A double barrel pistole : AF 2011-A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A double barrel pistole : AF 2011-A1

In the Vietnam War I had already used american pistole Colt M1911 as my personal side arm and pistole K-54 (russische Tokarev TT33) as war booty (Xuan Loc, April 1975).

But the following pistole is amazing : it is a Double Barrel Pistole AF2011-A1 of the Italian company Arsenal Firearms.

Source :

Web press review | Arsenal Firearms

This gun looks beautiful. But one thing is most certainly that this double barrel pistol is not suitable for small hands of asian shooters….

What do you think about this handgun ?
    Would you buy it ?

If it ever jams..

Comment

Originally posted by phoggy View Post

This gun looks beautiful. But one thing is most certainly that this double barrel pistol is not suitable for small hands of asian shooters….

What do you think about this handgun ?
      Would you buy it ?
      I think Gun nut is going to prove you wrong about that hand gun.
      Ego Numquam

Comment

It's one of those things... you admire the craftsmanship and the technology, but deep down you know "It's just a toy. A cool one, but for practical use, no."

Gimme a 12 gauge pump. A .45 ACP bullet clocks 600 joules at the muzzle. Two is obviously 1200 joules. But ONE 12 gauge shell contains 2300 joules, so it is (energy equivalent) worth almost 4 barrels of .45 ACP.

I'd still like to own one, though. While the recoil may look scary, I'm guessing the massive weight of that thing will tame it. I do have big hands, that would help.

Comment

Bringing enjoyment is also a usefull function.

Makes sense if you view shooting this gun as a hobby.

If the enjoyment is worth the pricetag for you, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunder View Post
            I think Gun nut is going to prove you wrong about that hand gun.
            Phoggy is correct. That grip is huge and unsuited for most Asians (from Asia). Some Asians born and bred in the US are much bigger though.

Personally, I don't think I can handle 2 45ACP going off at the same time in one hand.

Just thought of something. It appears this gun has 2 separate triggers and we cannot see whether it has 1 or 2 separate hammers. This could cause a delay in firing and potential problems in opening the breech too early. I thought it would be beter if the triggers were externally a single piece, hammer too if at all possible. Just to synchronize fire as much as possible to minimize accuracy and safety issues.
            Last edited by gunnut; 02 Jul 12,, 19:43.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              Phoggy is correct. That grip is huge and unsuited for most Asians (from Asia). Some Asians born and bred in the US are much bigger though.

Personally, I don't think I can handle 2 45ACP going off at the same time in one hand.

Just thought of something. It appears this gun has 2 separate triggers and we cannot see whether it has 1 or 2 separate hammers. This could cause a delay in firing and potential problems in opening the breech too early. I thought it would be beter if the triggers were externally a single piece, hammer too if at all possible. Just to synchronize fire as much as possible to minimize accuracy and safety issues.
              Its not easy to come up with a another new workable asinine idea for use in handguns that are not very usable, but these guys seem to have done so.

That one made me think of another fist full... the American Derringer M4 Alaskan Survivor Model
              chambered in .45-70 in the upper barrel, and 45 long Colt or .410 shotshell in the lower barrel.
              (presumably for pissing off the Grizzly/Kodiak/Polar bear that will soon be chewing your ass)

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
                Its not easy to come up with a another new workable asinine idea for use in handguns that are not very usable, but these guys seem to have done so.

That one made me think of another fist full... the American Derringer M4 Alaskan Survivor Model
                chambered in .45-70 in the upper barrel, and 45 long Colt or .410 shotshell in the lower barrel.
                (presumably for pissing off the Grizzly/Kodiak/Polar bear that will soon be chewing your ass)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29544[/ATTACH]

A 45-70 derringer? Are they fucking insane?
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

once some lets go with anything but a weak 45-70 target load - that exposed hammer is probably going to tear their hand wide open.
                  Blood squirting - gun dropped - perhaps the bottom barrel goes off when it lands and puts them out of misery?
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Bit of a fireball from the .45-70, I'd say.

Barrels aren't there only for accuracy, they also exist to confine powder until it all gets burned. I'd say 80% of that powder is going to get ejected and simply burn in the open air.

Comment

Fun looking toy, I actually want to see separate fire from it. Either alternating barrels or empty one side then the other, I wonder if the slides are completely split so you can with good trigger control and recoil management get off more aimed rounds quickly alternating or if you are better off emptying one side then the other.

Comment

I wonder how they holster it..

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor View Post
                          Fun looking toy, I actually want to see separate fire from it. Either alternating barrels or empty one side then the other, I wonder if the slides are completely split so you can with good trigger control and recoil management get off more aimed rounds quickly alternating or if you are better off emptying one side then the other.
                          It has a one piece slide, it is available with two triggers for selective fire or a single double barrel trigger.
                          AF2011-a1 double barrel PiStol | Arsenal Firearms

The AF2011-A1 Double Barrel Pistol comes actually as the very first industrial double barrel semiautomatic pistol of all times. The original idea came about ten years back to Swiss armourer Vivian Mueller, who at the time experienced cutting and welding together multiple parts of the famous Sig P210: the result was a long slide, double barrel 9mm, highly decorated collector piece, which indeed shot very well. Our idea took the challenge further: to commemorate the legendary Colt 1911-A1 in the Centenary by making a true industrial market-ready double barrel .45 caliber pistol. We achieved success in the brief span of 6 months, after intense and round-the-clock 3D designing, stereolithographic modeling and parts machining. The gun can be handled by any shooter able to shoot with a .45 Acp and it is not only very pleasing, but very accurate and great fun. The AF2011-A1 holds amazing and surprising target performance for the shooter: in fact, it will group all the 8 double .45 caliber rounds (16 bullets) held in the duplex, single columns magazines, in a target of the size of an orange at 15 yards and of a water melon at 25. The stopping power of the AF2011-A1 is tremendous: 2 bullets for a total of 460 Grains weight impacting at 1 to 2 inches apart (depending on the distance of the target) will knock down a bull, while the whole 18 bullets, for a payload exceeding 4000 Grains, can be delivered to the target in about 3 seconds. The AF2011-A1 obviously features a number of very special parts, such as the single slide, the single frame, the single spur double hammer, the single grip safety, the single body double mainspring housing and the single double cavity magazine floor plate, the long and double magazine latch, the special barrel bushings and the hold open lever and side lever safety with long shafts: but the most interesting feature of the new pistol which we strived to keep during the development of the project, is the interchangeability of most internal parts, which come as standard 1911 replacement parts. These include the firing pins, the firing pins plates, the sears groups, the triple springs, the inner parts of the mainspring housings, the recoil springs and recoil springs rods, the magazine bodies and inner parts, the sights (including after market adjustable sights) the grips and grips screws and bushings. The AF2011-A1 (“Twenty Eleven” for aficionados) can be ordered either with 2 independent triggers and one sear group (left or right, with user-interchangeability for right or left operations) or with 2 triggers permanently joined and the choice of 1 or 2 sear groups. The AF2011-A1 is available in mirror finish Deep Blue or with a 3400 Vickers surface hardness White Ash Nitrite coating
                          Last edited by USSWisconsin; 09 Jul 12,, 06:22.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                          X