No announcement yet.

China's way of breaking Western's containment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.”

Dalai Lama

Therefore, Gunnut is entitled to his views as anyone else and is following the Dalai Lama.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Ray Sir,

Your comments to me do not contain the quality that should have come from a person like you. They do not deserve response.

Bigfella,

Your comments are not getting any better. I may come back to respond your comments if I am not so busy.

But please watch the TVs below.

YouTube - Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 1

YouTube - Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 2

YouTube - Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 3

You will learn your holiness Dalai Lama’s religious freedom and how Dalai Lama oppresses other branches of the Tibetan Buddhism.

That is the way Dalai Lama loves his Tibetan people today.

The way he loved his Tibetan people in 1950 was sacrificing young Tibetans males and offering their blood and hearts to pray his God to fight PLA.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/int...tml#post449674

Dalai Lama banned the Dorje Shugden belief of the Tibetan Buddhism. It was the belief that Dalai Lama himself practiced until he reached 50s. They harass or even try to murder the Tibetans in India who exercise the Dorje Shugden belief.

Here is information about Dorje Shugden belief”

Dorje Shugden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      I am here for exchanging opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
        I do not advocate for the PRC's collpase, or for nuking Iran. I extend predictions based on the evidence I see. The word fr what I do is prognosticate. This is not me wishing for it. You assuming that becuase I do not put Chinese babies ahead of everyone else's including my own, I don't care about them. Classic middle kingdom complex. I hope communist China can mature, but the indicators are that it won't at least not any time soon. The system they built to enable the rapid growth of the Chinese economy along with some other issues is broken. The US went through a similar phase and it took us almost 70 years to fix once we identified them. The birth imbalance is creating a generation without possible spouses, cancer rates are soaring, environmental damage is awesome, quality controls and safety is lax, there is little real effort to end corruption on the local level becuase the system still demands growth ahead of everything else, rising and dangerous nationalism and a worker base that is not sustainable so that in 10-15 years wages will skyrocket and jobs will leave China en masse. China is going to have to deal with every issue the west already dealt with in the 20 century, except magnified in scope and severity and receed in the time it has to do something to stop it. China's emergence on to the world stage occurred after the A-bomb, and after peak oil and with the baggage of the communist.
        Zraver,

I think that your new comments are actually getting better and deserve some response.

Yes, you brought up some legitimate issues in your comments. I agree that China has those problems. China needs to find a way to fight these problems. It will take China many decades or 100 years to go through these messes if it took US 70 years to fix it.

Myself had put up some China’s problems not long after I joined the WAB.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/pol...agazine-3.html

Whether all those problems will leave China en masse, we need to wait and see.

Please don’t forget our arguments on Pakistan’s situation. You told me that a 3-way civil war is imminent. I argued that Pakistan will find a way out although taking time and struggle.

Where is the Pakistan’s 3-way civil now? Please be aware that you may make mistake too.

I can not make wise comments on all the problems you brought up because I am not a person like Ray sir, Bigfella and you who know everything under the sun.

My work is indirectly related to the environmental protection. The electronic control systems developed in my company are extensively used for the environmental protection purpose. Therefore, I can speak a little bit more about the environmental issues.

Yes, because China is becoming more and more decentralized in administrative power. The local governments are putting environmental protection in a low priority.

My personal working experience is that things are improving although not as fast and good as I hoped. China’s central government has begun to put environmental protection to a higher and higher priority. Here is some information on US EPA website about China Environmental Law Initiative.

EPA - China Environmental Law Initiative Home | US EPA

Right now, the law has been established but not enforced well. But at least, China has taken its first step to set up the laws. It will take time for China to enforce the laws.

Even for a developed country like US, enforce the environmental law and clear the air in a timely fashion may not always possible.

Chasing Clean Air: Los Angeles Smog and Deficit

Smog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In recent years, the sales of the electronic control systems for the environmental protection from my company to China have greatly increased. In fact, my company has just decided to move its Asia Headquarter from Tokyo to Shanghai because China has become our biggest market and production base in Asia. It indicates a level of improvement and awareness on the environmental protection.

