X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's winning?

Alright, sports fan, we got a doozy of a match right here in this thread:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ame...some-legs.html

Started out slow and the natives were restless and let their displeasure show via numerous godawful You Tube videos but things are beginning to heat up with the spectators offering comments and snide remarks.

Vote in the poll and let yourself be heard.

Applicable taxes will apply.
    dalem
    38.89%
    zraver
    27.78%
    It's a tie. First person to outright insult the other is the likelyl winner.
    0.00%
    JAD (because he's a mod and I want to kiss up to him)
    5.56%
    I've run out of popcorn so I stopped following the thread
    27.78%
    Last edited by YellowFever; 12 Jan 12,, 06:21.

Can I vote for myself so I can see the results? :)

-dale

Comment

Zraver does raise the occasional valid point, but it's impossible to get a decent answer out of him, and when he is wrong he obfuscates and changes topics immediately, lest someone catch on to him being wrong.

The interesting thing is, when it comes to gay marriage I actually have no problem with it. The way I see it, what people do in their own bedroom is up to them. Most of everything else he's saying is pure unadulterated crap, however, IMHO
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
        Can I vote for myself so I can see the results? :)

-dale
        If you want to view the results you can do they by clicking on "View the results" without voting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          Zraver does raise the occasional valid point, but it's impossible to get a decent answer out of him, and when he is wrong he obfuscates and changes topics immediately, lest someone catch on to him being wrong.
          I say that about Dale...

Refusing to be pigeon holed into an aha moment is not obfuscation. You want an answer, ask, but accept its my answer.

Comment

Have to agree with ross here. When I was small(er) I read a book called 'The Land of Green Ginger' about a magic land that floated around and came down to earth every night, but never in the same place. zraver argues with a 'green ginger' structure. While all his points have some validity his argements are apt to change from one area (or issue) to another for no apparent reason and the previous issue is entirely dismissed. It hurts my small brain trying to keep up with this seemingly random multiplicity and 'verbiage'.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
              Have to agree with ross here. When I was small(er) I read a book called 'The Land of Green Ginger' about a magic land that floated around and came down to earth every night, but never in the same place. zraver argues with a 'green ginger' structure. While all his points have some validity his argements are apt to change from one area (or issue) to another for no apparent reason and the previous issue is entirely dismissed. It hurts my small brain trying to keep up with this seemingly random multiplicity and 'verbiage'.
              where do my arguments change?

and what issues have I completely dismissed?

Comment

everyone who didnt read it won
                Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Can someone drag gunnut in here so Rosie and gunnut can go a few rounds.

Comment

zraver when you and I were discussing the 'What if...' WW1 scenario in the history thread one minute you wanted to turn the Adriaditic into a Central Powers 'lake' and the next we were off to the Caucus's as if the the lake idea had never existed. This is not entirely a bad thing; evidently you are appraising each side of an arguement. I just find it confusing the way you leave your previous point and start another unrelated one but pff - that is probably a fault in me.

Comment

I don't imagine a winner here - I see it more like an exercise. What doesn't kill us might make us stronger... :pop: :mocan:
                      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        Can someone drag gunnut in here so Rosie and gunnut can go a few rounds.
                        Thought with Rossie he will come back, too, but I was wrong.

I know WOT is a good game, but not THAT good.

I hope he is well and that his festivities still last.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                          I don't imagine a winner here - I see it more like an exercise. What doesn't kill us might make us stronger... :pop: :mocan:
                          The readers of WAB are the real winners here, Whiskey.

Zraver and Dale going head to head is taking up alot of precious space here on WAB.....space that otherwise would have been taken up by you posting those godawful uke pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            Thought with Rossie he will come back, too, but I was wrong.

I know WOT is a good game, but not THAT good.

I hope he is well and that his festivities still last.
                            He probably decided to clean his gun collection.

He'll be back probably around July or so.....

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              zraver when you and I were discussing the 'What if...' WW1 scenario in the history thread one minute you wanted to turn the Adriaditic into a Central Powers 'lake' and the next we were off to the Caucus's as if the the lake idea had never existed. This is not entirely a bad thing; evidently you are appraising each side of an arguement. I just find it confusing the way you leave your previous point and start another unrelated one but pff - that is probably a fault in me.
                              I was arguing from two different perspectives if I recall, but at different points and time.

Comment

Working...
                              X