Stone pelting a conspiracy by Pakistan and its agents in Kashmir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Btw, Ambidex, DE is centre-left. But his views are centre-right. The only thing permanent is change. Change doesn't happen overnight. It takes time. :D
    I respect that. People evolve as they learn. I started as a centre-left secularist. My qualification and training of a certain kind instinctively started telling me that it is not working and there is something sinister in it and a remedy is needed.

My encounter with people who run politics using religious resources and agenda but give a lecture on secularism.

My debates with the minority who celebrate sacrifices of their own people as a favour done but the sacrifices of Hindus as a part of the deal to keep this union alive.

Me observing these moral values paddlers talking only about ideologies sans facts and then blaming the Hindu cultural inertia for their consistent failures.

Othering Hindus from their internal matters but leaving no stone unturned to interfere in the matter sensitive to us expedited my transition.

The list goes on and on. It changed me, I realized that only RW Hindus are textbook true secularists and under their watch, this union will thrive the most and the adversary doesn't want it to happen because they know it makes sense.

It anaesthetized me to be guilt-free defending own's rights first and favour with a price tagged on it.

The very first remedy exercised by many like me was consolidation to elect Modi.

Look where we stand today, the hidden sinister contempt is out today. The synthetic polished hunky-dory Nehruvian Idea of India is dead.

Now we can work on a truce and rise out of this 70 years of mediocrity.
    Last edited by ambidex; 18 Aug 19,, 14:02.

Comment

Btw, Ambidex, DE is centre-left. But his views are centre-right. The only thing permanent is change. Change doesn't happen overnight. It takes time. :D
      On social matters i'd think i was liberal. On defence & finance right. On defence i'd say my views would align with the RSS pretty well.

Where the problem begins is if these guys are not in office. They then become opposition and i would consider their views less than govt of the day.

Difficult act to pull off but necessary.

I don't think a right finance view is compatible in India. Unless the middle class gets much bigger. I fail to see anything right in what the BJP implements in this space that qualifies. They make the right sounds but delivery is anything but. We will leave this point for another thread.

Another quirk about the Indian right, is it can loop back on the left as Alyssa Ayres mentioned some time back. BMS is a commie workers union. No chance of labour reform unless they assent. Another point to leave for another thread.

Many times people have asked me what does this left & right mean as they aren't terms that originated here but in France and then onto the wider west. Until the commies came about there was no organised left to speak off. So in India these terms apply but loosely.

Cultural say language chauvinism is well defined. Other matters less so. You see similar patterns but they won't be described this way in the press here as they would in the west.

N.B.: United Kingdom & Canada - these countries are the hotbed of Pakistan's islamic terrorism' fake narrative and Khalistani ******s. Do we care? A little. These extremists will one day shed blood on the streets of those countries as also demand a separate land for themselves to be carved out from those countries. Should we care? Absolutely not. UK and Canada cannot say we didn't warm them. We did our part. We did enough.
      So long as they are out of India they are somebody else's problem. Inside India they become our problem.

Punjab took a decade to sort out. Do people have similar expectations of Kashmir post 370 ?

Hmm, this would be ambitious. Given that the alienation has endured for longer, starting after the rigged elections of '87

Watch the opposition keep slamming the govt because results are slow in coming so it must have been a wrong decision. It will likely get worse than better in the short term. Opportunities galore to trip the govt up. We will have to keep plodding on and believe thing will get better. Face it, they did in Punjab.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Aug 19,, 19:17.

Comment

• The Lok Sabha had discussed the issue of revocation of the special status of Kashmir even in September 1964. A news report dated September 12, 1964, states that there was a unanimous demand for Kashmir’s full integration with India in the Lok Sabha the previous day. It was Prakash Vir Shastri’s private bill that was being discussed and, as was reported, there was “unexpected support from Congress who together with members of the Opposition, pleaded that the time had come to end the uncertainty about the State’s future. One way was to scrap Article 370.”

That discussion was inconclusive
        Perfidy of opposition parties never ceases to amaze me. Of course the bastards agreed because then they were in power.

Well, why was it inconclusive then. Nehru was not there to stop it having passed from the scene only a few months prior.

