Deadly riots in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadly riots in India

Muslim and Hindu riots turn deadly as 26 people are killed day after three villagers die in protest | Mail Online
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Those are the official numbers. The riots have spread to rural areas and the numbers might be big.
    It is so. It cant be otherwise

Comment

But... but... only BJP can cause riots! Communal... Modi... not secular...

Anyone wanna bet these riots will be brushed under the rug, while Gujarat 2002 will be bandied about for another 100 years?

Comment

It was Muslims killing Hindus. So these are secular riots, not communal ones. I'm sure the state government of UP will make sure the reverse does not happen. The Chief Minister actually appeared wearing a Muslim Skull cap while talking to the media about the riots, to ensure that people understood whose side the government is on. Most of those arrested are also Hindus. All is well. I can sleep in peace knowing that India's secular credentials are intact.
        Last edited by Firestorm; 09 Sep 13,, 20:09.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
          But... but... only BJP can cause riots! Communal... Modi... not secular...

Anyone wanna bet these riots will be brushed under the rug, while Gujarat 2002 will be bandied about for another 100 years?
          The blame game has already started with the BJP, BSP and RLD accusing the SP of trying advance its political interests by polarising voters. They demanded imposition of central rule in the state.

On the other hand, according to police officials, one of the inception points for the violence is a "fake video" posted on YouTube and other social networks that wrongly claims to show two hindu men being lynched by a Muslim mob while they were protecting the honor of their "sister", went viral on internet and also started circulating through mobile phones.

BJP MLA Thakur Sangeet Singh Som shared the video on his Facebook profile asking people to see "what is going on in Muzaffarnagar"....

Although you were being sarcastic, but the instigation for the flareup does point towards the BJP MLA....I'm no fan of the SP, but the saffron supporters seem to over look the evil of their own party.

The situation in Muzaffarnagar started deteriorating since August 27, when two youths of the Jat community were beaten to death in Kawaal village. One youth from the minority community was also killed in the clash. The clash occurred over the alleged incident of eve teasing.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Well the lynching was real. The two young men who were killed were identified on the news. They even showed their pics. It is possible the MLA got duped by the fake video as well, although you never know with politicians. They are an inherently untrustworthy species, regardless of political affiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
              Well the lynching was real...
              No doubt about that, I'm just pointing out that the "video" was of an incident that took place in Pakistan in 2010, when two men were lynched by a mob,...and the BJP MLA spread it claiming that it was of Muzzafarnagar.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                No doubt about that, I'm just pointing out that the "video" was of an incident that took place in Pakistan in 2010, when two men were lynched by a mob,...and the BJP MLA spread it claiming that it was of Muzzafarnagar.
                Whatever be the content of the video, the underlying story of the video is true. Two Hindu boys were lynched by a Muslim mob.

I wonder how it will be the rest of the minorities if Islam becomes the majority in India or attains critical mass?

Like it or not, BJP is the lesser of the evil in comparison to all the other parties, this is coming from a congress party family boy!

Kerala is a powder keg, waiting to explode.

Comment

Then why wasn't the CM of Utter Pradesh under investigation for failing to provide law and order? After all, standards must be maintained.

Congress' and the Indian left wing media's hypocrisy are astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
                    Whatever be the content of the video, the underlying story of the video is true. Two Hindu boys were lynched by a Muslim mob.
                    For eve teasing a girl who happened to be a muslim. We all want crimes against women punished, don't we! Those boys got village justice.
                    Would it have been ok with you, if the mob was made up of hindus?

I wonder how it will be the rest of the minorities if Islam becomes the majority in India or attains critical mass?
                    That is food for thought.

Like it or not, BJP is the lesser of the evil in comparison to all the other parties, this is coming from a congress party family boy!
                    For me all political parties are to blame, Congress, SP and others for appeasement, BJP and its ilk for rabid communalism. Unfortunately, 2 BJP MLAs have been booked for spreading the fake video, if we go back to 2011 in Hubli, we see the same trend of BJP using communal tactics to polarise votes. (BJP, Sangh Parivar behind Pakistan flag-hoisting: Yatnal - The Hindu and Pakistani flag hoisting was a Hindutva plot to foment strife, police say - The Hindu).

People who come to power in such a fashion, will only take us down hill.

