Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then OOE, how do we force them back to their lines without firing a shot? Can we cut off the LoC by posting a platoon behind their line of advance and block any reinforcements?

Or even better yet, arrest them for trespassing and when they start shooting, India automatically wins the propaganda battle and then they can start firing back, including flattening the post.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 02 May 13,, 23:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      Then OOE, how do we force them back to their lines without firing a shot? Can we cut off the LoC by posting a platoon behind their line of advance and block any reinforcements?

Or even better yet, arrest them for trespassing and when they start shooting, India automatically wins the propaganda battle and then they can start firing back, including flattening the post.
      I'm the amateur here watching two masters at play. Do recall that deterrence is not warfighting and neither India nor China wants a war because they lose. I don't even begin to have the knowledge to figure out the two masters here. China seems to be reacting to a first move by India who set up some permanent structures. China countered by a limited physical presence. India responded by her own physical presence. China put up another tent as escalation (in strictly military terms, a friggin tent is escalation?)

It's a dance of the masters that I'm really not qualified to comment on but fascinating to watch. There won't be a shooting war but how they can dance their way out of this, I'm fascinated to watch.

Comment

Then OOE, how do we force them back to their lines without firing a shot? Can we cut off the LoC by posting a platoon behind their line of advance and block any reinforcements?

You can start with removing their tents. Go there without any weapon nor equipment and remove them with your hands. There may be a "battle" with fists, sticks and stones but make sure you are not the one who shoots first but the first one to take casualty. Film the whole process.

Or you Indians can do better than that like you did in your fight for independence. Step up to your enemy, take their blow without fighting back until they are the ones who step back.

If you handle it carefully with dignity and courage, they may leave before it escalates to bayonet, knives and then a shooting war.

Even in case of a shooting war, it must be clearly justified with China as the aggressor.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
          What is the harm in avoiding conflict?...Remember that war is a failure of diplomacy.
          This gives enough time for the armed forces to prepare for anything.

If this leads to war, then it will be a stalemate.
          As long as the forces are not encroaching on our lands, I don't see a problem. But the longer the enemy remains on our land, the greater the chances and risks we lose legitimacy to the lands encroached. After all, possession is 9/10th of the law and this have been generally proven over the history of mankind.

Comment

As long as the forces are not encroaching on our lands, I don't see a problem. But the longer the enemy remains on our land, the greater the chances and risks we lose legitimacy to the lands encroached. After all, possession is 9/10th of the law and this have been generally proven over the history of mankind.
            Very true in most cases, but in DBO sector, there Chinese platoon is freezing in sub-zero temp, and this is the lovely summer season. Come winter and they will have to leave anyway.

However, that is not an option and we have to wait and see how the game is being played. The foreign minister's trip looks doomed as the Chinese have not yet confirmed it. IMO, if it is not confirmed, then it should be scrapped and options with the Security Committee should be explored.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              I'm the amateur here watching two masters at play. Do recall that deterrence is not warfighting and neither India nor China wants a war because they lose. I don't even begin to have the knowledge to figure out the two masters here. China seems to be reacting to a first move by India who set up some permanent structures. China countered by a limited physical presence. India responded by her own physical presence.
              Sir, the Chinese have been developing their defense/communication infrastructure with complete freedom, but when we do the same they are objecting.
              They have been enchroaching upon some areas in a slow and systematic manner. We have countered it by some very aggressive patrolling. In fact this political team of the PLA had come in about 30km and where pushed back by the Indian border patrol to where they are deployed.
              They want us to dismantle our own defenses, which is unacceptable.

China put up another tent as escalation (in strictly military terms, a friggin tent is escalation?)
              Escalation in the sense - that instead of withdrawing, they have increased the logistics.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Media here is reporting that China has pulled out its troops from DBO sector and as a result of this Indian troops also have retreated. It is not mentioning how many kilometers they have with drawn to.
                It is so. It cant be otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohan View Post
                  Media here is reporting that China has pulled out its troops from DBO sector and as a result of this Indian troops also have retreated. It is not mentioning how many kilometers they have with drawn to.
                  As long as they return to the original line, I don't care. But if not, the indian troops need to stay where they are and verify that Chinese troops are not in Indian land.

Comment

• "China-India stand-off at Ladakh ends, armies withdraw: Press Trust of India

Ladakh: India and China have simultaneously withdrawn their troops from the face-off point at Daulat Beg Oldie near the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh, PTI has reported, quoting official sources. Reportedly, the agreement was reached after high-level negotiations from both sides and the withdrawal was completed at 7:30 pm.

This ends the deadlock that began when Chinese troops set up camp 19 kms into Indian territory in the Depsang Valley in Ladakh on April 15. Soon after, India has set up its own post just 500 kms away."

Bold part , I'm not sure if its our DDM or some major compromise by our clowns in power

Comment

• 500kms?

Anyway, nice resolving. What was achieved by the Chinese?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        500kms?

Anyway, nice resolving. What was achieved by the Chinese?
                        To make a point that chinese do not recognise LAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IND76 View Post
                          To make a point that chinese do not recognise LAC.
                          If that is the case, then why the hell should India recognize LAC? India should move some troops beyond the LAC or even take the Askin Chin back as a way of saying fuck you to the Chinese.

Comment

• I was thinking something more like testing the Indian response. Both in time, as well as in troops.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              I was thinking something more like testing the Indian response. Both in time, as well as in troops.
                              Well that is a bad way. You just ran the risk of starting up a war or conflagration that you cannot control.

Comment

• Surely looks like a calculated risk. Non-combatant platoon with 5 tents. Is that enough for war or huge scale conflict?

Comment

Working...
                                X