Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest invention man created throughout history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our technology expanded exponentialy when we were waging wars, and our technology remained constant and decadent when a certain human civilization was on stagnation ... therefore, the most important invention-realisation is the means to defend and to fight through 6,000 years of recorded human history... all these nice lists that people are making comes from that IMO ... all this tech that we have today comes from 5-6,000 years of warfare, the rivallery between various groups or nations, the exctintion of the weak and the rise of the stronger

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
      the extinction of the weak and the rise of the stronger

Damn Xerxes, do you write greeting cards for Hallmark??

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        THE MEN'S ROOM! I don't think single guys will ever understand this though.
        If it's because you get a chance away from the girls, I have a retort to that: My bedroom.
        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          I would say agriculture :)
          Neat trick, but try doing it on a "civilized" scale without a calendar ;) .

Regards,

William
          Pharoh was pimp but now he is dead. What are you going to do today?

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            Codifying of a naturally occuring event, requiring language to utilise.
            Parihaka,

There is a little bit more to it than that, methinks.

No amount of language a civilization makes without a calendar.

Regards,

William
            Pharoh was pimp but now he is dead. What are you going to do today?

Comment

Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
              If it's because you get a chance away from the girls, I have a retort to that: My bedroom.
              Son, there's a world of difference between they don't want to come in as compared to they cannot come in.

Comment

Subba there is no evidence that the pyramids were built by "slave labour" the workforce had their own village, were paid,fed very well and even went on strike when their pay was late.

Comment

Care to substantiate that claim?

Comment

Dave sir, i think you may be right. I googled 'pyramids and slave labour'. Plenty sites including wikipedia talking about some revisions in conventional thinking that assumed slave labor.

Comment

mankind has not the ability of creating,just can convert the datas and informations into knowledge and wisdom.simply, makes sth occur.but this cant be named as creating.creating sounds like making sth exist.
                      as an invention,not the greatest but the remarkable ones r; ability and every kind of technology of communication ,abacus,money:)
                      sigpicaction speaks louder than words

Comment

Son, there's a world of difference between they don't want to come in as compared to they cannot come in.
                        The garage - with a lock for the door going to the house! The final bastion of the married man!

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          Subba there is no evidence that the pyramids were built by "slave labour" the workforce had their own village, were paid,fed very well and even went on strike when their pay was late.
                          Correct. Those highly trained masons were the best of the best of their time.

Comment

Heh. Fair enough. Enjoy your alone time.

Originally posted by Texasjohn
                            The garage - with a lock for the door going to the house! The final bastion of the married man!
                            That's where she parks her car. What you really need is a shed. She has no reason to EVER come to a shed.
                            "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

I personally think the wheel wins hands down
                              "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
                              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I personally think the wheel wins hands down

Sir, one must'nt allow personal equations into making an objective opinion..so the wheel rolls out of contention.. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X