• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I am a Muslim View Post
    I did not say you are my enemies, I want you all to be my friends
    Then why lie
    What is the interest in this
    If you do not respect your enemy, you will be far more hurt than they will me. "
    I do not want that you will be my enemies, I want that you will be my friends
    But you say that "I am also not your friend."
    It appears that you do not want it, so it better
    Close this topic
    Which I did not write it
    Why do you want to be our friend?
    Aut vincere aut mori

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      The view of Israel and Judaism held within Arabia and more widely is that they are recent interlopers into what is now Israel, when in fact there have been Jews present in Israel and indeed throughout Arabia since before the time of Christ. In all likelyhood Medina was founded by Jews. Yemen was primarily Jewish. Jewish outposts and trading routes ran throughout Arabia. Some Arab kingdoms were officially Jewish.
      I bring this subject up to counter the notion implicit in I am A Muslims post that Jews are interlopers hell bent on taking all the lands belonging to arabs between the two rivers. In reality if anyone wants to play the history game Jews have just a strong historical claim to vast areas of Arabia as Arabs do.
      The fact they are much reduced now in Arabia due to the fact of it being punishable by death to be a Jew in those countries doesn't counter their historical links to those territories.;)

OK. I guess I didn't see the same implications in her incorrect understanding of the flag.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
        I have always been troubled by one issue in Islam. That of its founder going out of his way to destroy another mans place of worship and smashing idols with his own hands. Every religion on earth rejects the other religion, you may have to fight to defend your creed and everything else is just about justifiable - but not Mohammad's actions when it comes to destroying another mans place of worship.

How can you respect another mans faith if your holiest shrine was taken from another faith by violence? There I think lies the difference between Islam and others.Religions may reject other faith systems but none have gone to the extent Islam has. No?
        Incorrect, Jews took over Cannite religious sites,, Greeks took over Persian and Egyptian sites, Christians took over temple sand Synagogues, Muslims followed the Christian example.

Comment

Spanish Conquistators and the Mayan and Aztec temples.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            Incorrect, Jews took over Cannite religious sites,, Greeks took over Persian and Egyptian sites, Christians took over temple sand Synagogues, Muslims followed the Christian example.
            Yep, it's everywhere. In reality it simply represents changing faiths in an area. Why build a new church when that one over there will do. Knock down the icons and put up your own
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              OK. I guess I didn't see the same implications in her incorrect understanding of the flag.
              I'm from the 'have what you hold' school of thought. It's a common Maori belief that has great resonance with pakeha here as well. Judaism has no claim to Arabia as it has been driven from it and cannot retake it, but the idea that they were ever driven from Israel or are an interloper in the wider area is farcical. Jews always kept a presence in Judea, they kept the cooking fires burning. Arabia has no claim, they failed to drive them out.
              This modern idea that Jews are new to the area, making claims to things that they didn't always hold is modern propaganda.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Parihaka Reply

"I'm from the 'have what you hold' school of thought."

That which is acquired at the cost of blood and treasure is least likely to be let go easily. There'll be no return to pre-1967 borders much less 1948. There'll be no Palestinian country (I hesitate to call such a nation) and there'll definitely be no capitol of Palestine in Jerusalem.

The world has turned for 43 years since the '67 war and if this is the best that can be had for Jewish security in all that time, Israel will live with this reality. The Palestinians are an irrelevancy except as a bayonet to be pointed at Israel at the arabs and Islam's convenience. Tools, in other words. Best they manage what's left or lose that and be driven from the remainder too.

Unfortunately, there needs to be another war and we'll stumble along until so. When (not if) it happens again, it'll be a doozy and we'll see what shakes from the dust after it settles.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I am a Hindu. I want the Indus, Kashmir, Central Asia back: All places where the holiest books of Hinduism-- Vedas were composed and later transcribed in the devanagari script.

I am a Buddhist. I want Afghanistan, Malaysia, Indonesia all former bastions of Buddhism back.

I am a Christian. I want Turkey, part of the Eastern Roman Empire, back. I want the Church of Sophia back.

I am an American Indian, I want all of America back.

I am a Muslim, I want Jerusalem back.

There is the WHAT WAS and there is the WHAT IS...
                  Totalitarianism-Feudalism in new garbs

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention:

I am a Jew, I want the REAL PROMISED LAND--THE WEST BANK (Not the Cannanite lands of the present day Israel) incorporated into the Jewish state of Israel. I also want Lebanon-- Part of the former nation of Israel (according to the old testament) back.
                    Totalitarianism-Feudalism in new garbs

Comment

Originally posted by HillTribe View Post
                      I am a Hindu. I want the Indus, Kashmir, Central Asia back: All places where the holiest books of Hinduism-- Vedas were composed and later transcribed in the devanagari script.

I am a Buddhist. I want Afghanistan, Malaysia, Indonesia all former bastions of Buddhism back.

I am a Christian. I want Turkey, part of the Eastern Roman Empire, back. I want the Church of Sophia back.

You forgot Arabia itself. Some claim that kaaba was a Hindu temple earlier.

Others have learned to cut their losses and move on, these guys have not.
                      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

I am a Man. I want my Man Cave back ... not going to happen.

Comment

Im an athiest /agnostic / whatever, a true non believer , i dont want anything back , except all the money i have spent in alcohol and petrol taxes ;)
                          Last edited by tankie; 07 Mar 10,, 18:21.

Comment

Interestingly everyone missed the point that Masjid al Aqsa was the Qibla or the direction facing which prayers were recited by the Prophet in the initial years till he was instructed by God to change to Kaaba.

History of the Qiblah

Originally, the direction of the Qiblah was toward the Noble Sanctuary (Temple Mount) in Jerusalem (and it is therefore called the First of the Two Qiblahs). At least since Mishnaic times (AD200), Jews face the Temple Mount in Jerusalem while praying. The Mishnah speaks about this in Berakhot (Talmud) chapter 4, Mishnahs 5 and 6 and this practice is even found as early as I Kings 8:35-36. In Islam, this qiblat was used for over 13 years, from 610 CE until 623 CE. Seventeen months after Muhammad's 622 CE arrival in Medina,[1] the Qiblah became oriented towards the Kaaba in Mecca. According to accounts from the prophet Muhammad's companions, the change happened very suddenly during the noon prayer in Medina, in a mosque now known as Masjid al-Qiblatain (Mosque of the Two Qiblahs). Muhammad was leading the prayer when he received revelations from Allah instructing him to take the Kaaba as the Qiblah (literally, "turn your face towards the Masjid al Haram").

According to the historical accounts, Muhammad, who had been facing Jerusalem, upon receiving this revelation, immediately turned around to face Mecca, and those praying behind him also did so.
                            Qibla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              I have conceded such take overs do occur rather regularly. What I'm trying to find out is if the founders of the faith themselves went out to destroy those places or was it merely their followers?

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                                Im an athiest /agnostic / whatever, a true non believer , i dont want anything back , except all the money i have spent in alcohol and petrol taxes ;)
                                Amen to that brutha!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X