Deadly riots in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godwin's law

Godwin's law is an assertion made by Mike Godwin in 1990 that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

In other words, Godwin said that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.
    The above law basically summarizes any and all discussion involving the topic of "BJP", "indian politics", "congress" or "modi".

IMO, modi and his involvement in the 2002 riots is a hype, a work of "fiction" just like his counter propaganda on "development". Yes he probably understands "commerce" better than most indian politicans(maybe even better than manmohan singh) but he has not done anything significant to remove the red tapeism which is what is actually needed to encourage successful entrepreneurship.

Sadly, the indian public has got caught viciously in congress's "modi is hitler" propaganda and modi's "I will bring development" campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by classical1939 View Post
      Correct me if I am wrong, but my personal view is that half the problems in India arise from inadequate social education and lack of a proper thought process. I am very far away from communal problems of UP, but I have had overwhelming number of examples that Indians are far more susceptible to being led on.
      Its easier to pull off when the environment is volatile. All it takes is a spark.

The govt did issue alerts to 7 states as early as Sept 6.

Centre tells 7 states to be alert on possible riots communal riots | DH | Sep 6 2013

Riots kicked off a couple of days later anyway. Was it not enough or did it prevent the toll from being higher in state as well as elsewhere.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Sep 13,, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
        Not what happened. You got it wrong.
        So what is the correct version of precursor events then ?

See how vaguely my daily put it on Sep 9..

Trouble started after a member of one community was beaten to death by a mob during a “mahapanchayat” organised to protest the killing of two youths in Kaval area on August 27. The duo had reportedly killed a youth of a the other community over an incident of eve teasing.

The Bhartiya Kisan Union had convened the mahapanchayat to register its protest against the killings.
        A hindu girl got teased by a muslim who was then killed by a couple of hindus who in turn were then killed by muslim mob.

That mob then turned on the mahapanchayat and the action began.

Comment

People who were blaming the BJP and Congress, check this out:

Riot For Votes: After the first murders in Muzaffarnagar, all suspects were freed on 'orders from above'

On August 27, when a boy was killed for harassing a teen in Kawal village and then his alleged killers were lynched too, police caught all the suspects. Then, all eight were let off.

We accosted Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) R.C. Tripathi and Circle Officer J.R. Joshi. Both had just returned from touring riot-affected areas. On the night of August 27, it was Joshi who detained eight people for disturbing communal harmony and alleged double murders. Curiously, he was forced to free them.

Who was in-charge of go slow?

A senior police official incharge of Meenakshi Chowk admits on tape that if the right orders were given in Muzaffarnagar, innocent lives would not have been lost. In an absolutely shocking disclosure, the officer admits that 18 tractors were found in a river with 50 to 60 people in one tractor and the state Government turned a blind eye.

So the SP was playing politics with people's lives as usual. The SP seems to be a magnet for some of the worst scum in the country (even by politician's standards). The party chief and his son are of course the biggest a-holes of all.

Comment

Muzaffarnagar riots: Arrest warrants against 6 UP politicians

NEW DELHI: Arrest warrants were issued on Wednesday against six Uttar Pradesh politicians, who are accused of inciting violence in Muzaffarnagar, according to Times Now.

The list includes politicians from the BJP and the BSP.

According to Times Now, the Uttar Pradesh police have cordoned off the state assembly where some of these politicians were attending proceedings.

The assembly was adjourned after the BJP MLAs staged protests against the Akhilesh government.

Meanwhile, BSP MLA Noor Salim Rana denied that he instigated the mob and said he is ready to face investigations.

I am ready to go to jail if I am proved guilty after probe, he told in an interview to Times Now.

As many as 47 people have been killed, over 100 injured and more than 43,000 rendered homeless in the communal clashes that singed the area since September 7.

