This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oscar View Post
    Administrative capital city built in 1000 days in the hinterland to counterbalance the influence of the coastal cities.........My name is ???
    Brasilia ?
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
      Brasilia ?
      Crap, I knew this was too easy.

Your turn. :)

Comment

Crap, I knew this was too easy.

Your turn. :)
        I think you were off by a thousand days ;)

Who am I ? My elder brother was forced to send his minister to sieze the temple treasury at Jerusalem in order to pay indemnity to Rome. However, upon his return, the minister is said to have assassinated my brother and captured the throne for himself. With my brother's son now being retained in Rome as a hostage, I managed to oust the minister and get on the throne myself by naming my brother's infant son as head of state, before having him murdered a few years later.

Comment

• Mithridates VI

Comment

Mithridates VI

No

Comment

• *erased, wrote too late*

Comment

• Antiochus IV. His given name was Mithridates, but was called Antiochus IV (after his father Antiochus III) when he took the throne.
                My Mantra
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by iar1 View Post
                  Antiochus IV. His given name was Mithridates, but was called Antiochus IV (after his father Antiochus III) when he took the throne.
                  Antiochus IV Epiphanes is right, his brother was Seleucus IV Philopator, your question :)

Comment

• I am not as good at asking questions, as I am at finding the answers. Anyways, I feel Oscar got the right answer first (Mithridates was the birth name of Antiochus IV), so I will let him ask this one.
                    My Mantra
                    sigpic

Comment

• Ok here's an easy one.

This doctrine was similar to Arianism, except they believed Mary gave birth to Jesus the man, not Jesus the god.

What sect is this?

Comment

• Nestorianism?
                        Last edited by iar1; 30 Jan 09,, 10:54.
                        My Mantra
                        sigpic

Comment

Nestorianism?

Correct! So will you submit a question this time?

Comment

• As I mentioned earlier, I am not so good at asking questions. But let me try one.

They are oldest known law codes surviving today, and amongst the first to institute fines of monetary compensation.
                            What am I talking about?
                            My Mantra
                            sigpic

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, I am not so good at asking questions. But let me try one.

They are oldest known law codes surviving today, and amongst the first to institute fines of monetary compensation.
                              What am I talking about?
                              Code of Hammurabi?
                              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• According to WIKI:

The Code of Ur-Nammu is the oldest known tablet containing a law code surviving today. It was written in the Sumerian language ca. 2100-2050 BC. Although the preface directly credits the laws to king Ur-Nammu of Ur (2112-2095 BC), some historians think they should rather be ascribed to his son Shulgi.

It also pre-dates the Code of Hammurabi.
                                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Working...
                                X