Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pak using Aarogya Setu app to target Indian military: Army

Huh!
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• NIA arrests ex-BJP candidate in case related to Davinder Singh
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• J&K: Colonel, Major among 5 personnel martyred in encounter with terrorists in Handwara

The price we pay for the scum Pakistani Army. RIP.

Comment

• ISI eliminating dissidents taking advantage of Covid-19: Experts

Comment

• Post ICJ, India tried to persuade Pakistan through back channel to release Kulbhushan Jadhav: Harish Salve

India knows how to handle countries like Pakistan: Ram Madhav

Strong language there. This man is to watch out for. Not a hawk, neither a dove.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              It was 5 paras last month and now the CO of RR. WTF is happening. It is increasing looking like as if the Paks hold control over how much the situation boils.
              BTW what was the CO doing at the site, isn't he supposed to be at the HQ area. One would expect the 2IC or S3 to be on the ground checking things out....
              Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• ^ No idea.

GoI needs to give permission to the Army to light up all Pakistani positions along the LoC & the IB. Maybe then the Pak terrorists in uniform would understand. And, why in hell are we not targeting Pak Generals inside Pak is something I don't understand. We're losing our officers, they should too, @ twice the ratio. An eye for an eye will make the world blind. Pakistan will get blinded much before India does. So that applies well.

India will give proportionate response to all acts of terrorism by Pakistan: Army chief

With all due respect, Sir, instead of giving statements, please display some action. Big and bloody one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                  It was 5 paras last month and now the CO of RR. WTF is happening. It is increasing looking like as if the Paks hold control over how much the situation boils.
                  BTW what was the CO doing at the site, isn't he supposed to be at the HQ area. One would expect the 2IC or S3 to be on the ground checking things out....
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 17.04.05.png
Views:	2
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1478904

This is how their respected terrorist media reported it. The whole country is a terrorist cesspool. Citizens do not sign up to join the Indian Army, to die in peace time. Pakistan is itching for a war, they should get a final one. We should be done with Pakistan ASAP, then turn our focus on China. India needs a mad man as PM, another mad man as HM, a third one as NSA. I did not expect BJP to fail India in this front. They don't have any policy w.r.t dealing with Pakistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    [ATTACH]48589[/ATTACH]

This is how their respected terrorist media reported it. The whole country is a terrorist cesspool. Citizens do not sign up to join the Indian Army, to die in peace time. Pakistan is itching for a war, they should get a final one. We should be done with Pakistan ASAP, then turn our focus on China. India needs a mad man as PM, another mad man as HM, a third one as NSA. I did not expect BJP to fail India in this front. They don't have any policy w.r.t dealing with Pakistan.
                    Man that's just wishful thinking. AFAICS, there is no consolidated opinion on how to deal with Pak, or at least that's how Paks read the situation. The sad thing about the whole situation, is that the loss of these soldiers wouldn't have any impact on status of Kashmir. Pak might think that the 'death by a thousand cuts' will chase away India from Kashmir just like how they thought they did to USSR and USA in Afghan.
                    Kashmir is different, India is fighting for one of her own states, if push comes to shove, I only expect India to up the ante rather than give up Kashmir.
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• https://indianexpress.com/article/in...-crpf-6393613/

Fresh attach in Handwara, 2 jawans critical.
                      Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• SInce everyone, including FATF is distracted by COVID, Pak wants to make hay while it shines...
                        Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

He won a medal for gallantry in 2018 when he was a Lt.Col.

He's an officer that leads from the front, has been in earlier operations and well i guess he got unlucky in this one.

Last time we lost a CO in such operations was 2015.

It's not unusual for CO's at the Col. level to be involved in operations.

Less so for the brigadier Sector commander above CO.

And the 5 paras lost btw was bad luck where they stepped into the snow and fell into the burrow these perps were hiding in. Call that a freak accident.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 05 May 20,, 09:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                            He won a medal for gallantry in 2018 when he was a Lt.Col.

He's an officer that leads from the front, has been in earlier operations and well i guess he got unlucky in this one.

Last time we lost a CO in such operations was 2015.

It's not unusual for CO's at the Col. level to be involved in operations.

Less so for the brigadier Sector commander above CO.

And the 5 paras lost btw was bad luck where they stepped into the snow and fell into the burrow these perps were hiding in. Call that a freak accident.
                            I am saying that this strategy of "leading from the front" is not smart. The primary job of officers is to plan and it is the job of the NCOs to execute the plan with further insight from the officers. I am not saying that one role is better than the other /inferior to the other but there is a reason why we have an Officer core and NCO core.

The fact that the CO was at ground zero of the operation along with the Coy Commander wasn't smart. The CO is supposed to be further up planning and overseeing the whole operation. If the CO was at ground zero then who was at the HQ? If there are complications and need additional assets to be deployed, who was going to do that if the CO become incommunicado as what happened this time. Also didn't anyone in the IA realize the PR bonanza for the enemy if a high ranking officer gets hit. I understand that the morale of the IA will be fine, even pissed off by this incident. But think of the enemy, this will serve as a recruitment call that a 'ghazi' with 6 months of training was able to kill a Hindu infidel with several years of training.

If the Colonel was a part of some elite team with a specialized role for such ops then it's fine but this time it is the CO of the unit. I am not from IA and have never taken part in combat ops. But all the exercises and training that I have been through always treats the HQ as the holiest of the holies be it the Platoon HQ/ Coy HQ/ Bn HQ/ Brig HQ. The CO never leaves the HQ tent and if the HQ area ever comes under attack from Opfor then it is a straight failure of the exercise. I realized this the hard way during an exercise when a simulated Opfor tank came near the HQ tent within firing range. We were initially declared as failed the exercise, in the end they passed us when we convinced the umpires that the HQ would have detected a real tank and also that CO wasn't in the area :)
                            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• Sleuths warn of suicide bombings using J&K recruits

Comment

Man that's just wishful thinking. AFAICS, there is no consolidated opinion on how to deal with Pak, or at least that's how Paks read the situation. The sad thing about the whole situation, is that the loss of these soldiers wouldn't have any impact on status of Kashmir. Pak might think that the 'death by a thousand cuts' will chase away India from Kashmir just like how they thought they did to USSR and USA in Afghan.
                                Kashmir is different, India is fighting for one of her own states, if push comes to shove, I only expect India to up the ante rather than give up Kashmir.
                                When there's no policy, the only policy should be to kill 5 PA regulars + ghazis in exchange for the loss of 1 of ours. I am with any GoI that thinks it's time to let the tanks roll into Pak territory.

Comment

Working...
                                X