coasts with 500,000,000 people so no D-Day invasion would work. The US would take years just to get the men overthere."

Because they want to conquer Taiwan, and the only way to get there is to cross the Taiwan straight.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the US to invade China. It would be stupid.

Comment

I read somewhere that it'll take about 30 days for the US carriers to arrive in Taiwan.

Would Taiwan last 30 days? I don't think the US would launch an attack once its Chinese occupied territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          I read somewhere that it'll take about 30 days for the US carriers to arrive in Taiwan.
                          72 hours from Okinawa if they're in port and that's even assuming that they have nothing on board and rushed to fill its stores.

Would Taiwan last 30 days? I don't think the US would launch an attack once its Chinese occupied territory.
                          The question is could the PLA last 30 days? They could but under the most ideal of circumstances and the most limited of goals, certainly not a complete conquest of the island.

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                              With such a huge army the Chinese could use trench warfare to beat the US.
                              Even if it did come down to a direct confrontation between the US army and the Chinese military (Korea is the one place I can see this happening), the Chinese would lose. Our tanks are vastly superior to theirs, and trench warfare does not work in the face of superior air power and armour. The US would never invade China, but completely cut it off from supply

Originally posted by essay
                              Y ou say American can win so many war against China without lose,and please tell me the reason why they lose in korea war ,and vietnam war in which Chinese arMy directly involved.Chinese air defence system is very tough,China is the first country to shot down Jet with ground --air missile.Chinese air defence troops shot down nearly 3000 various american jets in vietnam war.
                              Please don,t show off the superiority of American army,it may be useful to Iraq,furthermore,it,s not easy for American army to tear chinese troops to pieces.
                              We never lost in Korea, and we chose to withdraw from Vietnam. Korea was a stalemate, and we killed over a million Chinese in exchange for some 50000 American soldiers (and that was against the North K's as well). Your air defense forces are nothing compared to what we were prepared to go up against in Central Europe, and your army is nowhere near the calibre that the Soviet army was. We would cut China off from the rest of the world with our fleet, and then pound it into the ground with our airforce and navy. The only place China could come to grips with the US would be Korea, and China's supply lines would be torn apart by American airpower, and then US armour would take care of what was left. There is nothing in the Chinese tank inventory that can match the original M-1, much less the M-1A1 or the M-1A2. Today, China has no chance at even inflicting serious losses on the US, much less winning.

Comment

The Chinese couldn't occupy the whole island. Even given a full year, it simply wouldn't happen. They don't have the air forces, the naval forces, or the transport capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X