There is normal traffic plying on the streets of Srinagar and prayers have been held in mosques. These are positive signals — but apparent normalcy should not be mistaken for real peace. The usual scaremongers in the media and social media will have to be pre-empted. In this game, he who has the first say has the advantage. Denials or counters do not have the same effect. No relaxation of security measures would be advisable.
        Very good

Veteran Kashmir watchers say a reaction in Kashmir does not come the day, week or month after. It comes a year to a year and a half after.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Aug 19,, 20:28.

Comment

• Ah, you're warming up to Sushant after all : )

In other words, much of what the Pakistanis are screaming about hasn’t actually changed.
          More Indians need to accept this as well. Just the other day i was arguing with some fellow who said, when J&K is over we should move on China. And i'm thinking why is he declaring victory when the fight has not even begun.

The threat to review bilateral agreements is a signal that Pakistan could revoke some bilateral treaties — including the Simla Agreement and Lahore Declaration. Some analysts like Ankit Panda believe that since the current LoC was formalised as a result of the Simla Agreement, the LoC will become open for contestation and it will be a signal that Pakistan is ready to risk war.

But this is a game that two can play — India could always retaliate by revoking the Indus Waters Treaty.
          Interesting idea

Pakistan could ratchet up tensions along the LoC and indulge in sabre-rattling in the hope that the international community gets badly spooked and intervenes between India and Pakistan. This is a ploy that the Pakistanis have used many times in the past.

Already there are reports of Pakistan beefing up troops along the LoC and International border. The possibility of Pakistan actually indulging in some adventurism across the LoC to push the envelope cannot be ruled out. It might appear irrational and foolish — but simply because everyone thinks Pakistan would avoid going down this slippery slope is the reason why this cannot and should not be ruled out.

Conventional wisdom suggests that with bankruptcy staring them in the face, Pakistan just doesn’t have the resources to risk even a limited conflict. But this is precisely what Pakistan did in the past. At the time of Kargil, the Pakistani economy was literally scraping the bottom of the barrel — yet, the generals decided to risk a wider war by intruding into Indian territory.
          Possible

Finally, there is the information war that Pakistan will unleash.

It will deploy its media corps and troll corps to manufacture a poisonous narrative — with some help from jihadi journalists working in the Indian media.

All stops will be pulled out to incite hatred, instigate violence and create disturbances using fake news. The Indian state and security agencies have their work cut out for them in this domain — one of the areas where the Pakistanis score a lead over India.
          If they are better at this then they will do it.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Aug 19,, 22:12.

Comment

• This guy had it all, topped the civil service exams, had a career in the Indian civil service and then he decided to get into politics. He's cooling his heels now in Srinagar after trying to make a run for Istanbul. The govt was not interested in dealing with some potential head of a govt in exile. All this from a guy who lost his dad to militants because dad refused to help them.

Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Aug 19,, 22:09.

Comment

• Shah Faesal is either an opportunist (more likely) who's seen the vacuum created by the Abdullahs and the Muftis and wants to create his own personal fiefdom in Kashmir, or he's lost his mind to militant islam (less likely). You see, it is this people who create trouble for themselves and the entire muslim community.

Btw, Reham Khan has said in many TV channels and interviews that Im the Dim hobnobs with terrorists, is a drug addict and a paedophile. Not that we don't know that already.

View: I'm no more an outsider in Kashmir - Aarti Tikko Singh

Why not 'British Occupied Ireland', Shekhar Kapur asks BBC
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• I bookmarked many articles during my travel to Kolkata. I'm posting those below.

An open letter to Kashmiris - Mohammed Wajihudin

An independent Kashmir will be eaten alive by Pak-China, and its residents will be subjected to concentration camps just like in Xinjiang today.

Govt pitches in to help Valley residents celebrate Eid with traditional fervour

Police, law and order to be under Centre in UT of J&K, land under elected govt

Jaish suicide squad in J&K, say security officials

Hehehe. FATF, yeah right.

We are 'misplaced' since 1947, say PoK displaced
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Some more:

For those who say Modi and the BJP are communal -> Key triple talaq petitioner Ishrat Jahan ties rakhi to PM Modi

Indian Army rejects as 'fictitious' Pak military's claim of killing 5 Indian soldiers along LoC in J&K

Reckless Kashmir move to have consequences that India can't control: China - Goebbel Times.

