• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
    Damn. You got it too?
    Ok I'l give you a hint.
    Their favourite line is this:
    We Are the Borg. You Will be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
      Ok I'l give you a hint.
      Aaaaah. :)

In a robotic voice with a fixed stare.

I actually am reminded of my college days here, some wild all night after parties at Salunke Vihar hill top, but back to topic ......

Comment

Yes we do. And it needs to have grown on and from our soil. Not transplanted. Blood and soil.
        No we don't

There has never neded to be state support. This is happening and has happened at the level of the people, naturally, organically.

People will find a way to talk, to communicate, in a way each can understand the other. Obviously Hindi has been the easiest route, and the path of least resistance, and hence has spread from the Hindi heartland to almost all corners of the motherland.
        People on their own can and should choose to do whatever is to their advantage and pleasure. If they want to speak in esperanto and can put up with any associated hardships, bully for them.

If people choose Hindi, so be it. But let them choose, do not fore it on them.

I take pride in speaking Hindi as well. Shuddh (pure/proper) Hindi. Kanpur/Lucknow style. Not the ayenga jayenga khayenga batata bhaaji tapori mumbaiyya (bastardized) Hindi. It does not come in the way in the pride in my own mother tongue, Marathi. Nor the pride I have in my Maratha lineage.
        Your paternal lineage is UP Brahmin, right? Of course I would expect you to seak shudh Hindi. Its your heritage.

The Tamils are clinging to this resistance and outrage out of ego. I mean give me a break man. They aren't even No. 2 in the pecking order. Of the major regional languages they are No. 4, behind Bengali, Telugu, and Marathi. None of whom to my knowledge have a problem speaking or understanding Hindi. The Tamils have tried to pull the Kannadigas and Malyalis into their agenda (as can be seen here) but quite simply, the same enthusiasm is simply not there, fringe protests and grumblings notwithstanding. The Telugu speakers have traditionally been aloof to this nonsense anyways.
        What does pecking order have to do with it? Why do you need to force them? Let them choose on their own. If they see value in Hindi, surely they will come around.

As has been shown, there was no front track so there can accordingly be no back track.
        Nothing has been shown.

Modi ji will continue to speak only in Hindi and that is enough for me and millions of other Indians.

Jai Hind.
        He is a free Indian, he can speak in garwhali, for all I care. Does not mean he has any right to tell me what I should speak in.

Also, unlike you and "millions of other Indians" I tend not to treat the government people as "Mai-baap" and follow blindly what they do or tell us to do. They are servants of the nation, not rulers. Your beloved Modiji said as much.
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

SB you still didnt get it.
          Given your view on Hindi and disparaging 'Deal with it its inevitable' attitude to non hindi speakers, You are the Borg.

To give a counterview, let us look at Bangalore.
          Kannadigas did not suddenly get all northie loving and start spouting hindi.
          The huge migration of people from all states caused hindi to come up in a big way as they typically dont speak anything else.
          When IT finally collapses, they will leave chasing the next big thing and the Kannadigas will still speak kannada only.

I do have to concede one point to SB of Nine, traders and businessmen in the new northie dominated areas quickly learnt passable hindi, the better to fleece the customers.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
            Ok I'l give you a hint.
            Points deducted for not mentioning Seven of Nine. In fact, lets chuck this language business and make this thread about Seven of Nine :)
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Modi ji will continue to speak only in Hindi and that is enough for me and millions of other Indians.
              Well, he better speak only in Hindi only, we wouldn't want him being a butt of jokes like former President Zail Singh.

In lighter, vein everyone becomes a "G" when he reaches Delhi, look at the new PM, people are now calling him Modi G ....Rahul G is asking his mother is Modi is a distant cousin.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                Which obviously made you jump onto it to defend your honor
                Look who is talking, a pathological liar who was blaming others but it was never the case.

Lots of sabre rattling from the Hindi types.

Meanwhile, we have this:
                ^^ This is what you were saying and you were told to fuck off civilized way and asked humbly not to invent lies.

Now you are personally attacking others by using words like honor etc.

People are seeing all your types, who are grasping at straw, when whole thread has been debunked.
                Last edited by ambidex; 21 Jun 14,, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                  Well, he better speak only in Hindi only, we wouldn't want him being a butt of jokes like former President Zail Singh.