Kerela, is unfortunately the result of appeasement politics.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
                      Why do you need to wonder? There is one Muslim majority state in India. And it is a paragon of secularism. All minorities from the state are absolutely safe. Those who don't live there anymore that is.

Comment

I just saw this and didn't realise it going on for a month

Hindu girl's complaint mushrooms into deadly Indian riots
                        It began in the smallest of ways, when a teenage Hindu girl complained to her family that she'd been verbally harassed by a Muslim boy.

The girl's brother and cousin allegedly responded by going to the teenage boy's home and shooting him to death. Reacting to that, members of his family and others in the Muslim community allegedly beat to death the brother and cousin.

From that spark in late August, violence in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh has escalated, with the death toll reaching 31 on Monday as police locked down the area and the prime minister called for calm.
                        Last edited by anil; 11 Sep 13,, 07:32.

Comment

Western UP is a tinderbox of several competing ethnic groups. Jats, Yadavs, Gujjars, Pasthuns, Rayeens, Ahirs, all vie for political dominance over these areas. The Jats are the most powerful in Western UP.

Honour killings are also a norm in this region, and things have reached this point because of such tit for tat killings. The UP government, living up to it's reputation, allowed these killings to go on in their already lawless state. The families demanded police intervention, but the police didn't seem bothered about getting involved. Then, the government sat aside watching the Jats mobilize en mass by calling together a "Maha-Panchyat" (Grand Assembly), which pretty much sanctioned war against the Muslims of Muzzafarnagar.

Politicians from India's two biggest national parties, not wanting to let the opportunity slide, went rushing to both sides and started rooting for them to kill each other, hoping that would rake in a couple of extra votes in the upcoming elections.

Dirtbag politicians will be dirtbag politicians, and UP will be UP..

I guess that would dissect the issue a bit better, rather than the oft generalized "Hindus vs Muslims" which never tells the whole story and is merely used by dirtbag politicians to score brownie points without addressing the crux of the real issue.
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                            Western UP is a tinderbox of several competing ethnic groups. Jats, Yadavs, Gujjars, Pasthuns, Rayeens, Ahirs, all vie for political dominance over these areas. The Jats are the most powerful in Western UP.

Honour killings are also a norm in this region, and things have reached this point because of such tit for tat killings. The UP government, living up to it's reputation, allowed these killings to go on in their already lawless state. The families demanded police intervention, but the police didn't seem bothered about getting involved. Then, the government sat aside watching the Jats mobilize en mass by calling together a "Maha-Panchyat" (Grand Assembly), which pretty much sanctioned war against the Muslims of Muzzafarnagar.

Politicians from India's two biggest national parties, not wanting to let the opportunity slide, went rushing to both sides and started rooting for them to kill each other, hoping that would rake in a couple of extra votes in the upcoming elections.

Dirtbag politicians will be dirtbag politicians, and UP will be UP..

I guess that would dissect the issue a bit better, rather than the oft generalized "Hindus vs Muslims" which never tells the whole story and is merely used by dirtbag politicians to score brownie points without addressing the crux of the real issue.

Correct me if I am wrong, but my personal view is that half the problems in India arise from inadequate social education and lack of a proper thought process. I am very far away from communal problems of UP, but I have had overwhelming number of examples that Indians are far more susceptible to being led on.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                              For eve teasing a girl who happened to be a muslim. We all want crimes against women punished, don't we! Those boys got village justice.
                              Would it have been ok with you, if the mob was made up of hindus?
                              Not what happened. You got it wrong.

For me all political parties are to blame, Congress, SP and others for appeasement, BJP and its ilk for rabid communalism. Unfortunately, 2 BJP MLAs have been booked for spreading the fake video, if we go back to 2011 in Hubli, we see the same trend of BJP using communal tactics to polarise votes. (BJP, Sangh Parivar behind Pakistan flag-hoisting: Yatnal - The Hindu and Pakistani flag hoisting was a Hindutva plot to foment strife, police say - The Hindu).

People who come to power in such a fashion, will only take us down hill.

Kerela, is unfortunately the result of appeasement politics.[/QUOTE]

Congress ruled India for 90% of the time, made Indian laws and politics for 90% of the time, and also ruled most states for the most amount of time. If there are things wrong in India, they are the prime cause of it, along with the Indian Society

Comment

Working...
                              X