There are different approaches and ideas for the development. Developed countries preach to developing countries that you should learn from our mistakes and somehow by pass the messy paths we went through and directly come into post-industrial age.

Some brainwashed developing countries like India my listen to your preach. As long west praise them, they are happy to see nearly half their kids are suffering malnutrition, they are happy to see they have a lot higher infancy mortality rate, they are happy to see they have a lot higher illiterate rate, they are happy to see they have a lot higher poverty rate, they are happy to see that they have short life expectancy, as long as west praise them and tell them what they are doing is great.

China is a different country with its own brain to think. We don’t believe that we can by pass the mess paths developed countries went through. We can learn from west countries. The developed countries have gone through the messy paths and provided lot useful lessons and technologies for us to fight our problem.

It took many decades for developed countries to develop advanced environmental protection devices. Now, when China become rich enough, we can buy from you immediately and make much quick improvement. My company is enjoying this business right now. It benefits both of us.

Based on reports of the Chinese social science academy, China on per-capital base lags most developed countries for 80 to 100 years. Base on the industrial revolution stage, by 2015, China will reach the level of the most developed countries in 1960. So, right now, China should be in the stage of most developed countries in 1950s. However, China’s measure to tackle the environment issue is beyond the standard of developed countries in 1950s.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/int...tml#post343492

Remember, in 1950s, US did not even have a vehicle emission law although you have more cars per-capital than China now at that time. However, China has adopted Euro 3 vehicle emission standard that enforced in Europe from 1997.

Although China is more than half century behind developed countries on the industrial revolution stage, China’s vehicle emission laws is less than 10 years behind Europe. China is hoping to catch up Europe in the vehicle emission standard in around 2014 to adopt Euro 6 standard at the same time.

European emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, tackling vehicle emission is relatively an easy task, because you need only to monitor those auto makers to certificate their new production cars. There are lot of other emissions are much harder to tackle in China.

I personally joined the air emission researches about Beijing and Shanghai. Before 1990s, all Chinese cities use small coal boilers to provide winter heat to the residents. It consists over 70% of city air emissions in winter. After nearly 15 years of development, most Chinese cities have transferred to using gas heater. It greatly improved the winter air emission.

Today, obesity and diabetes start to become a problem of China although far less serious than the case in US.

Diabetes rates skyrocket among Americans, CDC says - CNN.com

Zraver, are you going to give China another doom-day warning, that China will face another challenge that she cannot overcome? It seems that this is an even more serious one because US overcome those problem although took long time. For this one, even US has not found a way to overcome yet?

However, largely, I consider your new comments as constructive criticism. China needs to pay more attention on these problems.

For the China’s economic issues, I choose to listen to Lin Yifu’s opinion instead of yours, sorry. By the day when you become the Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of the World Bank, I will listen to yours.

Data & Research - World Bank Chief Economist: Justin Yifu Lin

Justin Yifu Lin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ECONOMY: Lin Yifu's World Bank Job May Add To China's Clout
        Last edited by Zeng; 26 Jun 08,, 19:33.
        I am here for exchanging opinions.

Comment

• Why do we always try to conquer others` minds?
          A chinese idiom: 对牛弹琴...

Comment

• Originally posted by samjill2all View Post
            Why do we always try to conquer others` minds?
            A chinese idiom: 对牛弹琴...
            You are free to leave.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Ray Sir,

Your comments to me do not contain the quality that should have come from a person like you. They do not deserve response.
              Zeng,

I appreciate the fact that my post was too close to reality for you to answer!

I understand and won't press you for one!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by rat View Post
                tolerance to other cultures my friend :)
                Not a part of the Han culture!

It overpowers.

An Ethnohistorical Dictionary of China - Google Book Search

Same as good old McCauley, though McCauley was benign compared to the Han superiority complex!
                Last edited by Ray; 09 Jul 08,, 19:26.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                X