In lighter, vein everyone becomes a "G" when he reaches Delhi, look at the new PM, people are now calling him Modi G ....Rahul G is asking his mother is Modi is a distant cousin.
                  On Pakistani talk shows, everyone is Saab. Mian Saab, Zardari Saab (also called Doctor Saab, as apparently he has a PHD in politics), Modi Saab (when they talk about Modi, even Hafiz Saeed Saab.

Comment

Originally posted by ambidex View Post
                    Look who is talking, a pathological liar who was blaming others but it was never the case.
                    What pathological liar?

Comment

Aaaaah. :)

In a robotic voice with a fixed stare.

I actually am reminded of my college days here, some wild all night after parties at Salunke Vihar hill top, but back to topic ......
                      Your college after parties were spent speaking in robotic tones?

Weird parties you have there. Our chaps spent the night puking and passing out.

Comment

Points deducted for not mentioning Seven of Nine.
                        Well we cant have that. Here ya go
                        Attached Files

Comment

No we don't
                          Yes we do.

People on their own can and should choose to do whatever is to their advantage and pleasure. If they want to speak in esperanto and can put up with any associated hardships, bully for them.

If people choose Hindi, so be it. But let them choose, do not fore it on them.
                          That's what I have been saying. No one is forcing. In fact it is the Tamils and their system at the state level which is forcing kids not to learn Hindi at school. Why not offer is an option at least? No choice? Double standards?

Your paternal lineage is UP Brahmin, right? Of course I would expect you to seak shudh Hindi. Its your heritage.
                          I don't know what gave you that idea man. I am a pureblood Maratha. Dad side is a long northern line from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's times, with large landholdings at the time of Independence. Mom's side originally from similar martial lines hailing originaly fromTalegaon, then settled in Mumbai over the last two centuries in the cotton trade (raw cotton, not mills).

What does pecking order have to do with it? Why do you need to force them? Let them choose on their own. If they see value in Hindi, surely they will come around.
                          No one is forcing them to do anything. Se above. It is their own insecurities and the agenda of their own politicians to which they are dancing without understanding the larger picture.

Nothing has been shown.
                          Modi ji is still going to speak in Hindi. Governement level social media messages will still be in Hindi. As will all official communications. As they have always been. Where is the change or backtracking?

He is a free Indian, he can speak in garwhali, for all I care.
                          He is a free Indian who represents and spearheads 1.25 billion free Indians in front of the world. What he speaks, how he speaks it, and in which language he speaks, are all extremely important.

Does not mean he has any right to tell me what I should speak in.
                          He has not.

Also, unlike you and "millions of other Indians" I tend not to treat the government people as "Mai-baap" and follow blindly what they do or tell us to do. They are servants of the nation, not rulers. Your beloved Modiji said as much.
                          For me he is Modi ji first. That he is also my PM is an added bonus.

Comment

What pathological liar?
                            Lots of sabre rattling from the Hindi types.

Meanwhile, we have this:
                            This is what you wrote. But it was other way around. The whole issue was blown out of proportion by non Hindi types.

Comment

Originally posted by ambidex View Post
                              This what you wrote. But it was other way around. The whole issue was blown out of proportion by non Hindi types.
                              I agree. Its the "non Hindi types" who have this massive chip on their shoulder. As if someone is defrocking them of their glorious multiple thousand year history.

We "Hindi types" are most chilled out. Fair skinned arrogant overly aggressive and violent thick headed open defecating crude wife beating woman raping fanatical Hindu barbarians from the mythical Northern plains which are supposedly overrun by bovine life forms.
                              Last edited by sated buddha; 21 Jun 14,, 09:19.

Comment

Your college after parties were spent speaking in robotic tones?
                                Have you seen girls fresh out of high school in small towns who come to the big city far far away from family and friends and get stoned for the first time?

Weird parties you have there. Our chaps spent the night puking and passing out.
                                Nothing weird about our parties. Guys (or girls) puking is the biggest turnoff to any party. Especially so if they are room mates. And you cannot drag yourself out of your bed to another room. After he's projectile vomitted and passed out in his own puke. Yuck.
                                Last edited by sated buddha; 21 Jun 14,, 09:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X