Where Am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    I know it's a hill in central Romania where Soviets sent thousands of Romanians to death vs Germans.
    A few Germans died as well. ;)
    Let me guess.You googled it?Ya know,this sorta denies the purpose,which is to educate and entertain.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by Mihais View Post
      A few Germans died as well. ;)
      Let me guess.You googled it?Ya know,this sorta denies the purpose,which is to educate and entertain.
      Actually no. If I was googling it (like now, tho it is hard, since the results are in Romanian), I would have give you more detailed response. Like that it was in 1944, there were 11,000 death on the Romanian side, that it was Marshal Malinovsky's order to charge the Germans at cota 495, and finally that the place is called Oarba de Mures.

It was on a side note when I was researching what Yugo partisans (mainly for Bleiburg) did at the end of the WWII. It had that nasty notice, like 'Hey ours didn't did that bad...'
      Last edited by Doktor; 10 Oct 13,, 07:07.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Actually no. If I was googling it (like now, tho it is hard, since the results are in Romanian), I would have give you more detailed response. Like that it was in 1944, there were 11,000 death on the Romanian side, that it was Marshal Malinovsky's order to charge the Germans at cota 495, and finally that the place is called Oarba de Mures.
        11,000 casulties Dok, it`s not the same...

the place is right thou, so the question is yours .

What source do you have that Malinovski did indeed ordered such a thing ?
        Last edited by 1979; 10 Oct 13,, 21:45.
        J'ai en marre.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979 View Post
          11,000 casulties Dok, it`s not the same...
          Different sites, different numbers, ranging from 3,000 to 11,000 death.

the place is right thou, so the question is yours .
          It's open.

What source do you have that Malinovski did indeed ordered such a thing ?
          I have googled it, have to go trough browser history to find the ref. Will hit you later with a PM about the source.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• afaik 3,500 from which less than half were identified to this day.

wrt to Malinovski , imho the responsabilty rest with 27th army commander Trofimenko which wanted to spare his forces.
            Last edited by 1979; 11 Oct 13,, 18:12.
            J'ai en marre.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35219[/ATTACH]

~1000 years ago

Comment

~1000 years ago
                  Europe,1000 years ago...Some Byz-Bulgarian affair?
                  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Europe,1000 years ago...Some Byz-Bulgarian affair?
                    Europe is correct. The year is correct. The region is off.

Comment

Europe is correct. The year is correct. The region is off.
                      1014... Clontarf?? Brian Boru vs. the Northmen.

Comment

• Nope. you are ~50 years off.

Comment

• Bro,I like precision

Hastings?

Comment

Bro,I like precision
                            This is the way our arty works.

"A bit more to the left... not that left, dummy"

Hastings?
                            Yup. I love Microsoft maps ;)

Comment

• This is the way our arty works.

Then I am glad I am not an Infantryman in your army!
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                                This is the way our arty works.

Then I am glad I am not an Infantryman in your army!
                                Me too. During 2001 they were from the opposite side of the village and were to hit second house on the left (coordinates from the police). Guess who got hit? You are right, our police.

Comment

Working...
                                X