No announcement yet.

Afghanistan news reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a tactical level, i wonder why we haven't put more effort into anti-mortar laser technology. on a more operational level, why not just declare korengal open season to USAF?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
      Here she is in all her glory :)
      Remote control, the traditional way:

Comment

Romanian SOF officer honored posthumously with U.S. Bronze Star Medal | EUCOM, Stronger Together

The man was a legend among his own boys.A very special officer and a very special man.The report on his death is somewhat incorrect.He was mortally wounded as the last man to board the helicopter as the joint force came under heavy fire.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Present Arms! My condolences to his family and friends for their loss. Too many fine men and women lost in a war that I've found impossible to justify since late 2007. They are token offerings to face-saving policies incapable of generating any substantive change on the ground.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Present Arms!

God Bless.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rest in Peace.
                My condolences to his family and friends.
                sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Use of Excalibur "Spikes" in Afghanistan

See link below:

DoD Buzz | Excalibur Use Rises In Afghanistan

Im not currently at a location where I can find any further info on this. Should be at Bragg later this week. If I can provide any details on target types or why the increase I will share.

Regards

Arty
                  "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Another new low...

BBC News - Afghanistan: Eight-year-old girl 'used in attack'

An eight-year-old girl has been killed after insurgents used her in a bomb attack on police in southern Afghanistan, the government has said.

The interior ministry said insurgents gave the girl a package and told her to take it to a police vehicle, detonating it as she approached.

No-one else was killed in the explosion, in Uruzgan province.

The incident came a day after an attack on a hospital which killed at least 38 people in the east of the country.

Dozens were injured. Elderly people, pregnant women and children were said to be among the casualties.

'No respect'

A statement by the ministry described the Uruzgan incident as a "crime and a shameful act".

"The child, pure-hearted and in good faith, took the bag and moved towards the police vehicle," it said.

"As she got close to the police vehicle, the enemy detonated the bomb by remote control, killing the innocent child."

The governor of Char Cheno district, where the attack took place, told the BBC the girl was from the nearest village.

She was told nothing would happen to her, he said, adding that the perpetrators had "no boundary, no respect for anything".

Correspondents say insurgents have recruited both adult women and recently male children to carry out suicide attacks, though the Taliban denies recruiting children.

Comment

• Unbelievable but...sadly, too believable.

THIS is for what the Pakistani people provide sanctuary.
                      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• WTF that is just a new low in cowardly... fkin ridiculous.. all these evil fks will burn in hell!
                        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• My very sincere condolences for a pure and innocent little life. May her soul rest in peace in heaven.
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Guys,you are dangerous for the well being of mankind.If one of those lovely chaps falls in your hands,you are likely to commit crimes against humanity by smacking him.You will be put to trial,I'm warning you.

I'd better end now,before expressing my true feelings.
                            Those who know don't speak
                            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• An eight-year-old girl has been killed after insurgents used her in a bomb attack on police in southern Afghanistan, the government has said.

The interior ministry said insurgents gave the girl a package and told her to take it to a police vehicle, detonating it as she approached.
                              In the words of General Sherman: "Kill em, kill em all" - I might add - first beat em purple and then keelhaul em, all cold and clammy like - on big sharp barnacles, in heavy brine filled with trebble hooks...
                              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

• If I were the U.S. Army and captured this (these) guys I'd forewarn the mother and then take them to her for further identification. If Kipling was correct about the wounded lying on the fields of Afghanistan then that mother would know what to do. I'm sure she could quickly locate a knife or two.

I wouldn't see a damned thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X