The Army was called in to contain the situation.
            Politicians of these kind needs to be banned for life from active politics and thrown into prison for life.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Just throwing them up in prison would suffice :whome:
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                Just throwing them up in prison would suffice :whome:
                Unfortunately no, these guys put up their proxies for elections - wife, son, daughter etc. So the power remains in their hands, and they rule from their jail cells.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                  Unfortunately no, these guys put up their proxies for elections - wife, son, daughter etc. So the power remains in their hands, and they rule from their jail cells.
                  Reminds me of organized crime. The boss is in jail, with cinema and jacuzzi, while the biz is blooming.

Unfortunately, you can't prevent that, short of killing them.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    Reminds me of organized crime. The boss is in jail, with cinema and jacuzzi, while the biz is blooming.
                    The difference is that in this case, the people have an option not to vote for their proxies. If they do it anyway, then I guess they deserve what they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                      The SP seems to be a magnet for some of the worst scum in the country (even by politician's standards). The party chief and his son are of course the biggest a-holes of all.
                      Same scum that made the indo-us nuke deal possible.

I don't know what hand they played at the outset, but once things kicked off they milked it and still are by all accounts. This is politics as usual.

Fan the flames, declare a cease fire. Get votes. Stay in office.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Sep 13,, 00:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        Same scum that made the indo-us nuke deal possible.
                        Lol. Mulayam Singh didn't give a rat's a$$ about the nuke deal. It was an opportunity for him to score political points. He took it.

Comment

People who were blaming the BJP and Congress, check this out:

Riot For Votes: After the first murders in Muzaffarnagar, all suspects were freed on 'orders from above'

Who was in-charge of go slow?

So the SP was playing politics with people's lives as usual. The SP seems to be a magnet for some of the worst scum in the country (even by politician's standards). The party chief and his son are of course the biggest a-holes of all.
                          Politicians from the BJP, Congress and BSP all instigated mobs to kill innocent people. That the SP plays it's own dirty communal games doesn't absolve the other parties of blame. All parties have to be held accountable rather than tossing the blame on to the other.
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                            Politicians from the BJP, Congress and BSP all instigated mobs to kill innocent people. That the SP plays it's own dirty communal games doesn't absolve the other parties of blame. All parties have to be held accountable rather than tossing the blame on to the other.
                            Tronic, this was one of the posts I was responding to:

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                            SP did not turn the killings into a communal issue. Congress and BJP politicians did. By rallying the two warring sides to kill each other. SP was guilty for being negligent and allowing lawlessness to spread in their state. Congress and BJP actively helped that lawlessness to spread.
                            It is clear now that they weren't just being negligent. They were actively conspiring to help one side against the other. Those links I posted aren't the only ones. There are more, which lay the SP's mischief bare.

Comment

Tronic, this was one of the posts I was responding to:

It is clear now that they weren't just being negligent. They were actively conspiring to help one side against the other. Those links I posted aren't the only ones. There are more, which lay the SP's mischief bare.
                              I never doubted SP's guilt, and negligent was the wrong word. I intended to mean willfully negligent. Mens rea.

Which side were they helping? They didn't arrest the Jat boys for killing the Muslim boys, and than they didn't arrest the Muslims for killing the Jats. When the police did make the arrests in Muzzafarnagar, they were told to release the culprits. Than, the SP didn't even bother about the Jat 'Maha Panchayat' and allowed it to be openly held, which brought in Jats from neighbouring states such as Haryana. I have no doubts that the SP wanted to turn things communal, but as much as SP is a party to the crime, the BJP and the Congress are also active culprits as their men instigated the mobs.

The elections are around the corner and all of the above parties rely on communal polarization to consolidate their votebanks. The tragedy in all this is that the Jats and the Muslims in rural Western UP actually shared cordial relations and lived in harmony till the scum politicians engineered this whole mess.

And as much as all the parties actively fanned the flames, I only see the Congress coming out on top here. The SP is under scrutiny from their own people, while the BJP, who were trying to rally the Hindus against the Muslims also seem to have failed since the fighting largely remained between Jats and Muslims. The Hindu Yadavs, Ahirs and Rajputs didn't mobilize in support of the Jats. This means the elections will still largely be based on ethnic and casteist considerations rather than religious. Only party I see gaining in UP is the Congress.
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Working...
                              X