No announcement yet.

Most laughably inaccurate war movies ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the whole thread from the beginning.

There is a secret formula out there: Any movie must contain no more than X quantity of good stuff. X is composed of
    A=acting, A2=accuracy, and S=special effects. When you increase one factor, the others must be downgraded.

Good example: Think of Tora, Tora, Tora , but with the special effects from Pearl Harbor.
    sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

• Pearl Harbour: One of the biggest load of shite I've ever seen. Over hyped, over dramatic and the acting...Trying too hard for an Oscar I think. Oh and Ben 'Fukwit' Afleck managed to win the Battle of Britian and the war against the Japanese, or so it seemed. Load of pish!

U-571: No comment...

Enemy At The Gate: Had the potential to be an amazing film. But sadly inaccurate. I still like it though.

Comment

• w.r.t Pearl Harbour.... It was Kate Beckinsale, baby.
        “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

• this oen nicolas cage one. the windtalkers?
          in true hollywood style, nicolas cage runs through the centre of a miniture valley, out in the open, shooting 50 japanese soldiers out of the tall grass on each side of the valley..

Comment

• Originally posted by xinhui View Post
            For kicks, here's a clip from "Sleep With Me," in which Quentin Tarantino explains how "Top Gun" is really a story about a man struggling with his own homosexuality.
            Ever heard of that song "Playing with the boys" in Top Gun?

If you haven't, listen to it. Pay close attention to the words. Dirty mind is a must.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Superstar

Welcome to the WAB!

Can I ask you to head over the the Memebr Introduction Thread on the main page and tell us a bit about yourself?

And then check out the Survival Guide to the WAB...its how we keep it off the guardrails!

Again, welcome

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mem...val-guide.html
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X