Boston Marathon bombings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    Now you understand the sentiments of Indians when they hear that one of their places have been bombed.
    I think Americans understand well. Their cities are being bombed for a century or more.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to all of the fallen and maimed in Boston, and to the grieving American people
      sigpic

Comment

Sad and unfortunate. But I'm sure whoever did this will get his ass dragged in the streets. The US has proven it time and again.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

RIP to all the fallen, prayers to all those still in hospital receiving treatment
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Now you understand the sentiments of Indians when they hear that one of their places have been bombed.
            And this happened almost every day in NIreland for 30 years. I have been caught up in two of them and it is not an experience I wish to repeat. I feel for the victims of this atrocity and I hope they capture this terrorist and deal with him in the most extreme way. It seems that he planted rucksack bombs in doorways to cause maximum blast damage.

Comment

My deepest sympathies to the victims and as Indians we share your pain and stand with you shoulder to shoulder. Whats horrifying is that there are religious "wackos" who are actually celebrating this atrocity, online. Proves the saying that terrorists need to be lucky only once. Give'em hell, whoever that might be.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

I watched some of the videos. The explosion "report", velocity, and large volumes of white/gray smoke indicates ANFO, or ammonium nitrate sensitized with powdered aluminum/zirconium. That would be my guess. All of these components are readily available in the USA. The detonator/initiator are not, but designs for them are available in jihadi cookbooks and the like.

It's all speculation at this point, but the target indicates jihadism, vs. right-wing domestic terror.

As of today, no one has claimed the bombing. This is a bit odd, but perhaps the terrorist organization responsible is giving their people time to get out of the area, or the country.

RIP. If our enemies think we will roll over and quit, they are wrong.

Comment

Yes, I understand now, and I did before this. I would visit the same terrible ends on the creatures who would do this anywhere, India is no exception, I love India too. We are all brothers (and sisters) in this struggle to stop these monsters.
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                    Yes, I understand now, and I did before this. I would visit the same terrible ends on the creatures who would do this anywhere, India is no exception, I love India too. We are all brothers (and sisters) in this struggle to stop these monsters.
                    Very true sir. we cannot be disunited and calculative in this. I hope we all realise that we are in a holy war that threatens humanity. A very big chunk of humanity. It is the new war. No nation states or old world startagems and treaties make sense. It is something that is consume all of us and we would only lose if we wait for it to hit us first before deciding to join forces.
                    Last edited by doppelganger; 16 Apr 13,, 13:13.

Comment

Boston radio is saying initial reports are showing the bomb was made from blackpowder and ball bearings. A lot of wounds are the kind caused by what in the Civil War was cannister.
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                        I watched some of the videos. The explosion "report", velocity, and large volumes of white/gray smoke indicates ANFO, or ammonium nitrate sensitized with powdered aluminum/zirconium. That would be my guess. All of these components are readily available in the USA. The detonator/initiator are not, but designs for them are available in jihadi cookbooks and the like.

It's all speculation at this point, but the target indicates jihadism, vs. right-wing domestic terror.

As of today, no one has claimed the bombing. This is a bit odd, but perhaps the terrorist organization responsible is giving their people time to get out of the area, or the country.

RIP. If our enemies think we will roll over and quit, they are wrong.
                        ANFO was widely used in NIreland mostly made up of fertilizer and petrol. Used with scrap metal, nuts and bolts etc, can and will be devastating. In 1988 six soldiers were killed when a bomb planted under their van was detonated shortly after finishing a marathon in Lisburn leaving many injured.

Comment

Classy move by the Chicago Tribune. They GET Boston. Our sports teams are our heart and soul.

Joe Andruzzi, NE Patriot 2000-2004. His foundation does great work in the New England area. He was at the finish lione yesterday helping out. His 3 brothers are FDNY firefighters who really stepped up on 9/11.

Attached Files
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

I call upon Russia, China, USA, and India to unite in this war.

I call upon Britain, France, and Germany too.

Anything less will not be enough.

We need to surround, isolate, hunt down, and eliminate.

Right now we are just separate nations with the same problem thinking we can go it alone.

Thinking the bomb in the other's country is just too bad. And thank God we dodged the bullet this time.

Rethink needed.

Comment

My deepest sympathies to the victims of this tragedy and their families. Hope they catch the a$$holes who did this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                                I call upon Russia, China, USA, and India to unite in this war.

I call upon Britain, France, and Germany too.

Anything less will not be enough.

We need to surround, isolate, hunt down, and eliminate.

Right now we are just separate nations with the same problem thinking we can go it alone.

Thinking the bomb in the other's country is just too bad. And thank God we dodged the bullet this time.

Rethink needed.
                                And of course Israel.

We can and should learn a lot from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X