This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    First you give a faulty statement, then I should have come up with a conclusion that was to be drawn from that faulty statement. Really grown up.

US warmed relations with India, and her relations with Pakistan are (officially) strained.
    2014 is near, troops will go home, Pakistan will be for Chinese to handle. Something like NORK if they don't change something. And with their own problems on both sides of the border. Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam (!!!), Philippines... all the way down to Australia everyone feels a bit itchy about growing Chinese nationalism and military power. Russia is friendly now, but for how long? All that said Chinese mil budget ain't THAT great.
    Pakistan will be for Pakistanis to handle. They are plenty smart to handle their affairs.

What's with the triple exclamation marks after Vietnam? Are you mistaking it with Vienna? And if you think Vienna and the Philippines are going to give China any headache, you need to have your head checked.

China's military budget is of course not high. China knows how to allocate her resources. Best economic growth in the world in the past 30 years.

Only idiots over-spend and over-pay their hard earned money on toys they cannot make.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdude View Post
      China's military budget is of course not high. China knows how to allocate her resources. Best economic growth in the world in the past 30 years.

Only idiots over-spend and over-pay their hard earned money on toys they cannot make.
      Right, which is why China spent well over 10% of her budget on the military until the 90s and was the largest importer of arms until 2011. Troll harder will you?

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
        Right, which is why China spent well over 10% of her budget on the military until the 90s and was the largest importer of arms until 2011. Troll harder will you?
        hilarious, when did China eve spend 10% of her GDP on defense?

Comment

hilarious, when did China eve spend 10% of her GDP on defense?
          There's this fascinating new website called google. Try using it.
          Military Spending

Comment

• Enough with the pissing contests. There's only two members on this thread who has an actual say, actually one, and he ain't talking.

This was a pure Sundarji and Rie show. Not once did anyone raised a weapon. They were lifting banners for crying out loud. Instead of chest beating yourselves, why don't you guys actually look at what happened?

I may be wrong here since I don't have access to Chinese inner thinking but the Chinese must have known the Indians were not going to back down. What I'm thinking here is that both sides have now agreed to where their expansion stops. For pete sakes, the installations built thus far is for warmth and a toilet, not machine gun bunkers ... but they do represent a claim.

St Peter's water mucasins, both sides have stopped expansions without threat and without violence. Am I the only one herw who recognize masters at work?

Comment

There's this fascinating new website called google. Try using it.
              Military Spending
              And where in the article does it say China spend 10% of her GDP on defense?

Comment

And where in the article does it say China spend 10% of her GDP on defense?
                Dude, you live in the silicon valley and yet you cannot use Ctrl-F. Don't expect me to spoon-feed you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Enough with the pissing contests. There's only two members on this thread who has an actual say, actually one, and he ain't talking.

This was a pure Sundarji and Rie show. Not once did anyone raised a weapon. They were lifting banners for crying out loud. Instead of chest beating yourselves, why don't you guys actually look at what happened?

I may be wrong here since I don't have access to Chinese inner thinking but the Chinese must have known the Indians were not going to back down. What I'm thinking here is that both sides have now agreed to where their expansion stops. For pete sakes, the installations built thus far is for warmth and a toilet, not machine gun bunkers ... but they do represent a claim.

St Peter's water mucasins, both sides have stopped expansions without threat and without violence. Am I the only one herw who recognize masters at work?
                  Sir, while there never was any military confrontation, the Chinese have won the propaganda war. From what I've understood from your previous posts, this was their exact objective in the 1962 war as well. How, then, can you attribute this thinking to Nie Rongzhen?

Comment

Dude, you live in the silicon valley and yet you cannot use Ctrl-F. Don't expect me to spoon-feed you.
                    List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2% for China, this is the SIPRI's estimate. Where is your 10% of GDP coming from? Somebody's basement?

Comment

Sir, while there never was any military confrontation, the Chinese have won the propaganda war.
                      Really? The Chinese asked for some installations to be dismantled. Not going to happen.

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                      From what I've understood from your previous posts, this was their exact objective in the 1962 war as well.
                      Be careful here. A propaganda victory hides a military disaster.

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                      How, then, can you attribute this thinking to Nie Rongzhen?
                      Deterrence is not war fighting. The Chinese have now deterred further expansion of Indian military installations.

Comment

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2% for China, this is the SIPRI's estimate. Where is your 10% of GDP coming from? Somebody's basement?
                        What part of "until the 90s" do you not understand? SIPRI's estimates are for 2013. I even posted a link about historical military spending for your majesty, all you need to do is read it.

Comment

Really? The Chinese asked for some installations to be dismantled. Not going to happen.
                          The Indian govt and army have been caught on the backfoot. The conflicting statements coming out of the govt, army and politicians have given them an air of incompetence. The very fact that the Chinese could pitch those tents under our noses in the first place was a public humiliation. Admittedly, the Indian media has made this into a circus, but the stain of being caught with pants down won't go away. Is that not a propaganda victory?

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

Deterrence is not war fighting. The Chinese have now deterred further expansion of Indian military installations.
                          Sure, the IA won't be building bunkers on the frontline. But this drama will only speedup the infrastructure buildup in the rear - roads, airfields and such.

Comment

What part of "until the 90s" do you not understand? SIPRI's estimates are for 2013. I even posted a link about historical military spending for your majesty, all you need to do is read it.
                            LOL, your "source" says China's defense spending has been rising 12-15% a year. So from 10% to 2% of the GDP in 20 years, China's GDP has to grow 20% a year. Your "source" didn't graduate highschool.

Need a better source.

Comment

LOL, your "source" says China's defense spending has been rising 12-15% a year. So from 10% to 2% of the GDP in 20 years, China's GDP has to grow 20% a year. Your "source" didn't graduate highschool.

Need a better source.
                              I'm not going to teach you math here, but your calculations are wrong. China's budget (NOT GDP, do you know the difference?) has to only grow 8% a year for the numbers to add up.

Comment

And what of Chinese military installations? and border roads? Chinese military installations exceeds Indian military installations. I am not happy with the way GoI has handled this affair.

Comment

Working...
                                X