Pakistan struggles to get traction on Kashmir, links it to Afghanistan

How long will you play the same script? This present Government of the Union of India doesn't care.

'You are a thief, don't deserve to represent us': Pakistan representative to UN heckled in US

Lol.

Britain’s Labour MPs question India on Kashmir to please their Pakistani-origin voters

Hmmm. The Brits are trying to create an impression that they are important. You're not. Move on.

The Jammu and Kashmir Pakistan does not want to talk about - Tilak Devasher

Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s lies exposed from Kashmir to Bangladesh

Violent protests outside Indian mission in London, PIOs hurt

Pak PM Imran Khan’s friend joins anti-India stir in London

Pak PM Imran Khan questions world’s silence, warns of severe repercussions

Condemn India or I'll just do drugs and bacha bazi.

Focus of J&K police to isolate terrorists, not let them mislead people: DGP

If talks are held with Pakistan, it will now be on PoK: Rajnath Singh

I posted this earlier. Pakistan had every chance to mend its ways and make the LoC an IB. They didn't. Now they are going to lose PoK, Gilgit-Baltistan.

Comment

• This is as of today, and interesting -> In New Kashmir, separatism may be new political pariah

Comment

• Kashmir: India’s Afghanistan, Jihadi ambassador is back! Enjoy!

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MuluakLP3nE

And check out how the Paks have edited the speech to try to portray it as a fail. I never imagines that they could be so shameless...
                          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Britain’s Labour MPs question India on Kashmir to please their Pakistani-origin voters

Hmmm. The Brits are trying to create an impression that they are important. You're not. Move on.
                            This will not do !

First part you missed is they were Labour MP's. 43 in number and they roped in a couple of SNP members

Next, this is the opposition so amounts to squat.

Finally, the govt in office ie the Tories did not participate in this. On the contrary one of their MP's posted this

Ok ?

So this is not Brits but British "government officials". Remember how we got our chains yanked with this "govt officials" term when it came to Doklam and one congresswomen mouthed off some nonsense ?

These are free countries. If people want to protest outside the Chinese embassy in Delhi about Uighurs or Tibet why does GOI stop them ? are we not a free country too....

Now, keep in mind, Boris, their PM at the moment has an India connection. When i saw him talk at the India conclave earlier this year there was something odd. He seemed very comfortable talking in Delhi. As if it was at some Asian fund raiser in England. Found out later his ex-wife is half sikh whose grandfather was Khuswant Singh.

As for how important the Brits are, consider as a result of the Salisbury poisoning they managed to get Russian diplomats kicked out of 28 countries.

How soon will be able to get Pak diplomats ejected from as many countries next time we get hit ?

We have business interests in the UK. Nearly 900 Indian companies there. Jaguar is Indian owned. A UK that thinks globally would be interesting to know better.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Aug 19,, 09:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              This will not do !

First part you missed is they were Labour MP's. 43 in number and they roped in a couple of SNP members

Next, this is the opposition so amounts to squat.

Finally, the govt in office ie the Tories did not participate in this. On the contrary one of their MP's posted this

Ok ?

So this is not Brits but British "government officials". Remember how we got our chains yanked with this "govt officials" term when it came to Doklam and one congresswomen mouthed off some nonsense ?

These are free countries. If people want to protest outside the Chinese embassy in Delhi about Uighurs or Tibet why does GOI stop them ? are we not a free country too....

Now, keep in mind, Boris, their PM at the moment has an India connection. When i saw him talk at the India conclave earlier this year there was something odd. He seemed very comfortable talking in Delhi. As if it was at some Asian fund raiser in England. Found out later his ex-wife is half sikh whose grandfather was Khuswant Singh.

As for how important the Brits are, consider as a result of the Salisbury poisoning they managed to get Russian diplomats kicked out of 28 countries.

How soon will be able to get Pak diplomats ejected from as many countries next time we get hit ?

We have business interests in the UK. Nearly 900 Indian companies there. Jaguar is Indian owned. A UK that thinks globally would be interesting to know better.
                              I did not miss anything. Britain is a hotbed of Khalistani and islamic support centers. I wouldn't be amazed if they're still trying to create an impression that they are important. They're not.

Comment

• Coming generations of Kashmiris deserve better. Let’s give peace a chance

Comment

Working...
                                X